The Rumour Thread

It bothers me that people are so hostile towards anyone who shares rumours. I already said that Ben2 has a pretty good track record over on Dakka. It is fine to be skeptical but don't take out on the people who share stuff. If you only want facts just check the warhammer community site and ignore this thread. 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Overread said:

The mods confirmed it was another user posting under an alternate account and as for their rumours, well the skaven battletome coming next year was a bit sooner than expected ;) NDA also went very quiet once called out.

I still don't really understand this - why does being an existing user posting under a new account mean they were making everything up? It was always clear it was an alt account - I mean, they were called 'NDAbreaker', that's as clear as can be - so it's not like he was pretending to be someone else or something. It's perfectly believable that someone wouldn't want to post NDA-breaking stuff under their main account, it doesn't mean they were telling fibs.

Not saying the stuff they said was true necessarily (or that their source was reliable either), but I found the logical leaps people made around them being 'outed' really odd. It didn't seem like we ever got any evidence either way, unless I missed something. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kirjava13 said:

All a rumour is is something we don't know for sure. It doesn't matter if it's true or not. 

If people are going to only want true rumours... well, those aren't rumours, those are just facts.

Not again this. If I claimed that new Dispossesed with a Grugni on anvil are.coming in June, would that make it equal to a SadPanda/H&H/LVO, etc piece of information?

Rumours are not all equal. It is only natural to cross check other data, look for info on source, etc.

If Chickout then comes out and says that the apparently new user is actually a dakka user with proven record, that is great. I dont see the problem with looking for that kind of info.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Ultimately none of it matters. If I say I have a source that tells me Grungni is coming in June, what the frag does it matter if I'm making it up or not? GW will release what they will, and the only thing that changes from rumours is how excited we allow ourselves to be. I'm not saying people should lie or make stuff up- just that it doesn't really matter if they do. Time will prove the truth of it.

Edited by Kirjava13
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, robinlvalentine said:

I still don't really understand this - why does being an existing user posting under a new account mean they were making everything up? It was always clear it was an alt account - I mean, they were called 'NDAbreaker', that's as clear as can be - so it's not like he was pretending to be someone else or something. It's perfectly believable that someone wouldn't want to post NDA-breaking stuff under their main account, it doesn't mean they were telling fibs.

Not saying the stuff they said was true necessarily (or that their source was reliable either), but I found the logical leaps people made around them being 'outed' really odd. It didn't seem like we ever got any evidence either way, unless I missed something. 

Ben made a post a few (maybe more) pages back confirming that the guy/girl admitted to him it was just wishlisting.  

• Like 3

Just now, Austin said:

Ben made a post a few (maybe more) pages back confirming that the guy/girl admitted to him it was just wishlisting.  

This is again an assumption - Ben never said that NDAbreaker admitted to it, just that that was his conclusion - and NDAbreaker posted with a different account of events around the same time. 

As I say, I'm not saying NDAbreaker was right or that their source was right, just that this grand debunking of everything they ever said never seemed to actually happen. All we saw is that Ben discovered they had a second account (which was plain, given their username), assumed they were bogus as a result, and shut them down. 

I could well believe there was more to it that we didn't see, but that's the thing, we didn't see it, and the situation was really not clarified at all. We really don't know what happened, and no one seemed to be forthcoming in properly explaining. 

For what it's worth I think NDAbreaker's rumours were an awful lot more plausible than this Warcry thing, but then I guess fake rumours often do seem more likely than the real ones! 

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 2:15 AM, Ben said:

Morning everyone. 

Ive spoken with NDABreaker and unfortunately  it’s someone having his own little fun and wishlisting. 

I’m going to clear this up into its own thread. 

EDIT:  I posted this before reading the thread. So let me be clear. 

I meassaged the poster and before he got back to me he came here to say he was being silenced. 

I then explained that the site software can track the devices used to make posts, showing 2 accounts posting from the same phone and his tune changed  

I know who the poster is but I’m not going to share his name  so let’s leave it as that  

for the record, I love rumours, I also love wishlists but let’s not confuse the two  

@robinlvalentine

I guess I read this differently than you.

3 minutes ago, Austin said:

@robinlvalentine

I guess I read this differently than you.

As I say, it's not clear and it's open to interpretation. 

All Ben says is:

-"It's someone having his own little fun and wishlisting" without saying how he knows this

-Their "tune changed" when he pointed out they had two accounts - maybe this implies they admitted it but doesn't say it

-Presents them having two accounts as if that's inherently proof of wrongdoing, which I don't feel it is

He went on to say the person was "baiting and trolling" but again doesn't explain the basis of that

• Like 3

All I know is that so far this year is jammed packed and for now it’s all exciting stuff but lucky for my wallet nothing that means new expenses for me except Warcry if it will be a real good skirmish maybe with new scenery.

This can of course change if brand new armies join the fray, especially a Deathrattle one wink wink 😉 

• Like 2

Well this escalated fast.

Partly to blame are the owners of this fine page.

For any reason they are incredible terrified of leaks and rumours, the main reason why people come here.

Now every single word is put on a scale and people are so insecure that every rumour is ripped apart and denied

just because someone has a new account.

People, just relax.........

If someone has something to say let him/her say it. We had 2 world wars to fight for that right.

Should someone be unhappy of what has been posted or leaked we can still delete it and debate after.

But for fudge sake, let people be people

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

They were in Warhammer as well. Snowskiing gnomes.

were there skiing Gnomes? damn! I'd love to have got some of them, there was that skiing Dwarf ranger that was a great model, especially with the Yodel of Doom. 

I reckon one of my main reasons I want to write for Black Library is just to sneak gnomes and the like into my stories

Screenshot 2019-02-14 at 20.08.01.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1