The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

Archaon the most powerfull mortal being in the Realms, the destroyer of the old world is not the primary bad guy for chaos ?

And let the most powerful baseline units from 8th edition just fade away. Way to motivate a 10+years Warriors of Chaos player.

You really should write letters to the Avengers Endgame movie makers. Thanos is a joke. There was a Hot Dog Salesman in the background in Los Angeles. He should be the main villain instead

Archaon is, he got a new model and a book release with that. What can slaves to darkness add to chaos that the God specific chaos doesn't already offer?

@Kurrilino What is the proof? The herald - Darkoath Warqueen. All other Heralds got their books.  And don't tell me she heralded Warcry - none of those warbands  share the aesthetic with Warqueen, Chieftain and Shadespire warband.

Edited by michu
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, adreal said:

Archaon is, he got a new model and a book release with that. What can slaves to darkness add to chaos that the God specific chaos doesn't already offer?

Slave to darkness are the base of the chaos undivided, they have nothing to do with specific god armies. Maybe before writing random things you should read the BG. 

P.S. in 40k is the same.

11 minutes ago, michu said:

@Kurrilino What is the proof? The herald - Darkoath Warqueen. All other Heralds got their books.  And don't tell me she heralded Warcry - none of those warbands  share the aesthetic with Warqueen, Chieftain and Shadespire warband.

The Herald came out 1.5 years ago. And while everyone else got the shiny battletome STD are not. And the thing that pisses me off the most is that it makes no sense to spread into new armies (mawtribes, slaanesh, new death for how awesome they can be) without completing that cycle.

@Kurrilino totally understand and agree with you. I suggest you to not sell the army tho.

I personally won't buy anything for age of sigmar at all until STD come out. If i do not get bored sooner, at this point everything is possible.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, shadowgra said:

And the thing that pisses me off the most is that it makes no sense to spread into new armies (mawtribes, slaanesh, new death for how awesome they can be) without completing that cycle.

Tell that to players that waited much longer for Ogors, new Keeper of Secrets and something for old Aelves. Mawtribes (formerly Gutbusters) and Slaanesh armies are not new armies, they were here since the beginning of AoS. Those players had the same rights to get their armies updated as you. And as most of them will surely be done with BT+Terrain+ES only, it still leaves rest of year for full StD Battletome.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, michu said:

Tell that to players that waited much longer for Ogors, new Keeper of Secrets and something for old Aelves. Mawtribes (formerly Gutbusters) and Slaanesh armies are not new armies, they were here since the beginning of AoS. Those players had the same rights to get their armies updated as you. And as most of them will surely be done with BT+Terrain+ES only, it still leaves rest of year for full StD Battletome.

I did not say that. Since they starter a cycle with the Heralds, it has more sense to finish it out that first. At least that is how i work and think: if i start something i finish it asap before starting something else.

Ogors/slaanesh players waited as much as me because archaon and varanguards came out as soon as age of sigmar arrived, putting everyone at 0. And guess what? They actually had a usable allegiance ability (doom&darkness played them pretty effectively on his channel), while STD has a bunch of useless warscrolls and maybe the worst allegiance ever made, with awful battle traits, command traits and artefacts.

About having updates meanwhile they are sure to have one, STD do not. Because it is all speculation, nothing is clear. I had a hint from a GW guy "STD are coming after khorne, max in july". This goes on every 3 months from a year and a half, someone heard SMT and posts, and everyone that wants that army to come out hopes again. Only to see his hopes being crushed. Every time, 1.5 years this way is very frustrating.

5 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

Yes there is a particular reason why.

I hear that the Battletome is coming since over 4 years. And despite you claim we know that one is coming, the actual truth is that we know ******.

And i am extremely pissed that the main bad guys even have a single book or remotely useful stuff while everyone else is now on their 2nd edition.

At this pace i could also join the church. They promised Jesus will return very soon and he is now over 2000 years late. Despite people testifying the end is nigh since 1000's of years.

If you claim that we know a Battletome is imminent, please demonstrate that.

Or you could manage your own expectations like an adult?  You’re not owed an imminent Chaos book. People on here speculate, sometimes with good evidence, other times with none what so ever. It’s up to the individual to parse what’s likely/credible and what isn’t. 

Keep your chaos, sell your chaos, join a church, whatever. This isn’t a forum for announcing your life choices.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

I said a while ago that I don't expect to see a new Slaves to Darkness book until all the warcry warbands are out. The first six are coming faster than I thought but we now know there are at least 8. My bet is still on the book coming out in spring next year with tzeentch being the last chaos book this year. That said if @Kurrilino is done waiting then that is their prerogative. The irony is that slaves to Darkness, between the underworlds warband and warcry will get more new warscrolls than any other faction this year.

• Like 3

While I don’t agree with the way @Kurrilino expresses their frustration, technically they have every right to be frustrated. This whole StD/Darkoath getting mentions all over but never releasing has grown old, not to mention that releasing a Slaanesh BT with no mortals added to the frustration of Chaos mortals players/fans.

Also, let’s be honest. This Open Day was a bust. GW might have got rid of a few armies in need of BTs in one go, that’s true and it’s a good thing, but the whole thing offered us just two soup BTs and a whopping one new miniature reveal. Even the expected Underworlds S3 reveal was a few seconds of two model silhouettes.

Seriously all that could be covered in one Community article, without the whole show.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Sabotage! said:

I have to say, this was a very disappointing Open Day. 

Both the Battletomes are neat (especially now that Orruks will have more than 3 units, and the Free Peoples won't be split into 40 two model factions.)

But the reveals otherwise we're next to nothing. The Ogre is cool, and I guess someone will want a Gortek mini, but really two models revealed at THE Open Day for one of your flagship games? Very underwhelming.

They could have at least shown off the two Warbands they showed silhouettes of. Yeah for Beastmen in Underworlds at least.

Many many people will want Gotrek and I predict he will be a hero for the sigmar cities tome. Mixed dwarf factions led by Gotrek as general anyone? 

Re model reveals this was warcry's day and they didn't want to detract from that after months of hype. Even so two new battletomes, Ogres practically confirmed with one and a new faction coming. They may not have immediately shown lots of new models but they cant possibly release 4 books without some new models. Each of the existing 3 will get at least 1 hero and Ogres merged with BCR is instantly a new dimension. Hold tight! 

1 hour ago, michu said:

54 minutes ago, michu said:

So I definitely understand @Kurrilino's frustration, though I don't play StD I feel bad for them, not sure he/she deserves the attacks right now as they are just letting off steam.

I don't think you can say you know what is coming out when...just a few weeks ago you were denying the price increases as fakes while they were literally taking place.  As for "rest of the year" for the StD battletome- the next three battletomes appear to be locked in right? Free Cities, Orruks, Mawtribes.  At the earliest those are going on preorder after Warcry is finished in August.  You can bet Primaris SMs are getting a new codex this year, PLUS the upcoming HUGE Sisters of Battle release.  So while it isn't impossible for StD to come out and I hope they do- you can see how people might doubt it.  The point is, there are nicer ways to understand what someone is upset about without acting like a know-it-all.

• Like 3

Guys, I'm with you for StD as I am too waiting for a long time to get my StD something. But I'm confident now about seeing the so long awaited book soon.

Did you notice that in the whole range of AoS miniatures on GW site, the only ones that are not yet in a battletome are the Ogors and StD? With the yesterday reveal of ogors, I think that an Ogor+beastclaw tome is pretty much sure. That means, only StD/Everchosen are remaining without a tome: GW clearly want all his mini under a tome ASAP. I'm happy to beleive we are (almost) next for sure.

12 minutes ago, Lernaean said:

While I don’t agree with the way @Kurrilino expresses their frustration, technically they have every right to be frustrated. This whole StD/Darkoath getting mentions all over but never releasing has grown old, not to mention that releasing a Slaanesh BT with no mortals added to the frustration of Chaos mortals players/fans.

Also, let’s be honest. This Open Day was a bust. GW might have got rid of a few armies in need of BTs in one go, that’s true and it’s a good thing, but the whole thing offered us just two soup BTs and a whopping one new miniature reveal. Even the expected Underworlds S3 reveal was a few seconds of two model silhouettes.

Seriously all that could be covered in one Community article, without the whole show.

I don’t think anyone has a right to be frustrated about any of it. GW are a company out to make money. Not a religion or political party. They’re not abusing anyone, they’re not defrauding anyone or failing to represent the interests and rights of citizens or threatening anybody’s livliehoods.

They’re just not making the toys and stories that some people want them to make fast enough for their liking. That’s literally all this is about.  

To which I would say again: manage your expectations. Expect GW to act in their own interests rather than yours. That’s what I do and I’m never disappointed by these things. At some point their commercial interests and my hobby tastes will align and it will work out for both of us. Up to that point there’s the rest of the other GW stuff I already like/ life to keep me occupied.  

If GW were making a big thing of Slaves and making it seem as though they were coming soon and to be expectant about it that’s a completely different issue. But they haven’t/aren’t, so.

Edited by Nos
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, Austin said:

you were denying the price increases as fakes while they were literally taking place.

I was thinking they're fake and tried to be sceptical. They weren't confirmed when I was writing that. And I said "if not this year, then next year" as Jes Bickham said in the Stormcast podcast that all armies will get support for 2.0 till the end of 2020. So there's really no proof that they will not come. Patience. Some people waited for plastic Keeper of Secrets for much longer.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Nos said:

I don’t think anyone has a right to be frustrated about any of it. GW are a company out to make money. Not a religion or political party. They’re not abusing anyone, they’re not defrauding anyone or failing to represent the interests and rights of citizens or threatening anybody’s livliehoods.

They’re just not making the toys and stories that some people want them to make fast enough for their liking. That’s literally all this is about.  

To which I would say again: manage your expectations. Expect GW to act in their own interests rather than yours. That’s what I do and I’m never disappointed by these things. At some point their commercial interests and my hobby tastes will align and it will work out for both of us. Up to that point there’s the rest of the other GW stuff I already like/ life to keep me occupied.  

You are right about almost everything. And I say almost cause everyone has the right to be frustrated if things don’t go their way. They don’t have the right to dictate anyone how they run their business, but they have the right to feel frustrated and/or vent.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Nos said:

Or you could manage your own expectations like an adult?  You’re not owed an imminent Chaos book. People on here speculate, sometimes with good evidence, other times with none what so ever. It’s up to the individual to parse what’s likely/credible and what isn’t. 

Keep your chaos, sell your chaos, join a church, whatever. This isn’t a forum for announcing your life choices.

For someone who freaked out in this same thread for being "demeaned" this is a bit out of line.

I have to add my vote to those who believe this thread (oh so far from rumours now) should be very light on therapy for ppl who are waiting oh so patiently for new toys but more about:

-Hilarious wishlist fulfilment based on the word "bone"

-Pie in the sky new faction guesses based on silhouettes

-Salacious fabrication from nothingburgers (thank you, you forgotten two who steered the convo this way many pages back - I'm catching up after some hiking) 

-If and only if none of the above can be posted, actual rumours. 

People, this thread is one of the most entertaining urls on the net because it is like asking a group of 4 year olds to guess who will win the eurovision song contest. 

It's gold! Rejoice! But don't be too sad or it spoils the atmosphere 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Right, can I please ask you all to calm down. I get some of you are disappointed with the reveals at the open day but there is no need to to treat each other badly because you have different views. 

+++ Mod Hat Off +++

Personally, I liked the reveals as it’s pretty much all the core races (apart from Seraphon) with books now. This is great as almost everybody has a proper book now which means GW can move into doing new stuff. 😉 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Well, that website is actually quite popular among 40k orks player, not well known among aos players is reasonable.

So, instead of asking them to delete the pictures, GW just deleted this whole "quite popular" website and completely erased all evidence of its existence.  Sounds convincing...

47 minutes ago, Austin said:

For someone who freaked out in this same thread for being "demeaned" this is a bit out of line.

I said I felt as though I were being demeaned, which I did. I didn’t” freak out” and I didn’t threaten to sell my model collection. 

If I start hounding the poster, digging up old posts and badgering the poster repeatedly about their opinion, which was the reason I felt demeaned, not the mere act of someone disagreeing with me, I would suggest they also would feel right to feel demeaned.

Haven't done that though.

56 minutes ago, Lernaean said:

You are right about almost everything. And I say almost cause everyone has the right to be frustrated if things don’t go their way. They don’t have the right to dictate anyone how they run their business, but they have the right to feel frustrated and/or vent.

No you’re right, I apologise there. People have the right to feel frustrated about anything I suppose. But the act of frustration does not vindicate the reason for being frustrated I guess is what I was trying to say.

Edited by Nos

I hate to derail again but I'm so confused how the STD guy is complaining... Didn't Games Workshop just release 8 new warscrolls for Slaves to Darkness along with around 50 new models for the Slaves to Darkness range? Most of which are outstanding? 

Edited by Carnelian
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

I must have missed that.

Where can i read that GW said: Yes, the StD Battletome is ready to go and just a question of time

Let's look at it like this. How many people predicted Empire models would be squat'ed months into AoS because they, in their view, "didn't fit the style of AoS?" But now they're getting a whole new tome. The absolutely ancient Marauder box received a reboxing which is usually a good sign and Everchosen/StD are a combined force on the website. GW have been moving away from these smaller, handful-of-unit Battletomes for a while now, so there's absolutely no way Everchosen with it's literal three units isn't going to get merged... which they've all but signalled by the website. Archaon isn't on the chopping block now is he?

I get your frustration, I do. I think it's absolutely reasonable that your patience would start getting tested after this long of waiting and wondering if your chaps are on the chopping block. Unfortunately, somebody has to  come last in the release lineup. I play Genestealer Cults in 40k (alongaide my Guard), so you can well imagine how impressed I was at getting a codex right at the end of the queue. All the signs point to, at worst, a new force that's very, very similar to StD or more likely, a merged Everchosen book. As I said, unfortunately, somebody has to come last and that happens to be the army you're collecting. If it wasn't you in this position it would be a Mawtribes  player.

c31r6nd.png

I'd like to thank my parents, my Warden model for being there for me when much of my army was squat'ed (no pun intended), GW for being so vague as to allow speculation to abuse, those who sent me love hearts and trophies, the people who didn't like Cities of Sigmar so I could write positive things and inevitably receive a load of Likes from it, you're all truly wonderful.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Let's look at it like this. How many people predicted Empire models would be squat'ed months into AoS because they, in their view, "didn't fit the style of AoS?" But now they're getting a whole new tome. The absolutely ancient Marauder box received a reboxing which is usually a good sign and Everchosen/StD are a combined force on the website. GW have been moving away from these smaller, handful-of-unit Battletomes for a while now, so there's absolutely no way Everchosen with it's literal three units isn't going to get merged... which they've all but signalled by the website. Archaon isn't on the chopping block now is he?

I get your frustration, I do. I think it's absolutely reasonable that your patience would start getting tested after this long of waiting and wondering if your chaps are on the chopping block. Unfortunately, somebody has to  come last in the release lineup. I play Genestealer Cults in 40k (alongaide my Guard), so you can well imagine how impressed I was at getting a codex right at the end of the queue. All the signs point to, at worst, a new force that's very, very similar to StD or more likely, a merged Everchosen book. As I said, unfortunately, somebody has to come last and that happens to be the army you're collecting. If it wasn't you in this position it would be a Mawtribes  player.

c31r6nd.png

I'd like to thank my parents, my Warden model for being there for me when much of my army was squat'ed (no pun intended), GW for being so vague as to allow speculation to abuse, those who sent me love hearts and trophies, the people who didn't like Cities of Sigmar so I could write positive things and inevitably receive a load of Likes from it, you're all truly wonderful.

GSC wait was big time worth it in the end.  I have a massive project of those dudes I've been prepping.  Time to assemble 150 models.....

ALSO we are all forgetting about the biggest tragedy so far.  No new Sauruses (Sauri?) or any other new Seraphon plastics PLUS that battletome is lost somewhere.