The Rumour Thread

Stormcast have really been hurting for hero choices. No doubt he'll have an inspired name like Relictor-Celestant. I guess this is what it feels like being a non-SM 40k player.

That Primarch model looks good to me for the most part. I don't care for the eye horns or the nipple horns (easily skipped) but otherwise it looks like a very solid kit.

2 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Nice to see the much alluded to Steamhead Duardin release finally approaching us. The above image is obviously a metal dwarf with a long cloak riding up on his jetpack. ;) 

My money's on Sacrosanct or Ruination Chambers. Though a names Stormcast special character or two would be cool.

I always thought ruination would be warmachines (thinking theyd flesh out stormcast) but it could be wizardy stuff, sacrosanct (where I thought wizardy priests would be) could be wholly devoted to monkery or priestery then.

Leaving just Auxillary.

Man stormcast have a lot of depth to come.

I might not even leave them ever, other than a side project army (still to be decided)

• Like 2

Just now, Turragor said:

I always thought ruination would be warmachines (thinking theyd flesh out stormcast) but it could be wizardy stuff, sacrosanct (where I thought wizardy priests would be) could be wholly devoted to monkery or priestery then.

Leaving just Auxillary.

Man stormcast have a lot of depth to come.

I might not even leave them ever, other than a side project army (still to be decided)

Yep, guessing Sacrosanct is the mystical types, just hedging my bets suggesting ruination. ;) 

Assuming Sacrosanct is wizards and Ruination is cannons, it sure would be neat to see a few aelf and duardin Stormcast in the appropriate chambers.

Just now, Double Misfire said:

Yep, guessing Sacrosanct is the mystical types, just hedging my bets suggesting ruination. ;) 

Assuming Sacrosanct is wizards and Ruination is cannons, it sure would be neat to see a few aelf and duardin Stormcast in the appropriate chambers.

They are all going to be big golden idiots but Ive grown to love them now.

Tbh if they release a dwarf scaled like a regular stormcast is to a human and armoured like a stormcast (basically a stumpy stormcast), ppl will lose their ****** thinking of proxying them as all sorts and using them for normal dwarf conversions and so on.

1 minute ago, Turragor said:

They are all going to be big golden idiots but Ive grown to love them now.

Tbh if they release a dwarf scaled like a regular stormcast is to a human and armoured like a stormcast (basically a stumpy stormcast), ppl will lose their ****** thinking of proxying them as all sorts and using them for normal dwarf conversions and so on.

Dwarf Stormcast, right here:

5a8880bcf0cf023b8ebfae45a922fee3.jpg

;) 

• Like 3

I do believe that nothing stops Sigmar reforging from aelf and duradin souls. The final product will resemble any other Stormcast. I think it makes some sense, as there might non-human remnants who would wish to fight on as their life expires but at the moment have no god of their own to turn to.

Most curious, if we'd find aelves who pray to Sigmar and in some realm the free people pray to Tyrion.

Edited by Tiger

I'm truly disappointed with more Stormcasts even though I own an army of them myself. Don't really like the situation where there is priviliged army which will get 3x more models than the others. I mean it's ridiculous - it's a strategy game at it's core. It's supposed to be well balanced and it won't be when one army has much more building options than the other. If they want to give individual models instead of introducing new army there are certainly armies that need them more than Stormcasts - Fyreslayers mostly, followed by Ironjawz.

That's the biggest thing that pushes me from 40k miniatures - the space marines all over the place. Grey Knights, Ultramarines, Deathwatch, Blood Angels - for me that's a one faction and it doesn't deserve to be put in every single box. I might have even bought one of those boxes - Death Masque for Eldar or Overkill for Genesteallers but why the other faction is always Space Marines which I truly dislike? I played a lot of board and card games set in 40k but they were nowhere as rewarded as in 40k miniatures.

Notice him sneakily covering something up? Something that matches the wings of Magnus (dual kit)?
Saw a different good suggestion that the bit to the right in Magnus is his smaller form (he changes size i believe).

Not sure why he would be covering it unless it's a dual kit. However that art piece is 40k you can see the marines if you look close.

6 minutes ago, Aryann said:

That's the biggest thing that pushes me from 40k miniatures - the space marines all over the place. Grey Knights, Ultramarines, Deathwatch, Blood Angels - for me that's a one faction and it doesn't deserve to be put in every single box. I might have even bought one of those boxes - Death Masque for Eldar or Overkill for Genesteallers but why the other faction is always Space Marines which I truly dislike? I played a lot of board and card games set in 40k but they were nowhere as rewarded as in 40k miniatures.

Well, love it or hate it the market apparently demands infinite Space Marines and it's hard to fault GW too much for picking low-hanging fruit.