The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, michu said:

The DoK version shows as having been updated, but the links (the links you posted and the ones on the errata site)  are to the old version with no changes. Weird.

9 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

The DoK version shows as having been updated, but the links (the links you posted and the ones on the errata site)  are to the old version with no changes. Weird.

Yeah I made some mistake, commentary is old but here is new errata https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/age_of_sigmar_daughters_of_khaine_errata_en.pdf (basically you can't stack Morathi CA)

55 minutes ago, michu said:

Nope, not for me. Still no Skaven in english.

But @Skreech Verminking rejoice as Stormvermins are no longer 500 pts for max unit... just 450.

Mathematically Stormvermin are actually pretty solid at 450. Whether such an expensive unit is a good idea in the competitive meta is another question, but in anything but the hardest competition I think a big block of Stormvermin will be a unit to be feared.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Infeston said:

Also another Sylvaneth Preview: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/07/08/battletome-preview-sylvanethgw-homepage-post-1/ 

Also Slvaneth spell lore now includes a spell where you can rezz 1 slain Sylvaneth unit or D3 Tree-Revenants, Spite-Revenants or Dryads.

I think that all  (or almost all) sylvaneth players already know that, because whole book leaked long ago.

• Like 2

You guys think the Black Oak might be a new model? We also have whatever was released from Lake Lethis roaming around. I'm wondering if there'll be a second wave of Forbidden Power releases centering around powerful, faction-specific vault characters.

4 hours ago, Mutton said:

You guys think the Black Oak might be a new model? We also have whatever was released from Lake Lethis roaming around. I'm wondering if there'll be a second wave of Forbidden Power releases centering around powerful, faction-specific vault characters.

I know it is a new nurgle named character because nurgle needs more named characters... :)

On 7/7/2019 at 10:08 PM, Kaleb Daark said:

A bit late to the party i know but there a price hikes taking effect this week coming and possibly as early as tomorrow.

if you’re after a big centrepiece id buy now rather than later, greater daemons being a case in point.

Oh forgot about that and my Google fu fails me. Anywhere I can find a summary of what’s going up? 

12 hours ago, Turragor said:

I know it is a new nurgle named character because nurgle needs more named characters... :)

A Nurgle corrupted/blessed Tree Ancient would be my guess, looking like a twisted cross between a treelord and a gnarlmaw. Whatever the Black Oak is it sounds pretty interesting though even if it isn't made into a model. 

Another Rumour Engine.

RumourEngine-Jul9-Image2ooc.jpg

Given the design of the crowns, this is clearly an AoS one. I'm thinking Slaves to Darkness/Everchosen due to the specific theme of noble heads being taken, as well as the hook aesthetic fitting Chaos more than say... Soulblight. Ogres are a possibility, but I don't think they'd be picky on who they take and 'save' heads from, noble or peasant. 

• Like 8

All warbands are chaos related in this phase, the other 9 don’t have new models (for now).

It is a quite weird way to hang heads isn’t it? I mean they should fall pretty soon from the hook because of deterioration. I vote for less than intelligent Ogors lol

Ogors do like their meathooks, so it's a possibility. Could very well be Chaos as well though.

I lean Ogors on this one, just because that hook design is exactly the same as several Ogor units have currently.

Edited by madmac

55 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Another Rumour Engine.

Given the design of the crowns, this is clearly an AoS one. I'm thinking Slaves to Darkness/Everchosen due to the specific theme of noble heads being taken, as well as the hook aesthetic fitting Chaos more than say... Soulblight. Ogres are a possibility, but I don't think they'd be picky on who they take and 'save' heads from, noble or peasant. 

I'm guessing a warcry warband.

This feels like Darkoath. Killing the kings of the weak lands and keeping their heads as a barbaric trophy is their jam. Most Destruction factions probably wouldn't care quite as much. Certainly any new ogres would have something a bit meatier and more obviously part of their larder.

Warcry is a possibility but having the heads of multiple monarchs and then leading a warband of less than a dozen dudes feels a bit incongruous.  Unless it's a Varanguard adjudicator of some kind?

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Probably Chaos related but alternatively...

Noses rotted away, cheeks hollowed out, eye sockets like pits of despair but also the eyes and mouths give a sense of animus and never ending horror...

These heads are still 'alive' in death, the rotting remains of proud princes of Shyish who refused to bend the knee and now hang from a totem/standard/chariot/cart belonging to the Deadwalker legions, cursed to cry fell warnings and morbid prophecies to the enemies of the Great Necromancer until crows finally eat their traitorous tongues and peck their eyeballs from their rotting skulls.

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 11
  • LOVE IT! 2