The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Walrustaco said:

£85 for the keeper? ****** sake. The GUO is bad enough over the 70 of the BT and LoC. Why the increase? 

It might be more complex than the others - all those thin connection points and flowing cloth could actually be more difficult to cast and might even risk the mould wearing out faster. So whilst it might not have as much raw material inside it, the complexity could mean its projected casting span is shorter than some others. It could also be that its complexity means it has more parts and thus could have quite a large sprue - heck the Enrapturess is quite complex for a Warhammer model and has a lot of thin/fine parts in plastic. 

57 minutes ago, Overread said:

It might be more complex than the others - all those thin connection points and flowing cloth could actually be more difficult to cast and might even risk the mould wearing out faster. So whilst it might not have as much raw material inside it, the complexity could mean its projected casting span is shorter than some others. It could also be that its complexity means it has more parts and thus could have quite a large sprue - heck the Enrapturess is quite complex for a Warhammer model and has a lot of thin/fine parts in plastic. 

Good pricing models are more nuanced that just calculating the cost and then adding in a predetermined net profit.  It's difficult to say exactly why something is more expensive than another thing.  But I would be shocked if GW isn't considering the demand for this model, or if they haven't forecasted expected sales for the kit, both of which have significant impact on determining price.  Given how highly anticipated this model is, I think it's definitely likely the increased demand is a major factor here too.  That's not to say cost isn't going to be a factor at all, but GW has done a really good job at cutting costs over the years and streamlining their production.

GW have stated in their financial report that their intention regarding prices is to keep the price of their back catalogue but to increase the price of new releases in line with inflation.  Its not great but if you keep this in mind when new releases come along you are less likely to be surprised. 

Also GW is having trouble  keeping stuff in stock recently. A standard solution to that problem is to increase prices. 

Edited by Chikout

1 hour ago, Overread said:

The hurdles so many of you jump through to explain GW's greed is baffling.  I can tell you all right now why they raise prices, and it has nothing to do with costs or inflation:  It's because they can, because people will buy it, and because they're too dumb to realize how many of us have switched to equal-in-quality recasters.

It's the same reason new models/battletomes are being released that make new factions generally way more powerful than the older factions people already own.  P2W

Edited by HashtagTheTruth
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, HashtagTheTruth said:

The hurdles so many of you jump through to explain GW's greed is baffling.  I can tell you all right now why they raise prices, and it has nothing to do with costs or inflation:  It's because they can, because people will buy it, and because they're too dumb to realize how many of us have switched to equal-in-quality recasters.

It's the same reason new models/battletomes are being released that make new factions generally way more powerful than the older factions people already own.  P2W

I mean it's simple economics at the end of the day, right?

Supply vs Demand.

I would like to know their profit margins and their own analyses of price elasticity demand but to know such things would require being part of their internal management.

We can only speculate.

At the end of the day I suspect there are a substantial amount of cashed up 20 something and 30 something year olds who don't care how much the models cost. Those kids who grew up with white dwarf in the 80's and 90's, the typical nerds, who now make big money in IT, finance, or any other field where being nerdy helps you earn big.

Edit: I'm basically describing 'whales' in the last paragraph. I bet there are a lot of whales who like the models GW and FW make.

Edited by 123lac
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ravinsild said:

Oh well jokes on me. I honestly don't know what Slaanesh looks like, he looked human enough to me. 

That's the weird thing about him, I think it fits that the slaanesh daemon prince appears "human". It's my favourite model of the bunch, anyway I've calmed down I will just play with my collection until war cry. I suspect one of the warbands are mortal slaanesh worshippers and they will bolt them onto our battletome. It looks like the models from warcry will be similar to necromunda in terms of weapon options going by the current revealed warband. *still hoping for new mortals this release.* 

1 hour ago, Carnelian said:

I feel very confident that the warcry models are not linked to specific gods (but I can't remember why I think that) 

I think it was in one of the articles or previews. The warbands are a way to expand the easthetic of chaos beyond the God specific warriors. Which I think is great.

Allthough I suspect the various warbands might fit in with one of te Gods more than the others. The previewed warband with the red armour look a bit khornate, but could fit nurgle, tzeentch and slaanesh with a different paint job. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, shinros said:

I just noticed something, where are the mortal chaos lords? They're not in the picture. *hope meter rising.*
57530978_2389572944426878_20176872752986

Don't fool yourself, sadly this release is as empty as it looks.

Yesterday I had the same thought, "Hey boobworm's been showing lately some articles but no new sculpt was teased nor it's on the filtered releases, maybe there is a chance for something...". Then I realized that I better keep my hopes low so it does not breaks my will to keep collecting.

Been trought this already with Slaanesh and GW back in the end of times. I feel like we've been always second class citizens compared to the other gods.

• Confused 2

I think will wait a few weeks for the dust to settle, and if there are indeed no new Slaanesh mortals on the horizon i will probably trade my Slaanesh half from Wrath and Rapture for another Khorne half.

I personally don't like the head options for the Keeper of secrets, would have loved at least one more monstrous/demonic. 

When it comes to the chaos gods, mortals armies always are a preference to me as they look better and you can individualize them to not look like a clone army.

So if there were  new mortals i would have to buy them and a few extra demons for summoning.

I guess my wallet might take a break for the time being, which is certainly most welcome. xD

8 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Are you sure because I’m still waiting for that skaven model release😂

Let me rephrase: I feel like we've been always second class citizens compared to the other 3 great gods because I do not recognize filthy horned rats as chaos god.

🤗

Jokes aside, yes indeed you are right ratbois are second to third class citizens too. You better start collecting Stormcast Eternals or Khorne!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Goorie said:

Don't fool yourself, sadly this release is as empty as it looks.

Empty? How is 7 new units (including the enrapturess and new fiends), endless spells, terrain and a battletome empty? No mortals sucks big time but don't kid yourself this is by no means an empty release.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Honestly its only empty for those who only want to build a mortal army without using Slaves to Darkness models. For any straight Slaanesh Demon players or even those using them as support its a fantastic release. GW has also chosen to do all the leaders and heroes which is very expensive for them. All those one and two sales models - heck even the great keeper might only sell twice to many gamers (heck I've seen a lot of skaven armies with just one verminlord model - people just counts-as or magnetize the arms to change it around)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Overread said:

Honestly its only empty for those who only want to build a mortal army without using Slaves to Darkness models. For any straight Slaanesh Demon players or even those using them as support its a fantastic release. GW has also chosen to do all the leaders and heroes which is very expensive for them. All those one and two sales models - heck even the great keeper might only sell twice to many gamers (heck I've seen a lot of skaven armies with just one verminlord model - people just counts-as or magnetize the arms to change it around)

It's an amazing release, despite my opinions on the KOS price. 

Verminlords are also not £85. I'm personally very glad that my stonehorns/thundertusks were only £36 for a 320-420 point model. 

15 minutes ago, Goorie said:

Let me rephrase: I feel like we've been always second class citizens compared to the other 3 great gods because I do not recognize filthy horned rats as chaos god.

🤗

Jokes aside, yes indeed you are right ratbois are second to third class citizens too. You better start collecting Stormcast Eternals or Khorne!

Well firstly we all know that the great horned rat is the only true chaos god, everybody who thinks else is just fooling themselves(😜)

And secondly why should I ever start anything traitorous like the poster-things, clearly this guys are dead-Dead soon! 

Yes-yes beware of the danger beneath.

As For the mad-things, I’m missing all the explosion of glorious cannons and weapon teams.

And I would never betray my Kind only the skaven are true children of chaos.

Also where are we right now?,

I’m a bit lost in all those glorious plotted plans I have in my head 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2