The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, dillonjay21 said:

Moonclan Grots are coming, not sure what the timetable for the release is. New fanatics, characters, squig hoppers, troggoths, and a few other squig type things. The theme is very much based on the Fungoid Cave Shaman and overall they are a lot darker and grimier than their previous iteration. I am almost positive they are sticking with the same grot models for this line too (the 20 man battleline unit). I believe a lot of those rumor engine photos are from the new line. 

the mention of fanatics makes me question the validity of this post.  The fanatics are pretty decent models, exactly inline with the normal grots.  It would be weird to replace one and not the other. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

the mention of fanatics makes me question the validity of this post.  The fanatics are pretty decent models, exactly inline with the normal grots.  It would be weird to replace one and not the other. 

The fanatics haven't been reboxed the same way the grot box has like most AOS unit boxes have and they do show their age a bit more than the standard grots IMO. 

2 hours ago, Kugane said:

About those shadow elves.. Does anyone know  what to expect? Assassin-like "shadow" or the magical kind of "shadow" stuff?

Well i heard some rumors that the shadow elves will be some kind of dragon twisted creatures, as well as light elves having some kind of angelic form.#(Let’s just call them lizardelve-things, and birdelve-things)

#probably similar idea like  those snake lady’s from the daughter of khaine range 

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well i heard some rumors that the shadow elves will be some kind of dragon twisted creatures, as well as light elves having some kind of angelic form.#(Let’s just call them lizardelve-things, and birdelve-things)

#probably similar idea like  those snake lady’s from the daughter of khaine range 

Thats quite interresting. Twisted dragon elves sounds brutal. I hope they will have misformed dragon faces if so!

5 hours ago, TheMuphinMan said:

My guess is they are going to do Slannesh like they did Nurgle last year, Announcement on "Excess-mas" with models rolling out in January. Storyline is going to progress with more Aelf factions popping up because they are no longer held up keeping Slannesh prisoner

Thats a REALLY good guess ;)

I have also heard "dragon-elves" and "angel-elves" but just a one source thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, dillonjay21 said:

The fanatics haven't been reboxed the same way the grot box has like most AOS unit boxes have and they do show their age a bit more than the standard grots IMO. 

I could see the Fanatics redone if GW wants them featured prominently within Moonclan going forward. They certainly are not poor models currently, but nor are they up to the current standards. The chains in particular lack crisp detail, as well as the undersides which you can see in this case. However, since Fanatics are already on round bases, I don't see the fact that they have not been reboxed as significant.

New Troggoths has me very excited. The old stone trolls are what sucked me into WHFB originally, and trolls have always been some of my favorites since.

2 hours ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

Tbf the core rules book states that at the very least Malerioms  aelves will be changed in form. That and the picture of what we can only assume to be the dragon form of Malerion would point towards dragon aelves ? 

I hope you guys with leaks aren’t just winding us up with hedged bets ??

Only The Faithful

• Haha 4

Sorry, that’s literally all I have. I was told Darkoath this year, then Darkoath/brayherds and lastly that there might have been a schedule change so not sure on the dates. GW have been a little more tight since the Soulwars out break and most of that only came to light thanks to Martin Morrin announcing ‘AoS phase 2’ live on stream by accident ( then telling everyone it was a lie and wasn’t happening btw lol). 

Anyway, that’s all I got right now. With the windows getting tighter I’m sure we will see something green n sneaky on Saturday. 

• Thanks 8

17 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

So, with Warhammer Fest Europe right around the corner:
Preview.PNG.d447c9d085121218c3646189923a781d.PNG

What are your predictions for Age of Sigmar? 

2018 was meant to be the year of Death; so far we've had one battletome with no new models and one full on release. Order have had 2 Aelf releases and stormcast and possibly another I can't remember? Soulblight  battletome with new models would be great.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, El Syf said:

the year of Death; so far we've had one battletome with no new models

I'd rather prefer some more battletome like LoN for existing miniatures (for skaven, for ogors/beastmens, for greenskin, for dwarves, for etc...) than getting more little factions with so few entries (like DoK...). LoN is so good that it is probably the best battletome out there. And the NH extension is a superb bonus to LoN.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, El Syf said:

2018 was meant to be the year of Death; so far we've had one battletome with no new models and one full on release. Order have had 2 Aelf releases and stormcast and possibly another I can't remember? Soulblight  battletome with new models would be great.

I am very optimistically (read: foolishly) holding out hope for a flesh eater courts updated battletome (probably no new models though) and a soulblight update with a battletome, plastic vampire lord + blood knights and a unit of vampire thralls.

1 hour ago, Lightbox said:

I am very optimistically (read: foolishly) holding out hope for a flesh eater courts updated battletome (probably no new models though) and a soulblight update with a battletome, plastic vampire lord + blood knights and a unit of vampire thralls.

For now, I think: No and No . I'd be really surprised. FEC is OK as it is and vampires have been covered by LoN. I think that we are done with death actually. But given what we've got this year, I (absolutely) won't complain. I'm super happy.

11 hours ago, Swooper said:

I don't suppose you have any more details on this supposed beastman release, @LLV? I'll take any scrap of info you have to share! ?

Don't get your hopes up. There was a supposed skaven release as well right after AOS2, but the rumour engine does not point towards it at all as far I can tell. I think releases get pushed further frequently.