The Rumour Thread

My guess (based on a comment from the owner of my lgs) is that it's AoS Kill Team, leading me to believe that the initial chaos warbands are like Kill Team faction starters, not necessarily indicative of a single unit, or even linked to the minimum and maximum sizes of their respective warscrolls. 

14 minutes ago, Kaylethia said:

My guess (based on a comment from the owner of my lgs) is that it's AoS Kill Team, leading me to believe that the initial chaos warbands are like Kill Team faction starters, not necessarily indicative of a single unit, or even linked to the minimum and maximum sizes of their respective warscrolls. 

The kill team starters are just existing unit boxes repacked with some terrain and stuff, so they are linked to the unit sizes. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

+++ MOD HAT ON +++

Very annoyed that I have had to hide some posts around global politics. This is not the forum to discuss such things.

Keep it to Age of Sigmar

Where can we talk about it then because its DIRECTLY AFFECTING age of sigmar.  Sylvaneth was the first Battletome halted by it but since all the "Tome, dice, scenery, endless spell" stuff which is what has made up 4 faction releases so far (and theoretically another 3) is made in China it will still be effecting it.

12 minutes ago, Jetengine said:

Where can we talk about it then because its DIRECTLY AFFECTING age of sigmar.  Sylvaneth was the first Battletome halted by it but since all the "Tome, dice, scenery, endless spell" stuff which is what has made up 4 faction releases so far (and theoretically another 3) is made in China it will still be effecting it.

On another forum. This is for Age of Sigmar discussion and an escape or allow people to enjoy their hobby. Lots of things can and do directly effect the game and Games Workshop. This is not the forum to discuss them.

• Like 9

Adding to Gaz' Point of TGA not being a place for political discussions i would just like to note that it is very very unlikely that some of these geopolitical issues have something to do with the delay of the Sylvaneth BT, it is way more likely that the supplier just used the wrong tax identification number or some very "standard" thing occured to this special shipping. But these things happen in global supply chains thousands of times every day, it is just very unlucky for us waiting desperately for new tree stuff.  ;)

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Jetengine said:

+++ MOD HAT +++

In short, not here.  Unless something has come out that I'm not aware of, all we know about the Sylvaneth release was it was delayed.  For all we know, the shipping container may have been boarded by pirates or run aground.

For all our sanity, let's keep TGA focused on a world of fantasy 🧙‍♂️

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, CommodoreCass said:

As Sylvaneth, FeC and Fyreslayers didnt get any New units, its very unlikely that Ironjawz will get some. They need some love but it will be Hero, Endless Spells and dices IMHO.

Hm, after a Hero is a unit too (with one model), Sylvateth at least get the Arch Revenant and in case of Flesh-Eater Courts the Abhorrant Archregent was new. So basicly both get a new unit (that is not availlable at the moment, because the box set is sold out)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Aryann said:

This is one way to fix things. The better one however would be to simply add 2-3 units to both Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz. That would help with army building options and remaining unique themes for those armies. Simple as that. Don't tell me I'm expecting too much. If GW can release Stormcasts every year or a dozen of Warcry warbands then it can easily create just a few more models for existing factions. 

The third option is to do both - unify them and add new units. That way folks could still build them either way or mix. For example one could build a horde of cheaper savage, use savage shamans (which look better IMHO), and back them up with iron bosses and elites.

They could probably easily do another maw crusha variant with a savage on it.  Completely new units would be nice though, of course. 

Edited by ChaosLord
  • Like 1

so we are looking at atleast 4 more tomes, with up to 11 more but most likely 5-7 tomes this year.

Hysh aelves were teased in Slaanesh and the forbidden powers, they seem likely. however shadow aelves were teased fro awhile in many stories and the blades of khorne tome so they in theory should come out first, but who knows. one or both are likely

KO are also likely as they both need it and they got their underworlds team which seems to be an indicator. I would infact say they are next with a potential aelf tome after them.

seraphon could also come...

lastly for order there are the rumors free people are haveing their tome written but i think they will only come next year, i would be happy to be wrong tho.

so 1-5 tomes I would say KO, 1 aelf and seraphon this year, next year the other aelf plus freepeoples

for death: death rattle, soulblight or a new faction all seem likely. personally, i think its between an idoneth type release of death (flying undead pirates?) or its soul blight

1-3 tomes, i would like soulblight the most, but completely new seems more likely to me

for destruction: oruks will likely get a tome (a soup tome seems most likely), and a ogre tome also seems to be likely, plus the flying grots (forgot the name) that KO fight (this could be a cool release to have at about the same time as KO)

i would expect atleast oruks and ogres so 2-3 tomes

for chaos: STD/everchosen are quite likely, aswell as Tzeench? and chaos dwarves? nurgle?

1-4  with STD most likely

if we get aelf (few to many new)+KO(most likely just heroes + spells)+seraphon(?)+'new death'(a few to many new)+oruk(heroes plus spells)+ogre(?)+STD( a few new), we get to 7 tomes and atleast 1 of each GA

(note: lions are just an aesthetic look i dislike)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Turin Turambar said:

for chaos: STD/everchosen are quite likely, aswell as Tzeench? and chaos dwarves? nurgle?

The Nurgle tome was 2.0 ready so we can probably strike that from the list, although they might revisit it later to add some endless spells and a character but as far as I know they're in an alright place at the moment. Actual plastic Chaos Dwarves would be amazing but I don't see it coming any time soon if ever, but I would be seriously tempted to spend ridiculous amount of money on them if they did. STD/Everchosen (I've got a feeling Darkoath is going to be the new name for the combined factions but who knows) and Tzeentch are the best bet.

Edited by Dirtnaps
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

unfortunately, and as sad as it is for those armies, i think at this point its safe to assume that any army with an existing battletome that gets updated (Seraphon, Kharadron, Tzeentch, Ironjawz etc) will only get the Endless Spells + Terrain (maybe a Hero model) release.

Which is great already!

well come to think of it games workshop might be readying age of aelves on next year as this is the third faction of aelves introduced we have the common dark and light aelves and newly introduced death elves with mortarch of their own. if you think for a sec storm vault or two can hold an army of death gods for sigmars ow sh*t moment where all hope is lost and voila completely new army rides to battle to reinforce storm boys lead by long lost dead god of some people. and come to think of it good old siggy needs to learn soul magic from someone other than bone daddy nagash and mortharti not gonna teach the secrets she uses either. so we have stashed dead gods in somewhere in the 8 realms.

22 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Which is great already!

im not sure why you would think that is great. everyone needs to put their bias aside in regards to armies having a 2nd tome whiles others dont even have 1.

a lot of these updated tomes really needed new models/units added to them. Fyreslayers, Flesh-Eater Courts, Sylvaneth, Kharadron Overlords, Ironjawz all suffer from not having enough variety. these spells+terrain releases arent a good thing if they prevent the tomes who really need new stuff from getting it

• Like 2

Nurgle, Daughters of Khaine and Idoneth at least need Endless Spells (Nurgle and Idoneth technically have terrain, but might see another if GW does a general update); however the rules for those can just be put in the box with the model and online; they don't need to revise the actual Battletomes for them.

I'm actually surprised that those armies have not had a quick one week release tacked on beside another Battletome release. It wouldn't steal the thunder and it would update them to full 2.0 features. 

24 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:
51 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Which is great already!

im not sure why you would think that is great. everyone needs to put their bias aside in regards to armies having a 2nd tome whiles others dont even have 1.

a lot of these updated tomes really needed new models/units added to them. Fyreslayers, Flesh-Eater Courts, Sylvaneth, Kharadron Overlords, Ironjawz all suffer from not having enough variety. these spells+terrain releases arent a good thing if they prevent the tomes who really need new stuff from getting it

Don't make the confusion between "need" and "whish". Some battletome have few entries. And that's what we got. Ironjaws, KO, FEC etc.... Period.

And even with few entries, GW was able to make an old battletome to a new 2.0 one GREAT AGAIN. Lets see FEC. It was weak recently. By just adding 2.0 BT, a decor ad ES and just ONE new mini (arch regent), the army became GREAT with severel ways of playing it, with new opportunities. BTW, they are now top players! Same for Skaven.

That is why I say "Which is great already!" .

Of course, if we got more entries, more units, I'd be the happiest general, but lets be realist: if  for example KO just got the same treatment, it just become amazing. Imagine an efficient fleet of flying boats, some nasty kinda bombs (ES) or winds (ED) , it'd be superb on the battlefield and super enjoyable.

• Like 2

I'm sure GW would love to add a halfdozen kits (some single some duel) to armies like Fyreslayers to boost their range and profit per-customer and the attraction of the army. Sadly GW has limited production and is already at their limit pretty much. We might see a jump when their new factory comes online; but otherwise some smaller armies might have to wait longer to get a more wider spread update.

Another thing which can spark an update is new mechanic unit types. Eg 40K added knight sized titans and dedicated air units into the game which fleshed out a need for new unit types of those kind and also for some counter-units to add. These were added to many of the factions and most now have access to a dedicated flying unit (or more) and many have a knight equivalent (although some are limited to FW offerings for those). 

Speaking of which, my tinfoilhatting for the next itération of AoS:

- setting will be Ghur

- grand alliance main opponent will be Destruction (After Chaos and Death)

- New mechanics / battleplans with behemoths let loose on the battlefield (escaped from Stormvaults)

#YouReadItHereFirst

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, MitGas said:

The Shards feel great vs CC armies (Nurgle in particular) while all the other spells feel like they were made for slow ol' Nurgle! :D

Think of all this first turn charge army’s like fec, Dok, Boc etc.

combine the new spell with Warplightning vortex, Warpgale, Dreaded Warpgale and shackles and you can be assured that your enemy won’t be able to move more then 2inches

• LOVE IT! 1

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/15/forbidden-power-preview-the-endless-spellsgw-homepage-post-1/

Interesting to note that the Soulscream bridge only affects friendly units according to its warscroll. 

As its not a predatory Endless Spell it doesn't have the chance to swap ownership each turn and its ability to move units only applies to "friendly units". So that actually goes against what the community description says and might be an oversight in design! In addition the placement of units at the other end states that your models must not be within 9 inches of an enemy unit nor can the unit make a normal move that turn.

Shards of Valagharr is also neat, whilst its really quite powerful in sapping movement and to hit rolls, that either player can end up moving one of the end points (and thus moving the line that it affects) can potentially make it a spell which could backfire on you! 

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/15/forbidden-power-preview-the-endless-spellsgw-homepage-post-1/

Interesting to note that the Soulscream bridge only affects friendly units according to its warscroll. 

As its not a predatory Endless Spell it doesn't have the chance to swap ownership each turn and its ability to move units only applies to "friendly units". So that actually goes against what the community description says and might be an oversight in design! In addition the placement of units at the other end states that your models must not be within 9 inches of an enemy unit nor can the unit make a normal move that turn.

Shards of Valagharr is also neat, whilst its really quite powerful in sapping movement and to hit rolls, that either player can end up moving one of the end points (and thus moving the line that it affects) can potentially make it a spell which could backfire on you! 

A rat can dream🤗

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

Endless spells don't "swap ownership", they are treated as friendly models to all players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1