The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

To answer your question - yes it's unrealistic.

Given the way GW operates, the amount of armies that will get a Gloomspite-level release are few and far between.

So while you might think that your own beloved army needs the super, extra-effort release treatment, the reality is that tons of other armies (even brand-new armies that we haven't ever seen before) need it just has much.

From GW army releases, you expect the minimum.  Anything extra is just that - extra.

Well I disagree, its not unrealistic at all. In light of the other chaos gods. 

6 minutes ago, Aryann said:

I'd be happy to see that for AoS. Still waiting for precedent. It would help a lot to make quick updates when needed or to fill the gaps f.e. to give a wizard model to factions that have none or one since magic is crucial in age of endless spells. 

We got rules for the Infernal Enwrapturess in the Wrath and Rapture. In fact barring Flesh Eaters and Skaven all the duel boxes have added models without a Battletome/codex release. 

24 minutes ago, shinros said:

I mean, I'm sure Flesh Eater Courts players expected a bigger release.  I'm sure Fyreslayers players expected a bigger release.

GW is in a big rush to get as many 2e books out as possible.  It's unlikely that every single army will get this huge release.

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but Tzeentch and Nurgle didn't get these huge multi-kit releases all at the same time.  Khorne did, sure, because early on during first edition, they were billed as the main enemies of Stormcasts, and so their kit releases were comparable.  For a while.  Kinda.  Armies like Nurgle have a large pool of models, but they got that staggered out over a little g period if time.

So again, while I would not have been surprised if Slaanesh got a huge release, I am equally bot surprised that their release is fairly tame.

I think you are confusing what you actually want (a huge release) with what is actually reasonable (a bare bones release)

Edited by mikethefish
  • Like 3

I think really it a lack of non-hero units for this release in general. 

So far the only new units that where release for Slaanesh where the Fiends (resculpt but essentially in a new format)  and the twins with the mirror ( not confirm). 

Heroes are good and all but people don’t tend to buy boat load copies of the same heroes And especially not more then one named hero for their army ( unless there those cash grab  three greater daemon battalion like Trice befoulment and council of blood) also unit are more representative of your army being the bulk of the force then heroes

• Thanks 2

We'd all love every army to get a huge release - updated old models - new concepts, new ideas, new subforces etc... Most of us would 

Just now, novakai said:

I think really it a lack of non-hero units for this release in general. 

So far the only new units that where release for Slaanesh where the Fiends (resculpt but essentially in a new format)  and the twins with the mirror ( not confirm). 

Heroes are good and all but people don’t tend to buy boat load copies of the same heroes And especially not more then one named hero for their army ( unless there those cash grab  three greater daemon battalion like Trice befoulment and council of blood) also unit are more representative of your army being the bulk of the force then heroes

This actually makes it a very big release from GW's end because it means they've tooled up a lot of high investment items that will make a return slower than if they'd done a lot of troops. So whilst we don't have many troops, GW have front loaded it with a LOT of very high end stuff. If you glance at a lot of other armies they got the opposite treatment - troops and few leaders. Heck Daughters of Khaine are pulling most of their leaders out of a single old kit! 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Overread said:

We got rules for the Infernal Enwrapturess in the Wrath and Rapture. In fact barring Flesh Eaters and Skaven all the duel boxes have added models without a Battletome/codex release. 

Dual boxes introducing new models were soon followed by battletomes in matter of weeks. Just not sure if all of them were. 

16 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

I mean, I'm sure Flesh Eater Courts players expected a bigger release.  I'm sure Fyreslayers players expected a bigger release.

GW is in a big rush to get as many 2e books out as possible.  It's unlikely that every single army will get this huge release.

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but Tzeentch and Nurgle didn't get these huge multi-kit releases all at the same time.  Khorne did, sure, because early on during first edition, they were billed as the main enemies of Stormcasts, and so their kit releases were comparable.  For a while.  Kinda.  Armies like Nurgle have a large pool of models, but they got that staggered out over a little g period if time.

So again, while I would not have been surprised if Slaanesh got a huge release, I am equally bot surprised that their release is fairly tame.

I think you are confusing what you actually want (a huge release) with what is actually reasonable (a bare bones release)

Tzeentch and Nurgle got pretty big releases, in one hit. Tzeentch got the Acolytes, the Tzaangor (technically were released as a 40k option earlier, but released again in their AoS version), the Tzaangor Shaman, the Tzaangor Enlightened, the Lord of Change, the Changeling, and the Gaunt Summoner and Ogroid Thaumaturge rereleased separately from Silver Tower. Maggotkin got the Great Unclean One, the Lord of Blights, the Pusgoyles, the Beast of Nurgle, 2 different heralds, the tree and the seperate release of Slimux.  That’s on top of all the stuff Nurgle got in the End Times (where Slaanesh got nothing).

Slaanesh is getting the KoS, Daemon Prince guy, mirror thing, Masque and the scenery and spells. It’s noticeably smaller. Again, no one has been asking for a huge release here. Personally I’d have been happy for just one new unit. Hell, swap it for the mirror thing. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Aryann said:

Dual boxes introducing new models were soon followed by battletomes in matter of weeks. Just not sure if all of them were. 

Genestealer Cults was 6 or more months later. 
Basically they are model releases without a Battletome/Codex at the same time. It doesn't really matter if there's weeks, months or years until the new tome; they establish that GW is full willing to release models without a new book. 

Of course best practice for them is to tie new models to a new book and that is oftne when they deliver the most; however they've always released stuff out of sync. In the past (pre Chapterhouse Court Case) GW would put rules for models in the book that they'd not made; in fact some never ever got made into models and the only way was to convert. Post the court case they've stopped that as it was only feeding the 3rd party companies in a big way and losing GW revenue and they couldn't stop the companies doing it. So now GW only puts in the book what they are going to sell when the book comes out (exception is sometimes there's a weeks delay when a range gets a 2 week release window). 

They get around that by just putting rules in the box for everything that comes after that isn't big enough or is too close to a recent book launch. It's great for us and for GW. 

11 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Tzeentch and Nurgle got pretty big releases, in one hit. Tzeentch got the Acolytes, the Tzaangor (technically were released as a 40k option earlier, but released again in their AoS version), the Tzaangor Shaman, the Tzaangor Enlightened, the Lord of Change, the Changeling, and the Gaunt Summoner and Ogroid Thaumaturge rereleased separately from Silver Tower. Maggotkin got the Great Unclean One, the Lord of Blights, the Pusgoyles, the Beast of Nurgle, 2 different heralds, the tree and the seperate release of Slimux.  That’s on top of all the stuff Nurgle got in the End Times (where Slaanesh got nothing).

Slaanesh is getting the KoS, Daemon Prince guy, mirror thing, Masque and the scenery and spells. It’s noticeably smaller. Again, no one has been asking for a huge release here. Personally I’d have been happy for just one new unit. Hell, swap it for the mirror thing. 

If that's the case about the other Chaos armies, then I stand corrected.

Make no mistake though - players interested I. Slaanesh expected a big release.  Coupled with some sort of Realm-shattering event, complete with Aelf army releases, etc etc.  Been listening to this chatter for weeks.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

If you say so? Funny though that I’m loosing almost every time against khorne and winning against every other army

Do tell! Maybe over in the Khorne section? I'm having a devil of a time getting Khorne demons to work.

Maybe is nothing but slanesh goes out and white dwarf has an article of the realm of shadows.... know what I mean?

And junes WD will be released later... they say a bigger gap between may and june so.... theres something big coming??

Edited by Hoseman

2 hours ago, shinros said:

Well, it just goes to show not all gods are created equal then. Which is par for the course with GW. Go ask any Dispossessed or Freepeoples player how they feel about every Stormcast release.

looks like they are releasing everything in one go so to make room for whatever is reveal on Warhammer fest

Edit: the Daemon prince character seems a bit pricy for a standard foot hero unless they bigger then the picture suggest they are

Edited by novakai

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

looks like they are releasing everything in one go so to make room for whatever is reveal on Warhammer fest

Edit: the Daemon prince character seems a bit pricy for a standard foot hero unless they bigger then the picture suggest they are

Seems they making them pricey because this release is most likely essentially heroes and most people will only buy one. 
For Euros and pounds. 

releaseseu.PNG

releases1.PNG

release2.PNG

If you zoom in you can see the second part. 

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, novakai said:

actually now that I think about it Syll'esske is two hero in one so I guess by that weird reasoning they are costed the same price as two heroes combined

Isn’t he a greater daemon? All Greater Daemons are 110$+ and similar sized things like Archaon, Allarielle, The Sigmar Prime guy and Eidolon. 🤷‍♂️

At least in American money usually 110-130$ 

3 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

Well, this is GW for you folks.

I strongly advise to switch to Stormcast. You will get a new Battletome every 2 week including 87 new models.

Not to mention that you will be included in every dual battlebox doesn't matter what topic.

Chaos gets it pretty good too. 

Death and destruction though...

29 minutes ago, novakai said:

I assume he is bigger than the normal sized character blisters.

29 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

Isn’t he a greater daemon? All Greater Daemons are 110$+ and similar sized things like Archaon, Allarielle, The Sigmar Prime guy and Eidolon. 🤷‍♂️

At least in American money usually 110-130$ 

He's a daemon prince, my guess is it costs more than usual because it's a bit bigger, comes with a buddy and is more detailed than the regular kind.

Surprised, but also pleased to see that they are releasing the Duel box stuff on its own too! Though a note for any after those models I'd start hunting for copies of Wrath and Rapture or split contents on ebay because I suspect that they will vanish FAST now that there's both a new tome and a high chance that the duel set is now out of production. Considering the khorne you get in the set its a very attractive deal and even if you only want one half you can likely easily trade/sell the other half. 

As for the prince its going to be a pretty large model even before you put the deamonette dancing on his spines.