The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Kramer said:

Haha just wait untill it’s in the pictures in the Battletome like the Skaven poisoned wind globadier 😂

Yeah, or do you still remember the time when, one of the malign short story’s told a tale of a certain deathrunner (the Model from silver tower one of the newest skaven models) which was right after the book came out discontinued and never to be used again.

Ah all those fantastic looking skaven models, being discontinued, for no reason, it still haunts me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Yeah, or do you still remember the time when, one of the malign short story’s told a tale of a certain deathrunner (the Model from silver tower one of the newest skaven models) which was right after the book came out discontinued and never to be used again.

Ah all those fantastic looking skaven models, being discontinued, for no reason, it still haunts me

I suspect the Silver Tower casualties will return some day

50 minutes ago, JPjr said:

@IneptusAstartes pretty pretty sure it's just the big head with an axe in it from the Shattered Dominion objectives marker set. They talk in one of the Stormcast shows about how the team have been busy building lots of scenery from bits and pieces for the army photos, like you can see a bit of an Umbral Spell Portal just to its left.

Ah, that makes sense, thanks.

My guess is that GW doesn't view Slaanesh as big sellers, but figured that the "double dipping" of Daemons into 40K made that side of Slaanesh viable. Mortals would be AoS-only, and would pretty much have to be built from ground-up.

I think when comparing to the other three chaos gods, I can see the disappointment. However, when you consider that Beasts players still have to use those terribad Centigors, Skaven's model range is still a mess, FEC still have a terrible Vargulf and no specific Courtuier models, and the tiny Fyreslayers range got diddly-squat added to it, you have to consider that it could have been a lot worse.

Next question is... Will Seraphon get new/replacement models with their rumoured upcoming tome? Given the Skaven situation, I guess we will still be seeing those abominable Saurus Knights for a few years yet...

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

GW only has so much they can invest and produce in a year and there is no way they could give all AoS armies the attention they need in one year. The best the ycan do is get them all with a Battletome - get them all to a state where the customer can choose which army they want to play. Get all the armies up to selling well and supported officially and then, over time, steadily update each one. 

• Like 2

Also if GW viewed Slaanesh as poor sellers they'd not have invested in multiple hero models for the range. Each hero that is unique is a 1 sale per customer and in plastic that means a LONG time before it makes back its investment. Furthermore even regular hero units are going to sell in small numbers, two perhaps three in very limited cases (and I'd wager people who own things like 3 Infernals only do so because of the other stuff in the Wrath and Rapture boxed set deal). 

If GW viewed the army as a poor potential seller then they'd have either invested nothing, the utter minimum (herald on foot and keeper) or possibly in troops (far more potential for multiple sales per customer - thus a faster recouping of investment). 

Indeed that they gave slaanesh so many new leaders shows that they feel its a very strong faction and one they want to seriously support long term. 

30 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

My guess is that GW doesn't view Slaanesh as big sellers, but figured that the "double dipping" of Daemons into 40K made that side of Slaanesh viable. Mortals would be AoS-only, and would pretty much have to be built from ground-up.

Tzaangors are 40k-legal though, it wouldn’t be that difficult.

29 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

Next question is... Will Seraphon get new/replacement models with their rumoured upcoming tome? Given the Skaven situation, I guess we will still be seeing those abominable Saurus Knights for a few years yet...

My guess and expectation is that we won't get anything apart from BT, endless spells, and terrain. Unless it's connected to a vs. box, which I don't think they'll do if the battletome drops before the summer. While new stuff would be nice, I'm more than content with new rules. If they fix stuff like Knights and give Saurus-based armies a boost.

Seraphon are like Skaven - old but well rounded and well survived from the launch of AoS. Whilst new stuff would be nice much of it would be revamping what is already there so I can well see them easily passing over and going for new stuff in other armies. And that's fair - both those armies are big (by AoS standards) and they don't need new toys or tools to work as they've got pretty much everything including most of their war engines and siege gear. 

22 minutes ago, Overread said:

Seraphon are like Skaven - old but well rounded and well survived from the launch of AoS. Whilst new stuff would be nice much of it would be revamping what is already there so I can well see them easily passing over and going for new stuff in other armies. And that's fair - both those armies are big (by AoS standards) and they don't need new toys or tools to work as they've got pretty much everything including most of their war engines and siege gear. 

We would actually just like our toys to be made of plastic.

• Like 2

Okay in an attempt to get this pity fest about who has the worst range of models (obviously troggoths)... ;) 

did anyone see the twitch stream yesterday in did they perhaps announce the contents of next weeks shows? Still  waiting on the duardin focused episode. 

Seraphon have got pretty much every mini they need but the variety in quality is huge. The Saurus and the Saurus Knights are particularly poor by modern standards. Some new plastic kits would make me mighty tempted to start an army but there will probably just be terrain and endless spells. 

By the way Tom on warhammer weekly was saying that they might be the next battletome coming in May,  with Slyvaneth in June. 

• Like 2

Slaanesh is the smallest mono-chaos God book, that's for sure. The mortals not being there feel like a missed opportunity, but this release does tie you over for a couple of years I suppose. 

I was a bit let down that the FEC only got a single hero, spells and terrain. but then I remembered how much work I still have with all my nighthaunt, Legions of Nagash and shadespite... And warcry is going to be added to the mix. So, my initial sadness of "not that many releases" oddly made way for being happy that the FEC feel quite "complete" for a change. After a bit of that sinking in, I was actually quite pleased. 

I'm just not sure how well the hedonite rules will interact with slaves to darkness (who will surely be getting an update soon). Jess (on Stormcast) essentially said the focus would shift back a bit to chaos after all this death stuff. 

There's just one thing that worried me about the Twitch stream yesterday with Ben Johnson. He didn't want to disclose to much, but at some point, he did mention that the hedonites book is limited to the warscrolls that are in said book (a bit like Legions of Nagash is limited to the 33 warscrolls in their book). 

That being said, they did expand that list (for LoN) through a FAQ with more warscrolls after the nighthaunt release drops. Perhaps something similar can happen here. 

13 minutes ago, Overread said:

I've a feeling that Warcry and Slaves to Darkness will give Slaanesh players enough mortals to play with for a long while yet! 

I don't want undivided folks, I want the pierced fellas shown on the KoS art.

• Like 1

I am very curious what has happened with the Darkoath release.  Every other Malign Portents herald has gotten tons of new stuff, meanwhile aside from the Shadespire warband which was shown off back in November 18 (maybe earlier than that even) there isn't even a whisper of these guys.

And, now I am wondering how the Darkoath release fits with Warcry.  Is Warcry a de facto replacement? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Austin said:

I am very curious what has happened with the Darkoath release.  Every other Malign Portents herald has gotten tons of new stuff, meanwhile aside from the Shadespire warband which was shown off back in November 18 (maybe earlier than that even) there isn't even a whisper of these guys.

And, now I am wondering how the Darkoath release fits with Warcry.  Is Warcry a de facto replacement? 

I don't think Warcry is a replacement for Darkoath. We might not see a slaves to Darkness book until next year though. I do think the warcry minis may have come from the designers experimenting with new units for a Slaves to Darkness range.

20 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I don't think Warcry is a replacement for Darkoath. We might not see a slaves to Darkness book until next year though. I do think the warcry minis may have come from the designers experimenting with new units for a Slaves to Darkness range.

Yeah I think a number of things are possible. I guess what I’m also saying/asking is do you think that was the initial plan? Release four heralds, and leave one army undone for 2 years? Seems odd. 

Edit

All these upcoming previews will definitely give us a good idea, but on the latest podcast I thought I heard Bickham  say Chaos was basically wrapped up for a bit. 

Edited by Austin