The Rumour Thread

I've no idea honestly. Stormcast do have a lot of options though. 

That said don't forget GW pitches these boxes typically as beginner to expansion sets. So often they are great for someone just starting or recently started with an army looking to expand what they've got. So the SC could be quite similar to the last one, or gw might vary it up some. They tend to err away from really expensive single models though and that's about the only pattern. 

Of course the other aspect is that at present AoS hasn't got its own "Apoc" style rules for mega games; although several armies do have battalions made up of other battalions which can end up costing very high point values (from memory I think the Daughters of Khaine one is in the region of 5K points). But as AoS is quite "new" I don't think there's the same pressure (yet) to get GW to push for Apoc style games in marketing. In time I fully expect to see such rules either as its own set or in the GHB one year. Heck with this years being focused on the 1K game and with Warcry in the smaller point values and Skirmish still kicking around; I could well see next years feature being 5K+ games 

5 hours ago, Overread said:

GUYS I got one - an actual RUMOUR!!!

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/2460/780018.page#top part way down

From someone in France relayed through Dakka: *translated with google apparently* Also they think Ombrelance is "shadow spear" or something like that. 

"Sister of battles:
The first box including the new army figures will be available between November 10 and 20 and the collector version will exist in French.
There will be no further news until February / March 2020.

Necromunda:
New Necromunda box including a new band and with new rules.

Battleforce Christmas:
There will be 10 different Battelforce.
145 euros / piece
4 for AOS: Nighthaunt / Skaven / Stormcast / Goblins
6 for 40k: T'au, Drukhari, Space Wolves, Blood Angels, Chaos, Tyranids

Romans:
All Horus Heresy novels are back in Hard Cover Omnibus

Accessories:
A box with 5 painting handles
A box with a handle under layer for under bed 50 figurines

MS:
Start collecting Vanguard

Chaos:
Start collecting Ombrelance"

Maybe the Skaven box might even have the bombardier in it.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nerdkingdan said:

What kind of content would another Stormcast box have?   What wasn't explored in a previous one?    

I would expect something you don't see played a ton, but still newish stuff. From the new chamber they could include a couple dracoline cavalry boxes, aventis firestrike for the centerpiece, castigarors, and then some sequitors to add draw and round it out. 

• Like 1

You know on the subject of start collecting stormcast, I noticed how weak the current warrior chamber  box is now that we have a new starter. Particularly the lack of a full squad of retributors, which in the box only comes with two. I hope they make a new vanilla stormcast box, maybe with some Dracoth riders, a Castellant and some liberators?

Edited by Acid_Nine

So I keep following the French forum posted on the last page. They have a second source confirming pretty much everything concerning the Battleboxes.
They also say that Sisters of Battle will go on pre-order on Nov. 23rd, the second Psychic Awakening book (Black Templar VS Chaos) at the end of November (most likely the 30th), and the third PA book (Tyranids vs Blood Angels) at the end of December(28th?).

There's also a lot of excitement about the Tyranids box.

They don't have any information about content of the boxes.

Edited by Minis by Night
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Nerdkingdan said:

What kind of content would another Stormcast box have?   What wasn't explored in a previous one?    

GW has no problem letting the content of battleforce boxes overlap so it could partly be something we've already seen in an early battleforce box.

If they put Aventis Firestrike in the SC box, it is day one order for me. But I don't believe such a  miniature in this box.

I was surprised last week when I read this leak. The choice of Stormcast is obvious (as the 2 space marine are) , gloomspite is ok, but skaven?  nighthaunt? I thought that they at least put a CoS box with so many possibilities (or an orruk) . Skaven have already 2 SC! and NH have the starter. Strange choice of army boxes. 

On the other hand I guessed the 40k ones. So no surprise here.

• Like 1

Yeah, depending on whats in it, I could see myself going for the Nighthaunt one. They have a lot of potential to grab people who bought Soul Wars and Storm Strike, but then didn't get much beyond those, and are eyeing the more expensive troop kits and the various bigger bits, but haven't gone for them yet. Since I consider some of those kits on an almost monthly basis, but haven't bought much more since the starter, I'm sure that I can't be the only one.

Yep the content will be important and as I said it may attract the occasional Nighthaunt player but would need to be a really good deal to attract anyone who is already into a Nighthaunt army. I have all models and I may need a copy of one or two units to get to 20 models, but is unlikely I’ll get those I need in the same box... and I don’t need any hero, there’s over-abundance of heroes in Nighthaunt!

4 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Yep the content will be important and as I said it may attract the occasional Nighthaunt player but would need to be a really good deal to attract anyone who is already into a Nighthaunt army. I have all models and I may need a copy of one or two units to get to 20 models, but is unlikely I’ll get those I need in the same box... and I don’t need any hero, there’s over-abundance of heroes in Nighthaunt!

If you already have all the models in the army of any of these armies the boxes probably aren’t aimed at you. That’s hardly specific to the Nighthaunt one. 

None of the 4 AoS boxes will be fast sold out except if they have an exceptional content: the skaven one with bombardier+vermilord is a good contender for fast sale. Stormcast, only if they include power units and a big monster like Aventis Firestrike. I don't think that the other 2 have enough success (in game & in sales) or player base to be sold out in a blink of a eye.

For 40K on the other hand....

1 hour ago, alghero81 said:

Sorry I was not clear, it is most likely that whoever was interested in Nighthaunt already got it rather than other armies, but maybe I’m wrong and will be the first box to be sold out. Let’s see

Having everything for a given army is definitely the exception rather than the norm. For every one player who has bought all the nighthaunt you can expect there to be many who have only got a few, or didn't advance beyond the starter set. I'd consider myself quite a fan of them, but its taken me the better part of the year to get the starter set stuff completed to my satisfaction, so I'm only now thinking about expanding beyond that.

Those of us who post on the forums are always going to be the most engaged with the hobby, so its easy to forget that we are not necessarily representative of the market as a whole. Even if all of the main Nighthaunt players on here have complete collections, you can bet that there are more casual fans out in the wild who would be interested in such a set.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Those of us who post on the forums are always going to be the most engaged with the hobby, so its easy to forget that we are not necessarily representative of the market as a whole. 

Haha I feel like this needs to be stickied at the top of every thread in every subforum on this site.  Or every time you go to hit Post on a new post, a pop-up comes up asking "Have you considered that those of us who post on the forums..." before you can post.  LOL

Edited by amysrevenge
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

Haha I feel like this needs to be stickied at the top of every thread in every subforum on this site.  Or every time you go to hit Post on a new post, a pop-up comes up asking "Have you considered that those of us who post on the forums..." before you can post.  LOL

Yeah, that wouldn't be a bad idea. Though that said, I'm not trying to be critical of those who frequently forget this. Its just one of those things which is worth saying every so often!

• Like 2

Nighthaunt I wouldn't buy, the army is really weak. If it has a lot of bladeghast and some chainrasps it might be decent for a LoN list. Otherwise while the model value may be high, the usable model value will be low. 

Stormcast and skaven may be OK. Gloomspite will probably be the same as nighthaunt. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

None of the 4 AoS boxes will be fast sold out except if they have an exceptional content: the skaven one with bombardier+vermilord is a good contender for fast sale. Stormcast, only if they include power units and a big monster like Aventis Firestrike. I don't think that the other 2 have enough success (in game & in sales) or player base to be sold out in a blink of a eye.

For 40K on the other hand....

Actually several AoS ones sold out really well last year. The ones that lingered were those that didn't have Battletomes and I recall one at least sold out very fast once a Tome was released for that army. Slaves to Darkness has held on through the year, but its also an army without a Tome. Heck Seraphon sold out and they haven't yet got a 2.0 Battletome (though they do have one at least).