The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Ironbreaker said:

Perhaps it's a line of Citadel Quick Shades?

that's what I thought so you can just "dip" your models. Should improve the painting speed for hordes by a huge lot.
Also the first dip is going to be Agrax Earthshade dip anyway, since you can never have enough Agrax XD

2 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

I don't see them releasing a messy product like the quick shade. At least not advertised as a dipping product.

After reading the last few posts and enjoying the video, I can see them doing it. The brand name of "Contrast" in this context does suggest they have developed a paint range which you can add a wash to. Whenever I have used a dipping product in the past, I have always used a brush as it's less messy and you get more control with where the dip goes. You can even do mini effects by using more of the dip in certain areas (bit like with washes or glazes but thicker). 

It's almost the holy grail of painting as anything which lets people get models painted quickly is great. I suspect the range will let you put stuff out very quickly and then you can add to it to make it look better.

It will be very interesting how commission painting will be effected by this but I suspect it won't take much of a hit.

Anyway it's what, two and a half weeks until we find out (and see more cool stuff)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Inquisitorsz said:

"Overheard at adepticon that well known painters have been working with GW to help create the new paints and some of them will be new formula washes that act more like acryllic pin washes and leave no staining on flat surfaces."

The last part is likely what the "CONTRAST" refers too. New pin washes which we would be ideal for space marines and other armor plating. Less useful for stuff like wood or hair or skin though.  

This as a dip - If it can really not leave any residue on the flat surfaces -Would be pretty revolutionary are colouring stuff quickly.

The army painter generic vanish dip is pretty bad though. I wouldn't want to use that kind of thing on any Warhammer models.

Edited by Riavan

Storytime with Slaanesh today - and some great new artwork too

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/24/slaanesh-the-lore/

This pretty much confirms that the Prince and Herald are a unique character so that means regular demon princes might still be on the table; in addition the twins with the mirror appear to be normal not named, which is an interesting twist! 

• LOVE IT! 1

Really like the art and background for the new daemon characters. Syll'Esske is interesting, from slave and patron herald to prince and daemonic consort to symbiotic entity. It's a bit like the old WHFB Storm of Chaos background about Styrkaar. Good creepy art with Esske staring right out at you.

The illustration of Shalaxi Hellbane straddling that bloodthirster and stymying its blows with their claws/shield/tail/dress is brilliant. Character-killer/duellist is a pretty well-worn trope but tying it specifically to killing bloodthirsters is cool as heck.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, shinros said:

Also there are rumblings on facebook that our chaos lord on foot and mount are gone. Waiting on confirmation.

It's still for sale on the GW UK website but it has gone off sale on some others. Now its box and art are still all metal so it could be its being repackaged with new art and round bases, however it could also be being brought off sale - the only ones who know are GW. 

That said we also don't know about the herald in finecast and the chaos lord (also metal). Right now we only know for certain that the Masque and Keeper will be gone (Keeper is already gone from the UK) since they have replacement models.

If GW hasn't got some means of getting a new herald then the herald will remain; the two lord options though have a big question mark over their heads. So if you want either might be best to grab one now. 

22 hours ago, Hyperkinako said:

Don't think anyone posted this yet, but over on Faeit they are rumoring new AOS terrain coming with Forbidden Power

Sigmarite Dias

Fallen Statues

Shattered Temple

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2019/04/leak-new-terrain-coming-spotted-from-us.html

No they are not.

They are regurgitating another individual that brought data's rumour.

4 hours ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

No they are not.

They are regurgitating another individual that brought data's rumour.

... What?

So yeah they are reporting on a rumour.

I think it's about time we get some solid terrain options. I just want aos themed smaller sized buildings and walls. Things like the musoleum seem too death themed and the warscryer tower thing was way too huge.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Overread said:

It's still for sale on the GW UK website but it has gone off sale on some others. Now its box and art are still all metal so it could be its being repackaged with new art and round bases, however it could also be being brought off sale - the only ones who know are GW. 

That said we also don't know about the herald in finecast and the chaos lord (also metal). Right now we only know for certain that the Masque and Keeper will be gone (Keeper is already gone from the UK) since they have replacement models.

If GW hasn't got some means of getting a new herald then the herald will remain; the two lord options though have a big question mark over their heads. So if you want either might be best to grab one now. 

The Lord on Daemonic mount was shown in new art work, so I'd have hard time believing it's gone. It probably is just repackaging with bases. Hopefully they at least go as far as they did with the skaven and ship everything with round bases and keep doing that going forward. I don't think we've had an army that still had square bases come out since skaven, so it's hard to say if that's going to be something that always happens.

1 minute ago, bsharitt said:

The Lord on Daemonic mount was shown in new art work, so I'd have hard time believing it's gone. It probably is just repackaging with bases. Hopefully they at least go as far as they did with the skaven and ship everything with round bases and keep doing that going forward. I don't think we've had an army that still had square bases come out since skaven, so it's hard to say if that's going to be something that always happens.

Artwork is no protection though - and they specifically said it wasn't in the book which means the model has no reason to remain. As its metal - a material GW is moving away from - it has a high chance of being removed.

I'm aware skaven sitll have a lot of metal, but all those models were kept in the faction and I think if GW retired that many skaven models in one go there would have been a skaven related riot on their hands. 

24 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

The artwork is not new, it's from the realmgate wars so it's quite old. Watching the stream again they said if you are interested in mortals "just buy the book."  They reduced the foot and mount lord to generic slaves to darkness. They said on stream they are not in the battletome, so it's likely they are getting the axe. 

Honestly I am just going to spend my hard earned overtime money from Easter on another army. I'm not buying chaos warriors anymore, been doing it for 10+ years. The battletome seems more like a daemon/slaves to darkness battletome. 

This is  from the slaanesh thread.
- MORTAL LORDS OF SLAANESH ARE NOT in battletome. Neither foot nor mounted. 
- Still thinking over what to do with mortals - distinct possibility Slaanesh will be the first Chaos god with a separate book for their mortals.

So on the mortal side, don't expect anything. It will be awhile before we see human slaanesh worshippers. Also as Overread said if you want those two lords buy them now, since on stream when asked about them they said "are they still on sale?" So they are most likely getting the axe. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Bough Centigors from Warhammer world and got square bases, also Dragon Ogors...

2 minutes ago, xking said:

Whoa, You so disappointed that you changed your face. 

Yup. That disappointed. Going to spend my slaanesh money on Daughters of Khaine instead. What really put the nail in the coffin was what they did to our unique chaos lords that tipped me over. Now I am just trying to move on and do another army that had my interest. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 1

Feel kind of terrible that they used that specific artwork of the Slaanesh chaos lord for the Slaanesh preview when that specific model is being discontinued on release.

I am guessing that Warhammer community staff are not always in the known about upcoming releases and GW plans. it was kind of similar to the time they showcase the Orruk warboss as a good ally piece but then the range got discontinued

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, novakai said:

Feel kind of terrible that they used that specific artwork of the Slaanesh chaos lord for the Slaanesh preview when that specific model is being discontinued on release

Haha just wait untill it’s in the pictures in the Battletome like the Skaven poisoned wind globadier 😂

2 hours ago, novakai said:

I am guessing that Warhammer community staff are not always in the known about upcoming releases and GW plans. it was kind of similar to the time they showcase the Orruk warboss as a good ally piece but then the range got discontinued

This is probably right. It’s unacceptable imo.