The Rumour Thread

So it looks like the news is coming there is a retailer event which includes a 30 min GW segment happening tomorrow late afternoon Germany time. 

Beasts of war has a tour of the GW booth up which shows nothing special except for the three mini games which are already available in the states.

5 minutes ago, Urbanus said:

So to catch up... That troll we saw ages ago with all the fungi, will they actually release that model or? Is it part of the famed "moonclan release"? Do we have any info on this?

That beefy boy is part of a Shadespire Nightvault warband.

Edited by Kirjava13
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RexHavoc said:

You can blame Tolkien's dwarves and their book of mazarbul for this.

The best thing about it is that it's just like a note you would stick to the fridge. It has no context. "Just a note to say: no trolls here lads. Out of milk tho x"

And then, and I missed this initially, the fact that not only does he take the time to write a warning down as opposed to run away, but he chooses to extend the message with the curse "By Sigmars beard" the alphabetic length of which means he does not have the time to actually write down what the threat in question even is because he spent valuable seconds expressing his emotions in pen.

So to recap; he chooses to spend his potential last moments writing a note of warning rather than fleeing, but is so invested in the semantics of his warning that he actually fails to even provide the necessary information required for the task.

Edited by Nos
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Nos said:

And then, and I missed this initially, the fact that not only does he take the time to write a warning down as opposed to run away, but he chooses to extend the message with the curse "By Sigmars beard" the alphabetic length of which means he does not have the time to actually write down what the threat in question even is because he spent valuable seconds expressing his emotions in pen.

The answer to that is simple: a syllable based scripture; glyph based signer system where words or whole (complex) ideas are a single symbol. Makes writing pretty quick in some cases. 

1 minute ago, youngSkywalker said:

The answer to that is simple: a syllable based scripture; glyph based signer system where words or whole (complex) ideas are a single symbol. Makes writing pretty quick in some cases. 

It's only the latest in Glyph technology. I think there is a version of it that you can cast from your iSigmar or Nagasoid miniature spell tomes. The only problem though is you need to have a pretty good Winds of Magic Signal for it to work properly.  ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rattila said:

Those are really nice models! the skeletons looks good, and finally Death got new zombies models ! (ok, only three and for blood bowl... but they do look really good!)

No idea what is the big guy. Some kind of Zombie Ogor?

It's a Mummy, they are the "big guys" on Undead teams.

47 minutes ago, youngSkywalker said:

Nah just run away I think

I don't have any interest in blood bowl at all, the only models I have brought for it have been conversion parts for AoS. Those undead models are fantastic, especially the zombies, I really like the lankiness of them, the are a vast improvement on the older kit (which is well over due a remake, I know there are older kits but those kits are pretty awful compared to todays stuff!)

Sadly, I just dont see a use for the rest of the kit, the skellys and big guy on the bottom row have too much of a 'blood bowl pose' to be of any use for AoS. They look too 'fast' and I prefer the slow and lumbering looking undead. Shame as I'd love to grab a few of those zombies, but will be far to expensive to have so many left over parts.

2 hours ago, Sabotage! said:

Looks like the Undead BB models were spoiled on the German FB page. Excellent looking models and as a BB player I will definitely be picking them up. Could be nice for a Skirmish warband with a bit of conversion.

IMG_0536.JPG

These looks like great fun and worth buying just to paint! And add them to silver tower as adversaries.. 

"You turn a corner and are attacked by a zombie rugby team"! 

• Haha 5

Liking the look of the undead team!  Lots of character in there - and that Mummy looks ace, completely different to anything else we've seen, the ghoul is interesting too - much, much creepier than what we've seen.  I'm not convinced the new zombie style is representative of what we'll see if they ever get redone in AoS.  I could see more identifiable humans (e.g. farmers, merchants, fisherman etc) rather than "generic half clothed zombie A"

Looking forward to seeing the team painted up as a Hammer Horror team and scary gothic!

15 hours ago, Nos said:

So to recap; he chooses to spend his potential last moments writing a note of warning rather than fleeing, but is so invested in the semantics of his warning that he actually fails to even provide the necessary information required for the task.

Could have been his "mate" who wrote down his last words before scarpering xD

10 hours ago, Enoby said:

It would surprise me if we didn't get any information on Wrath and Rapture and/or Blackstone Fortress. Seems weird that they'd tease them and then not mention them for ages - I think they're likely to come within the year.

That sounds exactly like somehing GW would do. Death Guard springs to mind.

Depends on what exactly Wrath and Rapture is too, I guess. Spiel is supposed to be a board games event right? So if it’s a box like Blightwar then maybe it not get a showing.

7 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

That sounds exactly like somehing GW would do. Death Guard springs to mind.

Depends on what exactly Wrath and Rapture is too, I guess. Spiel is supposed to be a board games event right? So if it’s a box like Blightwar then maybe it not get a showing.

Deth guard delay was at least on part to production issues. With wrath and rapture and black fortress the "long silence" is due to the lack of events. They were teased during the last big ones and since then other stuff, closer to release was in focus. W&R und BSF will show up on the next gw events for sure. Maybe even get further teased today. For BSF we know that it is up for pre-order at the end of November. 

All in all the hype build could be handled better, but it is more than we got for almost a decade from GW.