The Rumour Thread

My goodness - this warband captures the post apocalyptic horror of the Age of Chaos amazingly well. Imagine these abominations facing off against the Stormcast, how awesome would that look. That champion is probably the most Blanchian model ever released - awesome work GW.

Edited by Greyshadow
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JackdawGin said:

100% it will be Hysh.  There's a dichotomy to all the warbands announced so far where each one is the opposite of another, Hysh will be last as the opposite of Ulgu.

Iron Golems/Untamed Beasts (Metal/Beasts, Chamon/Ghur)

Splintered Fang/Unmade (Life/Death, Ghyran/Shyish)

Corvus Cabal / ??? (Shadow/Light, Ulgu/Hysh)

You know now that you mention it it kind of makes the start kit matchup seem off. True, you have the metal vs flesh but they’re both warbands of big burly dudes. Matching up one or the other with the Crow Boys or the Unmade would be an interesting contrast between that big burly look and a very different spindly sort of aesthetic.

• Like 1

I honestly don't think the last warband will be Hysh.  In Looncurse the Sylvaneth have a "partially ajar door" into the realm and literally bath in the light of Hysh to receive its blessings of enlightenment.  I am not sure the Dark Gods have much or any foothold in that domain anymore (if they ever did).

Aqshy on the other hand roils the blood and temperament hence why Khorne found such purchase there.

Now that I posted this it will most definitely be the opposite but that is my feeling at the moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Travis Baumann said:

honestly don't think the last warband will be Hysh.  In Looncurse the Sylvaneth have a "partially ajar door" into the realm and literally bath in the light of Hysh to receive its blessings of enlightenment.  I am not sure the Dark Gods have much or any foothold in that domain anymore (if they ever did).

Hysh is also the realm symmetry, light, enlightenment and (forbidden) knowledge. Seems like a fertile ground for corruption to me and a great opposite to chaos. I expect it to be fully overrun by chaos but the release of the Light elves being the tipping point into orders favour. 

4 hours ago, Travis Baumann said:

I honestly don't think the last warband will be Hysh.  In Looncurse the Sylvaneth have a "partially ajar door" into the realm and literally bath in the light of Hysh to receive its blessings of enlightenment.  I am not sure the Dark Gods have much or any foothold in that domain anymore (if they ever did).

Aqshy on the other hand roils the blood and temperament hence why Khorne found such purchase there.

Now that I posted this it will most definitely be the opposite but that is my feeling at the moment.

I believe in the Core Rulebook the section on Hysh mentions there were a lot a a lot of leaders, wizards and scholars that basically kept trying to out do each other, building their towers and pillars higher and becoming more arrogant, prideful and jealous over time until it became more like an addiction than what it originally was. Which eventually drew the forces of Slaanesh to them destroying their paradise so there definitely was Chaos in Hysh at some point.

Other than the models (which I actually like in a cheesy way) there's one thing bothering me. The fluff.  Warhammer community tells us they were wise philosopher kings (sounds nice) and then destroys that by telling us they had an unnecessary and tragic downfall. Don't call it unnecessary. I want to know more than just they had to give in to chaos because death came knocking on their door (literally). I think the short form of the article doesn't give the potential of the story justice, I hope it gets expanded. Intrigues me far more than "those guys tame beasts" and "those guys make weapons. They want to be the very best in it, like no one ever was"...

9 hours ago, Kronos said:

So two champs on stilts, I’d pay to see that as a UFC event. 

Loving pretty much everything about this Warband, the look style, and grittiness of it. “Wearing their oen faces as belts” may be on the sungle most metal things I’ve read in Warhammer. I am suprised though by the lack of mutations across all the groups,  no tenctacles, a claw, or twinned head on any of the Warbands.

If I had to guess why there are so few mutations, is because they are often considered "gifts" and these tribes are all trying to gain favor with Archeon and the gods. Maybe whoever wins will get a few tentacles as a prize 

Edited by Shearl
Can't spell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Sete said:

I just want darkoath and varanguard on foot. Its not asking much is it?

Yes, apparently ;) 

On that note varanguard in foot sounds awesome. But even in tournaments between different varanguard circles they are mounted (scourge of fate)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Shearl said:

If I had to guess why there are so few mutations, is because they are often considered "gifts" and these tribes are all trying to gain favor with Archeon and the gods. Maybe whoever wins will get a few tentacles as a prize 

It could be that the way the warbands are portrayed is their beginning state and getting some "gifts" is part of the levelling system in the game? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fuxxx said:

Other than the models (which I actually like in a cheesy way) there's one thing bothering me. The fluff.  Warhammer community tells us they were wise philosopher kings (sounds nice) and then destroys that by telling us they had an unnecessary and tragic downfall. Don't call it unnecessary. I want to know more than just they had to give in to chaos because death came knocking on their door (literally). I think the short form of the article doesn't give the potential of the story justice, I hope it gets expanded. Intrigues me far more than "those guys tame beasts" and "those guys make weapons. They want to be the very best in it, like no one ever was"...

I'd chalk it up to GW pulling a "if you want to know more buy the rulebook when it's out", I'm really hoping there's a good chunk of lore in there for each of these factions and the setting.

4 hours ago, Shearl said:

That seems fair, and actually even Marauder types usually don’t have such gifts yet either, still I’m a man of mutations so hopefully we see some in the future.

I'm confused on how the woods work now with these keywords. An Awakened Wildwood is 3-6 Citadel Woods (does that include the old Citadel Woods?), but they also say the Old Citadel Woods count as 1 Awakened Wildwood terrain feature. So...are you setting up 3-6 Old Citadel Woods, or 1 Old Citadel Woods? And if you're only setting up 1 Old Citadel Woods, wouldn't that be a big disadvantage since you could set up 6 New Citadel Woods over a larger area?

On 7/4/2019 at 3:54 AM, Naem said:

You are right but that is not a bad thing. If you look at the graph of the GW shares they almost flat lined for a looong period of time until 2017. If it went on like that chances are our beloved game would have died. So I guess the bottom line is: there is no free cake. If you want awesome minis and good lore and a lot of support for rules etc someone has to pay the bills.  And lets be honest, yes its not cheap. But its not like "I have to sell my kidney" kind of expensive. If you spend like a hundred Euros (or Dollars, I am not familiar with the prices of Minis in the US) you get a ton of stuff to paint and can afterwards play with the minis forever. I got my SCE (3000 P atm) for less then 300 € via Forums and ebay and I will need probably the rest of the year to finish painting them. Add like 200 € for paints and supplies and you have a spending of 500 Euros for at least a year of hobby.  That's not to bad. 

you buying secondhand doesn't give GW money? And most models still need to be painted, which all of those tools and pots can definitely add up.

sure it's not a cheap hobby, and few are, but telling people to "just buy secondhand" is basically asking for Warhammer stores to close. That isn't sustainable

8 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I'm confused on how the woods work now with these keywords. An Awakened Wildwood is 3-6 Citadel Woods (does that include the old Citadel Woods?), but they also say the Old Citadel Woods count as 1 Awakened Wildwood terrain feature. So...are you setting up 3-6 Old Citadel Woods, or 1 Old Citadel Woods? And if you're only setting up 1 Old Citadel Woods, wouldn't that be a big disadvantage since you could set up 6 New Citadel Woods over a larger area?

1 Awakened Wildwood is made up of 3-6 of the new models, this doesn't include the old woods. The new wood models have, individually, a much smaller footprint but have been designed to be linked together to create a larger 'model' that's easier to actually use.

Alternatively you can use 1 of the old large models as 1 Awakened Wildwood. Seems pretty clear really. Yes a 6 model wood might have a slight larger footprint than the old model but that's the price you pay for getting to carry on using your old models (and they'll have had to buy two kits).

And yes people will try and game the system because they're awful, so expect lots of moaning and probably some cheating and then after a bit the old woods will be banned from use and that's why we can't have nice things.

Edited by JPjr
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, awcamawn said:

Why do you assume we must be getting hysh aelves? Really hoping for a Wanderers update.

ah mostly because that's what has been mentioned for the past couple pages, but that might be my brain stuck in Warcry... Wanderers would be cool, but I think GW would do something with Hysh (Teclis or Tyrion) before Wanderers. Sylvaneth already cover the tree vibe, and we still have yet to see the twins or Malerion