The Rumour Thread

So skaven will be somewhere in 2020.

Well not really what  I was hoping for, but well, I guess at least it will be released in the year of the rat.

Say @Ndabreaker, is there any information, if it’ll be like only 1specific clan or will it be more of a mixture?

also sorry for putting you to work again😅 and you have my gratitude.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

8 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

I only know that last week the people behind Gloomspite Giz were working on Dispossessed battletome. 

Then the Dispossessed tome became some sorto of Legion of the Grudge combining all the duardins.

Now we get no tome but the gyrocopter in general handbook 19.

I do fear the next week news for Dispossessed 😥 Are we getting TombKinged?

Only one thing for it, Dispossessed must rise again!  Show of force at tournaments is required, or some grudges will be written 📖

• LOVE IT! 1

31 minutes ago, stato said:

Ok yeah sorry I just saw a lot of people ganging up on the guy for no real reason.

He may not be a reliable source (yet), but while LLV is great, but he did once post...

And also that Darkoath would be coming same time as Beastmen, and that Slaanesh was Xmas/Jan. Which were then followed up with changes, just like the guy you have questioned.   

Rumours are rumours, you apply your own level of trust to them, and even the trusted ones can be miles off, its all 3rd hand info after all.

Yes rumors are rumors. And like I said, I am glad people come to share. LLV got things wrong and he got things right which is frankly what I would expect with the telephone game of rumors.

What he didn't do was check during the span of hours with a source and ping back in with updates. He also didn't claim to have had inside info on release for 8 months prior, which is perplexing.  Maybe it is just because if someone told me about deepkin, then told me about 2d edition, and both were right...I would have decided they were the real deal.  Even more so when they were right about new Stormcast, Nighthaunts, Beasts of Chaos, and Wrath & Rapture all in sequence.

@Ndabreaker so I am not being passive aggressive here I think I've made my point.  I will eat the massivest amount of crow for sure when/if you are proven correct and I will do it right here in this thread haha.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

Yes rumors are rumors. And like I said, I am glad people come to share. LLV got things wrong and he got things right which is frankly what I would expect with the telephone game of rumors.

What he didn't do was check during the span of hours with a source and ping back in with updates. He also didn't claim to have had inside info on release for 8 months prior, which is perplexing.  Maybe it is just because if someone told me about deepkin, then told me about 2d edition, and both were right...I would have decided they were the real deal.  Even more so when they were right about new Stormcast, Nighthaunts, Beasts of Chaos, and Wrath & Rapture all in sequence.

@Ndabreaker so I am not being passive aggressive here I think I've made my point.  I will eat the massivest amount of crow for sure when/if you are proven correct and I will do it right here in this thread haha.

There is too much logic here for some people. I dont get the "dont question whatever comes as rumour" logic that some peoplw have. Maybe it is just that we are desperate for whatever comes. 

Not trusting rumours from unproved sources is not being rude. Just minimally rationale. It allows discussions to develop without taking every rumour for equally believable, because they are not. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

I only know that last week the people behind Gloomspite Giz were working on Dispossessed battletome. 

Then the Dispossessed tome became some sorto of Legion of the Grudge combining all the duardins.

Now we get no tome but the gyrocopter in general handbook 19.

I do fear the next week news for Dispossessed 😥 Are we getting TombKinged?

Well, after more and more  bad news, only good ones can come :D Grand Alliance: Dispossessed confirmed!!!

Edited by Beliman
  • Haha 4

In regards to Dispossessed being Squatted, I don't think we'll see that. They have GHB rules and have been mostly reboxed unlike Gitmob and Greenskins, the only Factions within AoS that are actually being squatted.

It would be very odd to see the Dispossessed go away when they are used in many combined boxed as well. If anything is at risk of squatting now it's some legacy units inside Skaven (giant rats, rat swarms), and probably a few of the Self subfactions.

• Like 1

All high elf and dark elf resin and most plastics will be gone by the end of the year. The phoenix and the phoenix guard will remain. As will for some reason white lions as a single kit and the scourge privateers. Everything else will go that's including all order seprpentis cold ones and dragon. . This is a no rumour. I have seen actual evidence of this. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

All high elf and dark elf resin and most plastics will be gone by the end of the year. The phoenix and the phoenix guard will remain. As will for some reason white lions as a single kit and the scourge privateers. Everything else will go that's including all order seprpentis cold ones and dragon. . This is a no rumour. I have seen actual evidence of this. 

No offense, but it's still a rumour to the rest of us. Nothing you've said has panned out yet... tho your Skaven time frame feels right and you posted it before the Carrion Empire announcement :)

Guys it really doesn't matter if @Ndabreaker rumours are true or not, at least they've got us talking about rumours instead of the usual rubbish like i hate Stormcast or Stormcast are not human!! 

Thank you for taking the time to post and actual start up topics related to 'the rumour thread' I've actually enjoyed reading the last few pages which I haven't recently

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

hmm I would have thought they would keep Darkling Coven since those models are not as old. understandably phoenix and wanderers would survive since they have player bases, Scourge privateers has been given a lot of development from GW as well

11 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

The reason is that most of the old elf kits sell in very low numbers. And they are being removed to avoid competition with dok idk and the NEW new elves next year. Wanderers are staying as is. 

speculation I could have swear people bought the dragon blades and cold ones for conversion purposes for Blood knights and Saurus riders

30 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

Lol... 

Just lol. 

5 hours ago, Melcavuk said:

I'd be sad to see the Ironweld being gutted of half their artillery roster with it rejoining Dipossessed for a couple of reasons. It would likely mean we are seeing no new dispossessed kits or atleast no new running themes through them as the current roster would likely just be maintained. It'd also spell the end of Ironweld as a unique subfaction to be expanded as what little they had left would logistically have to just fold back into the Freeguild. From a lore perspective the Ironweld have been mentioned in a couple of the novels for their roles, if the dispossessed regain their artillery and remain the Azyrite duardin then the role of the Ironweld becomes muddied.

What's wrong with giving the duardin units both Ironweld and Dispossessed keywords?

28 minutes ago, Ironbreaker said:

What's wrong with giving the duardin units both Ironweld and Dispossessed keywords?

That comment was made before the rumour was revised to be both keywords. At the time I responded the rumour was the Duardin were getting their artillery back, implying Ironweld were losing them.

I find the Gutbusters rumour most convincing, anyone who applied for the AoS Games Designed position last year would have undertaken a writing task around designing the Gutbusters Allegiance, whoever then got the job may have been allowed to run with a refine their concept 

Edited by Melcavuk

1 hour ago, Icegoat said:

The reason is that most of the old elf kits sell in very low numbers. And they are being removed to avoid competition with dok idk and the NEW new elves next year. Wanderers are staying as is. 

Well, maybe they sell badly because they are  split into 5 factions that are barely playable.

I really doubt Order Draconis and Eldritch Council are gona get canned.

Swifthawk will suffer if SoD models are removed from matched play tho.

• Thanks 1

Not in a million years are they squatting the recent plastic kits for any of the WHFB elf factions. 

Even just in terms of already produced stock, I. E. Kits in the warehouse and stores across the world, they have tons of plastic. 

It would be a phenomenal act of stupidity to squat these factions when beasts of chaos and LoN have proven how successful older stock can be when given some new rules. 

• Like 6

Oh my lord, this thread beggars belief. You talk about not-rumours: "Waah! 😭 Talk about rumours!" You talk about rumours: "Waah! 😭 This internet hearsay might not be 100% accurate!" Who gives a gobbo's behind?!? It's fun and interesting and keeps us talking, it matters not one fething jot whether the rumours are accurate or not because we're talking about plastic toys. Honestly.

Edited by Kirjava13
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 8

9 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

Oh my lord, this thread beggars belief. You talk about not-rumours: "Waah! 😭 Talk about rumours!" You talk about rumours: "Waah! 😭 This internet hearsay might not be 100% accurate!" Who gives a gobbo's behind?!? It's fun and interesting and keeps us talking, it matters not one fething jot whether the rumours are accurate or not because we're talking about plastic toys. Honestly.

The "all rumours are equally believable or unbelievable because they are rumours" is nonsense. For those who want rumours just to tall about something, credibility might be irrelevant. But if it about anticipating what will actually come, judging both inner credibility and source accuracy is being minimally rational. 

• Like 2