The Rumour Thread

We essentially have four layers of rumours.

1) new battletomes for each grand alliance.

2) forbidden power narrative teases an old ally of nagash.

3) Tom Lyons seems pretty confident a new shooty death army is coming.

4) the recent teaser. 

That's as good a rumour as we've had this year. 

• Like 1

I feel like there's two more death factions easily left to do. I was an undead player for many years in my early teens and when they split undead into 2 factions and released vampire counts all of my models were from the tomb kings side and not vampire counts! I asked every week if the new book was out because I was unable to use my models and all I got back was  eye rolls ( bless their patience with an annoying 13 yo🤣 I actually stopped playing before tomb kings  were ever a faction and haven't played a fantasy game until AoS about 18 months ago!

Anyway I wasn't bothered by TK being squatted but did like the reanimated constructs from death magic and loved the end times aesthetics especially the morgasts, which I do remember hearing a rumour that they were a prototype for a new faction idea of death. 

Now though I'm very keen on them coming back just not in the Egyptian theme. A new faction based off of a new mortarch, with more  morghasts , ushabi type monstrous creatures,  sphinxs could use the same kit as well as the stalkers. Throw in some skellies to boot and a few plastic leaders and your good to go.. i would stay away from being direct descendants of TK but have two ways to play from the battletome, loyal to settra and with the grand alliance order or allied to Nagash with a new mortarch of dust.

Future death battletomes. 

-TK

Soulblight ( legion of blood)(vampires, thralls and bats and all the way in between)Might offer a more neutral tale on death who warned completely subservient 

-deadwalkers( new name needed) a rolling tide of stinking decay reanimating as it goes, using slain models to add to your 'summoning pool' building up big enough pools to raise zombie dragons and flesh giants from the available dead at your disposal!! All put together by necromancers and corpse carts. 

I wouldn't  bother with a deathrattle tome.  Skellies do well  in LoN and work well witj every faction  to tie it all together.

19 hours ago, Still-young said:

When was the last time Stormcast actually got an update though? It’s been over a year now. 

Yeah, besides some special store opening single sculpts. It got me thinking though, there was a time when Stormcast Eternals had about as many kits as Grand Alliance Death or Grand Alliance Destruction. They are still the largest single faction kit wise though, going off the webstore, with 59 kits*. Legions of Nagash is number 2 with 43 and Skaven number 3 with 42. Pretty impressive considering that every single Stormcast model has been released since the AoS launch. I think they were trying to strong arm a space marine phenomenon with them. 

In other news, I'm really expecting Cities of Sigmar to be announced for pre-order this Sunday. They need to throw a bone to people who have had kits retired and assuming we're getting 4 more battletomes (CoS, Orruk Warclans, Ogors, New Death) this year, with none in December (usually the case) they only have a little over 3 months to release those tomes. Plus there's the Underworlds stuff, and bound to be some more 40k releases too. I suppose we could see double releases like Skaven/FEC but in the case of the Ogors/New Death box I would think a completely new faction would get its own release week or even two. Now that I think of it, it makes pairing Ogors with a new army in a box set kinda weird. I know they did that with Soul Wars but both of those factions had all new models in the box and it was for the launch of a new edition.

*I get some store items are books and dice for an army but I don't feel like sorting that all out.

works for me, it's from /tg/, so take with a big grain of salt, but it is not too outlandish:

Gutbusters+BCR 1 faction
all resin dropped
new Butcher + Tyrant models
Butcher with cauldron gone. 
Cauldron is now terrain piece. 
Endless spells are big mouth in ground,  everwinter thing, floating piece of meat
release late october w/ new death

New skeletons, some  horse archers, some ogre skeletons 

Tzeentch final chaos tome for the year

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

works for me, it's from /tg/, so take with a big grain of salt, but it is not too outlandish:

Gutbusters+BCR 1 faction
all resin dropped
new Butcher + Tyrant models
Butcher with cauldron gone. 
Cauldron is now terrain piece. 
Endless spells are big mouth in ground,  everwinter thing, floating piece of meat
release late october w/ new death

New skeletons, some  horse archers, some ogre skeletons 

Tzeentch final chaos tome for the year

Yeah, that seems pretty reasonable whether it's a leak or a just a theory.  I do wonder if they would then get rid of Firebelly/Maneaters then.  That would be a shame with them getting a new merc battalion and everything, but not unheard of with the whole Cities of Sigmar squatting thing.

3 minutes ago, willange said:

Yeah, that seems pretty reasonable whether it's a leak or a just a theory.  I do wonder if they would then get rid of Firebelly/Maneaters then.  That would be a shame with them getting a new merc battalion and everything, but not unheard of with the whole Cities of Sigmar squatting thing.

Maybe some of this stuff was given Merc rules BECAUSE they knew it was getting squatted.  Kind of a consolation prize... The models you have will never be in a proper battletome, and we have pretty restrictive allies rules,  but here, have some rules to play them as mercs in your supported army.

Or (more nefariously):  "we need to clear out some of these resin kits before people find out they aren't going to be in a book"

No reason it couldn't be both. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Maybe some of this stuff was given Merc rules BECAUSE they knew it was getting squatted.  Kind of a consolation prize... The models you have will never be in a proper battletome, and we have pretty restrictive allies rules,  but here, have some rules to play them as mercs in your supported army.

Or (more nefariously):  "we need to clear out some of these resin kits before people find out they aren't going to be in a book"

No reason it couldn't be both. 

Yeah, thoughts like that are not helping me get my army done... Pistoleers and outriders look awesome, but will they actually do something?