The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

Well Tyrion and Teclis did have models before. 

Honestly the full gods on the table is a bit odd when one considers how much power they are supposed to have. Morathi isn't so bad as she's only a demigod; but having Nagash on the table? He should be waving a boney finger and the whole enemy force just vanishing to nothing (at least based on lore)

I’m with you, also Teclis and Tyrion were mortals when they got miniatures...

Yeah personally I'd be fairly surprised if Tyrion or Teclis got models*, I've no doubt the design team could do something spectacular but I feel like they're edging away from those god-tier characters and with good reason, awesome as they are it does raise lots of problems fluff wise. Nagash was from the End Times wasn't he so it's only really Alarielle that has been released in AoS times right?

Oh, maybe Archaon too, oh damn, I've forgot Morathi, ok so... this argument is falling to pieces but definitely feels like now the game is more established they don't need new factions to feature their big dogs/gods, or whatever, too. Personally I'd be very down for them subtly changing Nagash's warscroll to something like 'Avatar of the Undying King', otherwise as others have pointed out he really should be able to just one shot at least 90% of an entire army and then Night King the deceased to finish off those left.

BUT!.. Even if models do get produced for them I certainly can't see them splitting the twins into separate factions either. Just how many Aelf armies do you want? I mean whilst probably unlikely I wouldn't even be that surprised is DoK got subsumed into a bigger Dark Aelf faction when that's eventually launched, with DoK being a sub-faction of it or at least incorporated somehow.

At a push perhaps to go with the narrative leaning campaign they're about to run I could see them releasing some rules for something like a 'TeclisIlluminated of Hysh' army in the GHB, kind of like the 'Legion of Grief' gets a couple of pages and rules in the Forbidden Power book.

Or of course the alternative if a little bit more involved something like the Tome Celestial feature or Index Astartes features in White Dwarf, just some new rules and abilities that groups together a selection of extant models. The Ynnari one in the new issue does a pretty solid job, with a similar amalgamating disparate existing factions under one banner scenario, so something like that could work well. 

That could maybe just about tide people over until they've got this year's big Battletome push done, launched Warcry and they're ready to do a proper big release next year peut-etre (narratively tied to Slaanesh's release I assume). But who know, I'm probably very wrong about all of this.

* Chances of GW announcing new Teclis & Tyrion models this very afternoon are probably astronomically high now if anyone does fancy a flutter.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Honestly the full gods on the table is a bit odd when one considers how much power they are supposed to have. Morathi isn't so bad as she's only a demigod; but having Nagash on the table? He should be waving a boney finger and the whole enemy force just vanishing to nothing (at least based on lore)

This part is pretty well explained in Josh Reynolds' novels, at least for Nagash. The miniature you see on the tabletop is not Nagash, at least not the god. It's more like a shard of Nagash, enforcing his will on this particular battlefield ;)

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Ghark said:

This part is pretty well explained in Josh Reynolds' novels, at least for Nagash. The miniature you see on the tabletop is not Nagash, at least not the god. It's more like a shard of Nagash, enforcing his will on this particular battlefield ;)

That is actually true for all gods - Sigmar and Alarielle also use small shards of themselves to manifest in the Mortal Realms. Sometimes those shards looks a little bit different, because of specific beliefs e.g. people from the Crawling city think that Sigmar (or Sahg'mahr) is a giant worm with human head.

Edited by michu

After seeing several reviews it seems like the Stormvault campaign‘s new Order Allegiance (Lethisian Defenders) requires Stormcast, Idoneth, Fyreslayers, Kharadron or an excelsior Warpriest.

Before knowing that I thought that „duardin“ in general could be taken which is not the case.... that looks like a huge oversight since Dispossessed appear to be the perfect fit for the Allegiance Abilities which focus around defense and priests 😕

What a wasted opportunity 😭

*shelfing my heavily armoured beardlings again*

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Sad 3

16 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

After seeing several reviews it seems like the Stormvault campaign‘s new Order Allegiance (Lethisian Defenders) requires Stormcast, Idoneth, Fyreslayers, Kharadron or an excelsior Warpriest.

Before knowing that I thought that „duardin“ in general could be taken which is not the case.... that looks like a huge oversight since Dispossessed appear to be the perfect fit for the Allegiance Abilities which focus around defense and priests 😕

What a wasted opportunity 😭

*shelfing my heavily armoured beardlings again*

Just wait till the Kharadrons and Fyreslayers get overrun by verminlike creature (skaven, Gloomspite Gitz), then we need some good old stubborn duardins that follow only their ancestral grudges.

(really, really want to see those guys back, playing against stormcast, Dok, DP and Nurgle all the time sometimes can sour your mood.)

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Before knowing that I thought that „duardin“ in general could be taken which is not the case.... that looks like a huge oversight since Dispossessed appear to be the perfect fit for the Allegiance Abilities which focus around defense and priests

If you put Dispossessed on the walls of the city how can you expect to have a narrative? The city is going to hold. End of the campaign.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 12
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just now, xking said:

I heard that the warhammer underworlds video game  is getting troll bombed on the steam forums.   If this is true, then some people need to grow up and get a life.

I'm not surprised. Some people react like that to anything with GW logo (and it's being AoS game makes it even worse).

8 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

the heck, the game looks awesome afaict. Seems to be a 1to1 Shadespire to PC Game conversion which rocks! (finally palying with my friends which live 200+ km away)

The game is not the problem. The setting is not the problem too.

Heck, even the company/platform is not the problem here.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

entitled nerds always gonna be entitled nerds unfortunately. let's just offer up a prayer to the gods that GW launched Age of Sigmar in the blessed days before the world's worst people discovered that with just a couple of clicks they could create online petitions to register their outrage that whatever corner of popular culture they believe they own doesn't 100% conform to their basic, lifted from TV tropes, or whatever, views.

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

It is strange that we have nothing announced yet for next preorder. Usually, it is a sunday post. Yet nothing.

20 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

This weeks pre-order is going to be just the Blood Bowl stuff and a few books. 

I know that apparently at Warhammer Fest GW said that only the Sylvaneth release was impacted by shipping issues, but that seems very unlikely? I guess we will find out come June if more books and such don't show up on the release list.

Something like Warcry seems very safe since they are making it in the UK, but if codices and battletomes keep getting held up it could be an interesting spring/summer. 

1 minute ago, Austin said:

I know that apparently at Warhammer Fest GW said that only the Sylvaneth release was impacted by shipping issues, but that seems very unlikely?

I'm not sure why they would lie about that when being honest and setting realistic expectations would only benefit them in the long run.

9 minutes ago, ElectricPaladin said:

I'm not sure why they would lie about that when being honest and setting realistic expectations would only benefit them in the long run.

No I don't mean that someone has to be lying.  I just think there could be a) more context or b) simple misunderstanding of the statement.

• Like 1