The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, Hankster said:

Hey everyone, someone I my gaming group is saying that the Slaves to Darkness and Everchosen book has leaked. I can't find anything. Is this true? Is there a leak?

There was a leak yesterday showing off loads of Bonereapers models which sparked GW doing their own reveal of most of that leaked content on the community site. 

However I've not heard nor seen anything on Slaves to Darkness/Everchosen. It's more likely your friend got confused or is picking up on things like wish-lists on reddit. If they do know of a slaves leak then best strap them to the rack and torture them for the information because no one else seems to know of it at this stage! 

That said I'd be surprised if just because Slaves isn't even on the radar yet so there wont' be any stock moving around so most of the only staff involved will be near the upper ranks and far less likely to risk their job and leak info out at this stage. Most leaks we get (esp these days) tend to be from the distribution network as content gets shipped out in advance of a launch. 

Another week of my ironjawz boxes sitting there, as I want to see the new book before putting them together... I have nearly lost all faith in both cities and warclans being good books, sounds like extreme left hand work, with bare minimum effort put in just to get it over with and move on to shinies they want to create.

Guess I can only be positively surprised at this point. The new death guys look cool though and if they stretch the orruk release so far, I might as well just skip it all together

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, madmac said:

I don't really have high expectations for CoS, so this isn't me whining about it particularly, but it just really feels that GW has no faith in this book and doesn't want to talk about it.

I feel like it's a passion project for Sam Pearson that he pushed through. I have high hopes for the book itself and feel GW has massively underestimated how popular it is going to be.

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

I really had hoped next week would be preorder (after there is Store Anniverary in one of my two mainstore).

I basicly have paused my Tribesmen project because I want to look what the new Citites of Sigmar Battletome will give me.

At the moment I'm basicly painting Blackstone Fortress miniatures because I like the story and roleplaying aspect.

Looking at the slate of big releases, with the two tomes, sisters, bone boyz, and for sure a ton more astartes packs, I imagine we won't be seeing Mawtribes until closer to Christmas. I had hoped it might squeak in alongside CoS and Warclans, but that seems like too dense a schedule for so many books. 

Oh well. Had hoped to get more clarity on the force organization well building up my guys, but I may as well Hobby what I have and hope it turns on to not be bad! haha

Theres at least two more Astartes sub Codexes to go plus however many of the Psychic Awakening books they've started hyping up.

The disparity in how they are presenting/releasing products from both games is odd. Feels like we'll hear about something for AoS and just wait and wait. Meanwhile we get a big 40k reveal and it's up for pre order immediately.

10 minutes ago, Eldarain said:

Theres at least two more Astartes sub Codexes to go plus however many of the Psychic Awakening books they've started hyping up.

The disparity in how they are presenting/releasing products from both games is odd. Feels like we'll hear about something for AoS and just wait and wait. Meanwhile we get a big 40k reveal and it's up for pre order immediately.

Don't forget only yesterday we got a new AoS model (Gotrek) and a repacked chimera with cards for Warcry as well as a new warcry terrain set and rules for Warcry. So it's hardly like AoS has had "nothing". The Space Marine sub-codex were always going to take a while to come out since there are so many of them; meanwhile the Awakening release is all of 40K with the first release for it appearing to be Xenos with the Banshees (or if not the first then a very early release). 

AoS is stuck waiting for a while I agree, but its mostly because they didn't preview the battletomes at the Nova. If they'd previewed something from them then, even if it was just a couple of warscrolls, it would have tided people over. The "its so close we're not talking about it"was a mistake to have been said that got picked up on and repeated. Because clearly several things were coming before those books and were not too close to be talked about. Remember its only been 2 weeks - that's two release windows. 

What really makes it painful is that the Cities of Sigmar groups are all armies that have never had an AoS battletome - its chock full of multiple fanblocks all mashed together who have been denied AoS stuff for 5 years - that's a painful long time to wait. But rest assured we know its coming, its just like Christmas only you don't know the exact date - so its all hype and tension and stress and frustration and over excitement (and for some morbid curiosity). 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

So, what will be the last 2019 battletome which is supposed to be a Chaos tome? Tzench or StD? 

We have no confirmation that there is one. Right now the last tome is Bonereapers. After that there is "something" for Ogres which will involve a new leader, other than that we don't know. A duel box with another army; a battletome; something else. 

Thereafter we've no idea what so ever. If its another Chaos tome then it could be Tzeentch or Slaves to Darkness. There's also the KO and Seraphon who need updated Battletomes. Any one of the four is a potential IF there's space for another tome.

Suffice it to say that at present we know for certain that after Bonereapers there are only 4 Battletomes to update for current armies; of which two are pure updates (Seraphon and KO); one is a totally fresh Battletome (Slaves to Darkness) and one is a half and half with a merger (Ogres).

It would be especially great to get two tomes after Bonereapers, thus meaning that AoS can enter 2020 only needing two more to complete the game; however even just one more still means only three battletomes in 2020 which easily means that in the first quarter of 2020 AoS should fully move to the 2.0 game system. 

That marks 2020 as a very exciting year for AoS! Being the first year since its creation where the whole game is running a proper rules system all at the same time. It will also mean that we should shift from a time of seeing mass losses of models and continual loss risk; into a time where we see continual replacement and addition to model lines with only minor losses; which all coincide with gains/replacements. 

Slaves to Darkness is the last big Tome where I think we will see some losses - I'm right now expecting to see all the finecast exalted Chaos lords vanish simply because there are already plastic lords and we don't "need" the finecast. Meanwhile Marauders could vanish on foot (replaced by Warcry warbands) and we could even see a few others like Chaos chosen removed. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, kuroyume said:

Warcry is not AoS, just like Aeronautica is not 40k

Aeronautica is a totally different scale; Warcry is basically killteam and, whlist Slaves hasn't got a Battletome to make it work perfectly, all model releases for Warcry are at least valid in AoS proper (and the way the scrolls are setup they are more normal in how they work in AoS than the Underworld Warbands). Though agreed the rules for warcry aren't much for AoS pure. 

50 minutes ago, Overread said:

Slaves to Darkness is the last big Tome where I think we will see some losses - I'm right now expecting to see all the finecast exalted Chaos lords vanish simply because there are already plastic lords and we don't "need" the finecast. Meanwhile Marauders could vanish on foot (replaced by Warcry warbands) and we could even see a few others like Chaos chosen removed. 

I guess Seraphon will be losing many models as well. There is a lot of failcast. Salamanders, razordons, chameleon skinks, kroxigors, sunblood, eternity warden, slann, kroak. The heroes are still pretty good but the artillery and skinks are getting trashed I imagine. Most of the range is in not in a good shape as well. Warriors look very static and tiny compared to other infantry in the game.  Cold ones are 'derpy'. The only up to date kits are: carnosaur/troglodon, bastiladon, engine of the gods, ripperdactyls/terradons and skink starpriest.  Aaand maaaybe Guards. I am not sure where GW is gonna go with this army but it can be anything between being totally squatted and getting like 6 new kits.

40 minutes ago, Mateusz said:

I guess Seraphon will be losing many models as well. There is a lot of failcast. Salamanders, razordons, chameleon skinks, kroxigors, sunblood, eternity warden, slann, kroak. The heroes are still pretty good but the artillery and skinks are getting trashed I imagine. Most of the range is in not in a good shape as well. Warriors look very static and tiny compared to other infantry in the game.  Cold ones are 'derpy'. The only up to date kits are: carnosaur/troglodon, bastiladon, engine of the gods, ripperdactyls/terradons and skink starpriest.  Aaand maaaybe Guards. I am not sure where GW is gonna go with this army but it can be anything between being totally squatted and getting like 6 new kits.

Seraphon is different if only because they already have a battletome. That gives their army a bit more resilience because GW has already had their army confirmed as an entity and feature for AoS. So there's far less chance of losing things than for Slaves to Darkness who have had no official tome through the life of AoS. Seraphon is more likely to be one of the factions that will keep its finecast and any metal (if its got any) for a longer period until such time as GW can replace it. They might replace it like for like - new plastic sculpts - or remove some models and add some new ideas into the force as a replacement.

There'd be no gain for GW to remove lots of models from them now because it would spark a huge problem of trust within the battletome system. IF players feel like their models are not going to "last" it can drive them away from the game FAST. GW gets some leeway with armies with no Tome at present because in theory they aren't confirmed for the game; though even then its a very bitter pill to take and I can bet a lot of old high elf players are in the same pot as tombkings and bretonnia players. Though HE have one saving grace that is the "new" light aelf army that GW has been teasing us with for years since AoS started but have yet to release. We know its out there; just not in what form (heck the Slaanesh book made it sound like it would come out as a combined Aelf battletome with just one or two new models - though the Free Cities book squashes that totally) 

5 minutes ago, AthlorianStoners said:

I thought the book was confirmed?

I think we've had some confirmation by people asking at the events that Beastclaw Raiders are in the book with Gutbusters but I don't think we've yet had a firm confirmation that the Ogres are 100% getting a book this year. It looks very likely though, and hopefully it is the case. 

Just now, Overread said:

I think we've had some confirmation by people asking at the events that Beastclaw Raiders are in the book with Gutbusters but I don't think we've yet had a firm confirmation that the Ogres are 100% getting a book this year. It looks very likely though, and hopefully it is the case. 

Vince did note on a Warhammer Weekly that Mawtribes, the battletome, is coming. It was brought up at an event in a Q/A, and GW said they thought they had confirmed it, but affirmed it to them there. But with the release packed its anyones guess when. Could be stuffed in with CoS and Warclans, or closer to christmas. Though I have not heard anything concrete about BCR being included. Its heavily speculated they are folding the factions back together, but any confirmation its happening would be welcome haha.

4 hours ago, Forrix said:

I feel like it's a passion project for Sam Pearson that he pushed through. I have high hopes for the book itself and feel GW has massively underestimated how popular it is going to be.

I don’t think they have. I understand people being bit annoyed about the “lull” between AOS releases but I suspect a few things are in play...

1) Space Marines are a big money earner so makes sense for GW to push them out quickly

2) Whatever delayed Sylvaneth May have delayed other things

whatever happens, I’m hoping the Cities book appears soon as I have a small stash I think I might work around with it as a Dogs of War type army...00D0CE23-2033-4C58-85D9-AE297D2A90FD.jpeg.88e86bec48e9afdf8bc513a60f1f683e.jpegFF04D2F7-D042-4A8A-AD4D-05E6F00FCDF4.jpeg.48de9b8d53e7cd972769ef7be66c2fe9.jpeg5C67CD14-A5F2-4C75-9C45-01E9BBB06119.jpeg.dfd2521ba28936d2a00990126e685779.jpegA9D71B01-09AE-4C89-94F3-5191BB8D612C.jpeg.4d6b1c5d78c21f42103365b9c7847ad6.jpeg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

Why do people keep saying things GW has no faith in the book, they don't care about cos or it must be delayed?

GW have their release schedule in place for a long time. They have to for logistics sakes. Yes sometimes things go wrong like sylvaneth but otherwise I'm betting the CoS battletome is being released when it's supposed to.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ogregut said:

Why do people keep saying things GW has no faith in the book, they don't care about cos or it must be delayed?

Mostly because the removal of models happened with a big lag time before the release of the book. So currently those players most interested in the Cities book (esp any highelf players) have had toys taken away from them and nothing to let them use what remains. It means that they are left frustraited and not able to do much - they can't even spend money since they don't know exactly how the armies within the book will function nor what the stats are. It leaves them in a limbo.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1