The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Wasn't there a dogs of war unit years ago that had mixed race skeletons?

Yup! It was awesome, dwarfs elfs orcs, and I think I remember lizardmen and/or skaven as well? That set is still crazy expensive on ebay. 

They even got a mention in the first end time book I think. Coming to the rescue of an besieged empire army before disappearing into the forests. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonstone said:

Not really expecting anyone to believe me at this point, but it was hinted to me that undead Orruks and Skaven would be a thing....

I believe in you dude.

You come in drop a low key rumour with no fuss. I like your style.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Captain Marius said:

The rumours ive read (on this site!) have suggested new zombies and a new black coach. My own bet would be for plastic bloodknights at least/last, and hopefully new bat swarms, fell bats and soulblight heroes. Alongside any brand new stuff.

If all that forms the basis of Nagash's Legions, there's plenty of room for Flesh Eater Courts and brand new factions to exist alongside them!

Judging by the recent releases, I wouldn't count on that.  GW has shown tendencies not to refresh old models but rather phase them out or leaf them as they are, just with a new box. And new races tend to loss all old models - especially if those are still in finecast. 

8 hours ago, firebat said:

None of which prevents my speculation from being possible. If they'd captured slaanesh before she reappeared you might have a point.

So...Morathi is locked up with Slaanesh inside her, and they just never noticed the Morathi part? The hard truth is your speculation is one of the few things in setting that AREN'T possible.

2 minutes ago, BURF1 said:

So...Morathi is locked up with Slaanesh inside her, and they just never noticed the Morathi part? The hard truth is your speculation is one of the few things in setting that AREN'T possible.

lol whats with the attitude? It's not that complicated. Morathi comes back and is the perfect hiding place for Slaanesh since she's been his most devoted acolyte since she first popped up and is pretty much his avatar of corruption being responsible for inserting that wedge into the Elves in the first place. But why wouldn't Slaanesh, a god where one of his primary attributes is corrupting personal experience, want a more hands on role in that experience and playing those political games? So Morathi mysteriously is still around but somehow changed happily skips along with Malerion to join Sigmars grand alliance, the perfect place for him to work his own corruption right at the heart of the realm that has been locked off from his brothers. This is until Tzeentch decided to tip off Malarion and Tyrion at which point they threw a bag over her head and ran off wondering what to do with her.

You seem to have missed the whole point that she's the disguise, the hidden lair. They're supposed to notice her since she's been there all along. It's what was hidden inside her that they didn't know was there. It's probably not the case but it's totally possible.

2 hours ago, Sete said:

I believe in you dude.

You come in drop a low key rumour with no fuss. I like your style.

I imagine that if and it is  a big if there would be i.e Orruk skeletons that their statline would be quite different than a pesky "human" skeleton. Imo, I don't see it happen as a new plastic set that makes Orruks, Skaven, Aelf and .... skeleton  would mean a lot of different plastic sprues if you want some diversity. What maybe will happen in the future is a Warhammer Underworlds mixed skeleton warband or a lone orruk wight character.

36 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I imagine that if and it is  a big if there would be i.e Orruk skeletons that their statline would be quite different than a pesky "human" skeleton. Imo, I don't see it happen as a new plastic set that makes Orruks, Skaven, Aelf and .... skeleton  would mean a lot of different plastic sprues if you want some diversity. What maybe will happen in the future is a Warhammer Underworlds mixed skeleton warband or a lone orruk wight character.

With respect I don't see why it would, most plastic these day are more akin to individual character models with like one/two parts that can interchanged. No reason a new Skeleton kit couldn't have different types of Skeleton's on based of that, because all the individual models have no need to be interchangeable if you assume GW will keep following a similar design process with said hypothetical kit.

58 minutes ago, Praetor of Calth said:

With respect I don't see why it would, most plastic these day are more akin to individual character models with like one/two parts that can interchanged. No reason a new Skeleton kit couldn't have different types of Skeleton's on based of that, because all the individual models have no need to be interchangeable if you assume GW will keep following a similar design process with said hypothetical kit.

Yes, but the amount of base bodies needs to be divided by the amount of different races that would be included in the set. Ofcourse everything is possible, but as most GW unit plastic sets have a fixed sized and mostly each sprue is duplicated once. It means that there will be more clones for each available body. Anyway I can't imagine that releasing such a set is a high priority for GW.

Lots of exciting developments, and a fairly loyal fanbase keen to see how the story progresses, what miniatures are in store for the destroyed-revamped-superexciting-setting. And still all we really get is a hand...

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to give a toss about AoS these days, even with the Malign Portents and the enlightening sneak peaks.

Next weeks rumour engine:

2314803134_9200633617.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Bloodmaster said:

Judging by the recent releases, I wouldn't count on that.  GW has shown tendencies not to refresh old models but rather phase them out or leaf them as they are, just with a new box. And new races tend to loss all old models - especially if those are still in finecast. 

If possible, all new models for all new factions or subfactions seems to be the trend of recent times, but I would not count on it holding up.

I think we need to remember that the developement of the larger releases takes a looong time (3 years tends to get tossed around). This means, most minis we see currently/the last two years saw most of their developement under "old" GW. Since the leadership changed, we saw massive shifts in policy in almost all aspects of GWs business. But we are still waiting to see how the developement cycle has changed. Not updating any old faction or kit may have been the plan once, but I think the non-miniature support for old kit factions and the MP harbingers, whom, as a small line, may have been developed much faster and mostly support "old" factions, indicate this is propably no longer the long term intention.

6 hours ago, Rogue Explorator said:

If possible, all new models for all new factions or subfactions seems to be the trend of recent times, but I would not count on it holding up.

I think we need to remember that the developement of the larger releases takes a looong time (3 years tends to get tossed around). This means, most minis we see currently/the last two years saw most of their developement under "old" GW. Since the leadership changed, we saw massive shifts in policy in almost all aspects of GWs business. But we are still waiting to see how the developement cycle has changed. Not updating any old faction or kit may have been the plan once, but I think the non-miniature support for old kit factions and the MP harbingers, whom, as a small line, may have been developed much faster and mostly support "old" factions, indicate this is propably no longer the long term intention.

Actually I would agree for 40k. With AoS there is a hugh gap after the Skydwarfs, which points to a reassessing and change in the development and direction of the game, especially the background. But still, I would say that AoS is seen as an open playing field, where old concepts are developed in new directions and genuinely new ideas are developed.  GW, even the new management, knows that to sell kits they can't simply revamp and repeat old lines over and over again, we see this with the change from dwarfmarines to primaris. 

Concerning the development cycles, GW upped the production capacities significantly as well as the manpower of the design- and rules teams. As long as there are no powershortages, the could potential pumpe out new releases and fractions as they deem fit.

15 hours ago, Tonhel said:

imagine that if and it is  a big if there would be i.e Orruk skeletons that their statline would be quite different than a pesky "human" skeleton. Imo, I don't see it happen as a new plastic set that makes Orruks, Skaven, Aelf and .... skeleton  would mean a lot of different plastic sprues if you want some diversity

I get what your coming from but:
a. a difference in statline is all down to how you explain it. I would explain as, the skeletons are moving due to the magic power of the lord/general/realm, the type of bones don't affect that. So that could be easily circumvented 
b. GW has surprised me a lot with the quality of recent kits. They don't have to every race of course, so in a box of twenty 12 humanoids, 2 skaven, 2 orcs, 2 dwarfs, 2 ogors? Maybe a spare head, arm, gives a little bit of variation. The Kairic acolytes kit is on of the best sets I bought in a long time but.... even there in a box of 20 there are only about 6-8 diffent body poses the rest is all down to arms heads etc. 

All that said, I also don't see it happening as it seems hard to still make it look threatening and not goofy. And given the recent art work and the death herald, i'm setting my bets on a very grim style for death.

Also suddenly remembered the name of the dogs of war regiment: the cursed company of Richter Kreugar

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor warhammer undead dogs of war

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Kronos said:

Lots of exciting developments, and a fairly loyal fanbase keen to see how the story progresses, what miniatures are in store for the destroyed-revamped-superexciting-setting. And still all we really get is a hand...

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to give a toss about AoS these days, even with the Malign Portents and the enlightening sneak peaks.

Next weeks rumour engine:

2314803134_9200633617.jpg

New handcast confirmed!?

''the palm of Sigmar''

• Haha 7

12 hours ago, Bloodmaster said:

Actually I would agree for 40k. With AoS there is a hugh gap after the Skydwarfs, which points to a reassessing and change in the development and direction of the game, especially the background. But still, I would say that AoS is seen as an open playing field, where old concepts are developed in new directions and genuinely new ideas are developed.  GW, even the new management, knows that to sell kits they can't simply revamp and repeat old lines over and over again, we see this with the change from dwarfmarines to primaris. 

Concerning the development cycles, GW upped the production capacities significantly as well as the manpower of the design- and rules teams. As long as there are no powershortages, the could potential pumpe out new releases and fractions as they deem fit.

Don't forget the  number of kits that are redone but with a bunch or new options: Rubric Marines, Beast of Nurgle, GUO, Plague Marines, Ahriman, They still release updated versions of old kits, they just give them new stuff.

9 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

So, anyone placing bets on how long before we see full Fungoid and Darkoath factions?

I'm genuinely interested on this.  It could be part of malign portents but they could also be showing off releases for future years like how silver tower also had weird grots and DarkOath 

• Like 1

Awesome ! 

https://lasvegasopen.squarespace.com/blog/2017/12/22/seminars-at-the-lvo-2018

"Thursday, January 25th: Games Workshop Studio Preview

8:00pm. Pete and Andy will deliver a now legendary studio preview, which as always will feature a first look at a range of exciting upcoming releases as well as an opportunity for a Q&A session."

Better be some MP news in here ;) !!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2