The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

Jesus Christ more Stormcast?!

Those aren't indicative of what is getting releases, it's just the images they use to represent each Grand Alliance, they wouldn't plainly show us exactly what each battletome would be like that.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, novakai said:

I mean indicate that it be Gutbuster, soulblight, Stormcast, and Fyreslayer release this year

Wouldn't put too much stock in the images. Those are the pictures that have represented the grand alliances for some time.

Though, it does confirm lots of tomes. Plus the fact we ALREADY are getting another one in Blades of Khorne. I'd be hype!

Awesome show. Way more then I expected. Interested to see where it's going.
Continued soulwars, with mention of chambers opening. Possible meddling in unstable power by sigmar to try and right the balance Nagash upset.

Though Warcry says it's something between Underworlds and Kill Team. So if it's and actual skirmish game that not a board game or a super lazy lazy minor change to the base AoS rules, that might be cool. For me it depends on where it lands between Underworlds and Kill Team.

Just now, Ironbreaker said:

Tomb Kings have been kept in a secret vault by Sigmar. Soon he will unleash them upon Nagash.

Not the tomb kings as a whole, nagash saw to their defeat... but in a secret chamber marked "open in case of bedsheets" sigmar has kept the mighty daemon prince Settra the imperishable, who he obviously had to pull from the skull throne as he was busy telling khorne he does not serve, he rules...

Just now, Shankelton said:

Though, it does confirm lots of tomes. Plus the fact we ALREADY are getting another one in Blades of Khorne. I'd be hype!
Continued soulwars, with mention of chambers opening. Possible meddling in unstable power by sigmar to try and right the balance Nagash upset.

Since we already know of 3 GA's getting tome this year (Gloomspite, Skaven, FEC), only Order is left. So all this announcment means is "You'll get at least Khorne and 1 order tome"
Not 100% sure if "Stormvaults" is a chamber. It would be a super freaking generic one. "Oh me, Just a Stormcast from the Stormvault chamber herp derp"

2 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Since we already know of 3 GA's getting tome this year (Gloomspite, Skaven, FEC), only Order is left. So all this announcment means is "You'll get at least Khorne and 1 order tome"
Not 100% sure if "Stormvaults" is a chamber. It would be a super freaking generic one. "Oh me, Just a Stormcast from the Stormvault chamber herp derp"

I am not sure, I feel like by covering up the Chaos GA side of the banner it indicates that we would be getting 3 more BT for each Grand alliance.

At least that what the optimist in me would say.

The battletomes we are sure to get in 2019 so far:

• Gloomspite Gitz (Destruction) [already released]
  • Skavens (Chaos)
  • Flesh-eater Courts (Death)
  • Khorne (Chaos)
  • Slaanesh (Chaos)
  • Dark Oath, perhaps mixed with Slaves to Darkness & Everchosen. (Chaos)

Seems like Chaos will be busy this year.

Edited by The Golem

I think slaanesh will be mixed up in the new AOS expansion, if we look in the top 5 thing to look out for this year GW notes new endless spells, slaanesh and the expansion. I suspect we will get a tease of slaanesh around valentine's day, GW won't miss that. They even used it to reveal Morathi. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/01/1st-dec-the-top-5-things-to-look-forward-to-in-2019gw-homepage-post-3/

Edited by shinros

Man, those Khorne Endless Spells Prayers are hot! Can you hear that chainsaw sound from Doom? Rip n' Tear!
For those wondering "Why Khorne, and why now?" it's probably just to cash in on the recent release of Wrath and Rapture, or it could even just be that these book and spells are ready, and others are not quite ready yet. But if they rewrote that book, it's pretty much a confirmation that we'll see a new version of all the AoS 1 books before the end of the year.

As for everything else, a lot of teasers and not much meat around the bone, so rather... unsatisfying. Some very cool new CSM though!

Edited by Minis by Night

1 minute ago, Minis by Night said:

Man, those Khorne Endless Spells Prayers are hot! Can you hear that chainsaw sound from Doom? Rip n' Tear!
For those wondering "Why Khorne, and why now?" is probably just to cash in on the recent release of Wrath and Rapture, or it could even just be that these book and spells are ready, and others are not quite ready yet. But if they rewrote that book, it's pretty much a confirmation that we'll see a new version of all the AoS 1 books before the end of the year.

As for everything else, a lot of teasers and not much meat around the bone, so rather... unsatisfying. Some very cool new CSM though!

Agreed! Plus the fact they aren't spells does also herald them expanding into the non-magic armies like BCR. Which, also given the affirment that even more battletomes are coming, means a good chance BCR or Gutbusters will get an update!

That skull looks like the most fragile model imaginable though! xD

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shinros said:

I think slaanesh will be mixed up in the new AOS expansion, if we look in the top 5 thing to look out for this year GW notes new endless spells, slaanesh and the expansion. I suspect we will get a tease of slaanesh around valentine's day, GW won't miss that. They even used it to reveal Morathi. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/01/1st-dec-the-top-5-things-to-look-forward-to-in-2019gw-homepage-post-3/

True, after all my valentines day will probably be spent painting the daemonnetes from wrath and rapture...

But i also wouldn't mind it being used to tease soulblight with a lahmian vamp sculpt or even old issy von carstein herself! Doubtful but they've surprised us before.

1 minute ago, Shankelton said:

Agreed! Plus the fact they aren't spells does also herald them expanding into the non-magic armies like BCR. Which, also given the affirment that even more battletomes are coming, means a good chance BCR or Gutbusters will get an update!

That skull looks like the most fragile model imaginable though! xD

It would be cool for BCR to get an endless spell type model for that endless blizzard thing in their lore

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

Boring lol. I think this has been one of the most boring shows ever and disappointing. More Stormcast I knew would come. Khorne gets stuff when it doesn’t need it. I have a sinking feeling about aos future.

it was probably more for 40k this time around, which was to be expected given the fact that March was teased to be something big happening with the countdown and all

Gotta say, I really dislike their use of that "battletomes for every grand-alliance"-picture. Unless they're really planning on releasing SCE, fyreslayers, soulblight, gutbusters/bcr and whatever that chaos mess is supposed to be. Not saying it's impossible to get all those factions but if one of those factions shown doesn't get new btome, it's almost akin to false advertisement. Still, my hope for future fyreslayer tome is still strong.

13 minutes ago, Minis by Night said:

But if they rewrote that book, it's pretty much a confirmation that we'll see a new version of all the AoS 1 books before the end of the year.

1 minute ago, Barkanaut said:

I suppose one good thing is all old factions getting stuff this year is confirmed. That means KO will get stuff too but what. That’s the only thing I’m interested in. 

Woah guys let's temper expectations here. They did not say everyone was getting a battletome this year! 

What they said:
-----------
 2019 will see new battletomes for every Grand Alliance! Some brand-new armies will be joining the fray, as well as classic armies updated for the new edition.
---------

We already have 4 battletomes we know of. Beyond that. the only thing this confirms is at least something for Order and 1 brand new army (Could be 1 in the same). Will we get some other refreshes. sure. very likely. But every faction is a lot of tomes and they by no means hinted or suggested this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, angrycontra said:

Gotta say, I really dislike their use of that "battletomes for every grand-alliance"-picture. Unless they're really planning on releasing SCE, fyreslayers, soulblight, gutbusters/bcr and whatever that chaos mess is supposed to be. Not saying it's impossible to get all those factions but if one of those factions shown doesn't get new btome, it's almost akin to false advertisement. Still, my hope for future fyreslayer tome is still strong.

The pictures are generic ones from homepage don’t take any stock in them except the new chaos one. The death and destruction "new" armies are quite unknown. Though if I were a gambling man grotbags.

edit 

ahh misread that. Back to being disappointed. 

Edited by Barkanaut

8 minutes ago, angrycontra said:

whatever that chaos mess is supposed to be

That would be a representation of Chaos Undevided since all 4 chaos gods are represented in it.

51 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

LVOStudioPreview-Feb7-NewBattletomes27tc

I don't think this image is anything to go by they're just reused assets, you can find them in the core rulebook.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Skavelynn said:

I wonder if the "something ancient and terrible" has something to do with Tomb Kings

I suspect it's a Chamber of all the Stormcast who have reforged so many times that they are mad. Probably been locked away for generations.

Also, IF (!) the images are anything to go by, note the Doom Diver in the Destruction image ...

Edited by Sleboda