The Rumour Thread

33 minutes ago, SlaaneshCultist said:

It's to mitigate the fact that Total Carnage is no longer unsavable in any way and now just does mortal wounds. I think it's a good change overall. 

Well, against a 6+ Save against Mortal Wounds Model it still deals on average 6.7 MW on normal trigger and 13.4 MW with the 16MW trigger.

Against 5+ Save it would be "still" 5.4 MW on avg and 10.7 on the 16 Wound Trigger. So actually still a buff I guess?

1 hour ago, CitizenX said:

Also, wasn't KO unveiled at GAMA?

Yes it was. The final preview tomorrow is after a GW demo session at Gama. 

I think we will see the Ko warband at the next preview and I am still holding out hope that we will see warcry tomorrow.

Even if we don't,  it is just 2 weeks until Adepticon and the next preview.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Well, against a 6+ Save against Mortal Wounds Model it still deals on average 6.7 MW on normal trigger and 13.4 MW with the 16MW trigger.

Against 5+ Save it would be "still" 5.4 MW on avg and 10.7 on the 16 Wound Trigger. So actually still a buff I guess?

I'm going to assume your maths is right due to laziness, but to add to that.

Using a weighted average, it would give 7.8 wounds for a 6+ save and 6.3 for 5+ save. On average. (9.4 for no save)

So I'd say it's a fairly sideways step. Slightly more against those with no mw save, and slightly less for those who do have one.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Charleston said:

A 16% Chance at 16 freakin mortal wounds is just too much... (byebye my monster...) and The skulltaker continues this trend. Seems like we‘re in for a AoS Chapter approved o.O

why does GW have Toskana MW all the Time o.O

Edited by JackStreicher

1 minute ago, JackStreicher said:

A16% Chance at 16 freakin mortal wounds is just too much... and The skulltaker continues this trend. Seems like we‘re in for a AoS Chapter approved o.O

But Skarbrand of all minis should be a rediculous combat monster. You should be terrified to fight against him in close combat. 

I think it is a good change. You will do the 16 wounds once per battle if you are lucky.

Seeing the very next battletome have an anti gristlegore option is interesting. My worry is that a lot of these changes are not op if you are a competent tournament player and are thinking about suitable counters , but might give a bad play experience to Joe casual at their local game store.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Chikout said:

But Skarbrand of all minis should be a rediculous combat monster. You should be terrified to fight against him in close combat. 

I think it is a good change. You will do the 16 wounds once per battle if you are lucky.

Seeing the very next battletome have an anti gristlegore option is interesting. My worry is that a lot of these changes are not op if you are a competent tournament player and are thinking about suitable counters , but might give a bad play experience to Joe casual at their local game store.

That‘s what I fear. It‘s hard enough already to get people to play AoS around here 😖

3 hours ago, Charleston said:

Well, actually we know one thing (as mentioned before):

2 Units were repackaged and are therefore save from beeing squatted :D

Haha we know they are repackaged and that so far nothing repackaged has been squatted. The conclusion that that means it’s means they are not being squatted is called a syllogism if I’m not mistaking. 

Nothing from the mouth of the company who makes the descisions, only conclusions drawn from comparisons with different similar situation (

those are very telling in my mind, but we still don’t KNOW anything. We ASSUME a lot ;) 

44 minutes ago, King Taloren said:

Anyway now that it is not unsavable I wonder how that interacts with Morathi since before she couldn’t save against it and took all 8 mortals.

It wasn't Mortal Wounds before. It was just wounds that could not be prevented by any means. Now it is mortal wounds, so Morathi can only take 3 per turn.

1 minute ago, Kramer said:

Haha we know they are repackaged and that so far nothing repackaged has been squatted. The conclusion that that means it’s means they are not being squatted is called a syllogism if I’m not mistaking.  

Nothing from the mouth of the company who makes the descisions, only conclusions drawn from comparisons with different similar situation (

those are very telling in my mind, but we still don’t KNOW anything. We ASSUME a lot ;) 

Uff, this topic again....yeah, I´ve seen it a few times here so I hope I can handle it in one post without triggering a discussion and a mod hat:
Some people like me like to use the term of "knowing" stuff on topics that seem to follow patterns or just seem to be the only reasonable outcome for future. Only because it was not confirmed by gw it doesn´t mean we can´t don´t know that gw is going to follow an expected pattern. 

We know that GW is about to optimize profit. Therefore we know that repackaging models would lead to a financial loss in case of squating the faction and is therefore not an option. This could be even expanded to the statement that we know that gw will only risk the cost of a repackaging if they are sure to regain it with an additional financial win over time.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Uff, this topic again....yeah, I´ve seen it a few times here so I hope I can handle it in one post without triggering a discussion and a mod hat:
Some people like me like to use the term of "knowing" stuff on topics that seem to follow patterns or just seem to be the only reasonable outcome for future. Only because it was not confirmed by gw it doesn´t mean we can´t don´t know that gw is going to follow an expected pattern. 

We know that GW is about to optimize profit. Therefore we know that repackaging models would lead to a financial loss in case of squating the faction and is therefore not an option. This could be even expanded to the statement that we know that gw will only risk the cost of a repackaging if they are sure to regain it with an additional financial win over time.

It's a fair point and I agree that if you consider knowing to be 'certain beyond a reasonable doubt'.. then it's up to where everybody draws the line.

I say knowing is only if confirmed, you say knowing if: 'topics that seem to follow patterns or just seem to be the only reasonable outcome for future. Only because it was not confirmed by gw it doesn´t mean we can´t don´t know that gw is going to follow an expected pattern. '

In bold all the keywords in that explanation why I draw my line at confirmed. Because we might think we see the pattern assuming GW will follow that expected pattern means you assume 1. you're vision of the pattern is right 2. GW won't ever change it's behaviour due to circumstances that didn't happen before*. Also that would mean Dwarf Warriors would be a thing in a dispossessed tome and nobody wants that ;)

'We know that GW is about to optimize profit. Therefore we know that repackaging models would lead to a financial loss in case of squating the faction and is therefore not an option. This could be even expanded to the statement that we know that gw will only risk the cost of a repackaging if they are sure to regain it with an additional financial win over time.' Fully agree, but we don't know that if they keep Gutbusters like this that they won't earn the money back on the reboxing. If the stock is out, it woudn't be the most expensive fix (I know it's relative). The line needs to add round bases instead of square because they are not on a sprue, and different box art. With the new studio they set up, should be alright to do more of that. 

TLDR: So again, I still maintain it's a syllogism to conclude GW will do a Gutbuster book because they repackaged some boxes in the line. But I of course agree with you if your reaction is your definition of knowing than we know it's coming. 

*for example doing the reboxing but the release of the book being put on indefinite hold because of problems in the design department and never being released due to not meeting standards. Or only being reboxed because stock dropping so low and it's a cheap fix. Or doing it as a test to see if they still sell. Or a million other reasons I can and can't think of because I don't know every choice being made in that proces.

PS. also we are discussion wether things are rumours or facts. So where else should this conversation be had :D 

Edited by Kramer
  • Thanks 1

case in point, GW did release a Greenskinz start collecting box with rebased units, three years later they phased them out. same thing when they release spire of dawn but then phased out the models from the box. so yeah repackage doesn't necessary mean your safe from being retired like with what maybe happening to Glade guards.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Yeah I’m much more on board with something like Skarbrand doing this amount of damage than 40 skeletons. The horde dynamic has gotten out of hand.

Edited by Nos
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, novakai said:

case in point, GW did release a Greenskinz start collecting box with rebased units, three years later they phased them out. same thing when they release spire of dawn but then phased out the models from the box. so yeah repackage doesn't necessary mean your safe from being retired like with what maybe happening to Glade guards.

Agreed. Never underestimate how plans might change over time. What GW planned a few years ago might, and likely isn't, what they are doing now. Ogres I feel might be a bit more safe then Greenkinz were, but any old fantasy range that has yet to receive an update isn't safe. I would be especially reserved about buying elves in general.

Who knows, maybe GW decides that Ogor's are better suited to only the BCR flavor. Squat the Gutbusters and focus their energy on updating BCR.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1