The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

There's already a lot of rock-paper-scissors in the game though: Sylvaneth and Idoneth make shooting armies mostly useless, Arkhan and Nagash counter magic, Nighthaunt counters high rend and Beasts of Chaos herdstone and spells, etc. 

Gore Pilgrims wasn't the only competitive Khorne list by the way: Council of Blood has also been popular.

I've never bought into the idea that certain armies somehow counter other armies in the overall game, thus leading to a sort of balance.  If you play a shooting army and your usual mates play anti-shooting armies but nobody plays the thing that supposedly balances it all out, then all you have a a bummer of an experience for the shooting army.

In other words, each game you play is against one thing, not against the combined balanced effect of all armies that you might play. This is also related to why I think two ideas are either myths or misused terms: power creep and 'meta.' Battletomes are made as works on their own merits, not as ways to change how people play the game or to smack down previous books.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mutton said:

They're already quite anti-magic focused. Their armies get a load of unbinds, including instant unbinds, and forced casting rerolls. Khorne isn't immune to magic, he just hates it. If they were any more anti-magic, then it would be a nightmare to play against them with any faction using wizards. We don't want to make armies anti-FUN.

Yeah, this is what I was getting at. When one army counters another neither player is going to have fun. Imagine bringing a bunch of wizards and just being denied the whole game.

and I'm saying this as a Khorne player.

Edited by 123lac

Just a little heads-up regarding future news. The next event that GW is attending will probably be the Gama tradeshow from March 9th to March 13th.

Last year they announced Killteam, two underworlds gangs, a Necromunda gang, a bloodbowl team and said the name Idoneth Deepkin out loud for the first time.

That suggests we should see a few interesting things this time.

• Like 8

Pretty sure it meant nothing but hey :D

Warhammer tvhttps://scontent-cdt1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/52898526_767614896966824_4368415441534582784_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-cdt1-1.xx&oh=baadb0d1e26f16fe9676637b24cb30ed&oe=5CEDAEB8

So as Batrep, we got Blades of khorne with and upcoming battletome, versus ... SERAPHON

Maybe it's nothing but a battle between an upcoming Battletome that will change in a month or so ... and one of the most rumored Battletome recently . 

Only the Slanns know !

• Like 4

On 2/19/2019 at 12:51 PM, wander said:

>Death is either Soulblight, Deathrattle (though I can see a more Vampire Count style book combining these also) or a combined Deathmage+Deadwalkers soup tome to make a last full faction for Death.

I hope Nagash listens to you and gives you his blessing!

On a serious note I’m of the same opinion, 12 battletomes total this year seems absolutely doable even considering that if Warcry is really an AoS KillTeam would be weird to see updated rules for the infantry for a faction without battletome and/or new rules.

Although the GH 2019 may fix few of those especially now that things like Skaven drop from the GH allegiance rules as they got a battletome 

I was just saying that they are posting armys that got their book on verssion 1.0 of AoS. As that batrep between khorne that is going to have a new battletome and seraphon that is rumored to have soon the same, we can think that they are looking at those armys with v1.0 Battletome. Maybe is nothing but who knows, Gw does things to slowly make our hype grow.

8 minutes ago, Aryann said:

Do I understand correctly that people from GW write on instagram that they are aware that Tzeentch and Kharadrons need a new battletome? By the way what's wrong with Tzeentch? 

No. They have just put up pictures. I’ve just had a quick look and they’ve not said or implied that they are posting pictures of armies that need new books

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Aryann said:

Do I understand correctly that people from GW write on instagram that they are aware that Tzeentch and Kharadrons need a new battletome? By the way what's wrong with Tzeentch? 

The current Tzeentch book is ... not accurate. It doesn't contain the new summoning rules, and almost every warscroll has had a lot of errata. I think Kairic Acolytes might legitimately be the only unchanged warscroll (and that's only because they should have been and I think GW forgot). Maybe the blue scribes? 

Several traits don't do what the book says anymore, same with spells. 

16 minutes ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

The current Tzeentch book is ... not accurate. It doesn't contain the new summoning rules, and almost every warscroll has had a lot of errata. I think Kairic Acolytes might legitimately be the only unchanged warscroll (and that's only because they should have been and I think GW forgot). Maybe the blue scribes? 

I would instant-buy a new Tzeentch book that had identical art and layout and just included AoS 2.0 changes. It's a gorgeous book but like you said, just about every page has errata. It is perhaps ironic that Acolytes do not have errata, as their warscroll doesn't even match the box contents.

54 minutes ago, lord_blackfang said:

I would instant-buy a new Tzeentch book that had identical art and layout and just included AoS 2.0 changes. It's a gorgeous book but like you said, just about every page has errata. It is perhaps ironic that Acolytes do not have errata, as their warscroll doesn't even match the box contents.

I think the amount of changes in Khorne will be telling in how they intend to handle Tzeentch(if they do at all). If it ends up being mostly errata rollup with a few tweaks, that would probably be a good indication for Tzeentch since once you put all the errata and faqs together, they've got one of the better books in the game. But that could also be worrying for Kharadron Overlords players who definitely don't want small tweaks and an errata roll up. I almost want them to treat KO like a faction without a book and start over from the ground up.

3 minutes ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

I haven’t read this thread for around 15 pages. Any actual rumors since Skaven and FEC came out?

Not really no although there's growing guesses that Seraphon might be getting a Tome. 

We know that Khorne is next and that there's a reveal event in March that will likely unveil more new things; however with the new big 40K release on the horizon most are focused on that. It's going to be a major Chaos 40K release by the looks of it. 

1 minute ago, Overread said:

Not really no although there's growing guesses that Seraphon might be getting a Tome. 

We know that Khorne is next and that there's a reveal event in March that will likely unveil more new things; however with the new big 40K release on the horizon most are focused on that. It's going to be a major Chaos 40K release by the looks of it. 

When they were doing the 40k codexes at a fast paces they were announcing them in batches if I recall, and then they'd generally come out in pairs. I wonder if we'll be lucky enough to get that much of a heads up.

9 hours ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

Yeah, with so many changes the book is a true mess. I also think the LoC is highly overcosted at the moment - I mean Thanquol is 400 points and arguably a better pick in most situations.