The Rumour Thread

I skimmed through the podcast so I may have missed stuff, but it is mostly talking about them setting up a dedicated age of sigmar studio, and some of the ways they are thinking about the future in non specific terms. The only specific future release that got namechecked was Warcry. I want to go back and listen more carefully as it was quite interesting.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, michu said:

And now it's out.

According to this one of the MAIN rules writers over Age of Sigmar is Jervis Johnson! Which is extremely exciting because he's created the very best and most well balanced game Blood Bowl! So we are in very capable and great hands which is a relief to me. I'm glad it's such a reputable name over AoS. This is going to be an amazing game once everything has caught up and been sussed out, although I also currently think it is a great game right now too. 

Wow.. what happened here. Why all this crying ????

If we look back, the god themed armies always got their mortals from the slaves of darkness\Everchosen or former 8th edition chaos warriors.

And Slaves of Darkness and Everchoosen will get a new release in summer.

I guess we should wait until after this release before we call a release a disappointment.

The rules in HoS will be clearly be written for Slaneesh and you just slap a mark of Slaneesh on Slaves of Darkness mortals.

Has always been like that and will always be like that.

I don't get the big fuzz

Edited by Kurrilino
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kurrilino said:

Wow.. what happened here. Why all this crying ????

If we look back the god themed armies always got their mortals from the slaves of darkness\Everchosen or former 8th edition chaos warriors.

And Slaves of Darkness and Everchoosen will get a new release in summer.

I guess we should wait until after this release before we call a release a disappointment.

The rules in HoS will be clearly written for Slaneesh and you just slap a mark of Slaneesh on Slaves of Darkness mortals.

I don't get the big fuzz

Except for when it’s not been like that for the other 3 gods as repeatedly pointed out, you mean?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

Uhhhhh *looks at Bloodreavers, Blood Warriors, Mighty Bloodcrushers, Mighty Lord of Khorne (mounted and foot), Bloodsecrator, 3 flavours of Deathbringers, Slaughterpriest, Skullgrinder, Bloodstoker, Skullreapers, Wrathmongers, Skarr Bloodwrath, Valkia the Bloody, Curseling, Magister, Fatemaster, Ogroid Thaumaturge, Kairic Acolytes, Blightkings, Glottkin, Orghotts Daemonspew, Bloab Rotspawned, Morbidex Twiceborn, Lord of Afflictions, Festus the Leechlord, Harbinger of Decay, Sorcerer, Lord of Blights, Gutrot Spume, Lord of Plagues, Pusgoyle Blightlords*

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, relic456 said:

Uhhhhh *looks at Bloodreavers, Blood Warriors, Mighty Bloodcrushers, Mighty Lord of Khorne (mounted and foot), Bloodsecrator, 3 flavours of Deathbringers, Slaughterpriest, Skullgrinder, Bloodstoker, Skullreapers, Wrathmongers, Skarr Bloodwrath, Valkia the Bloody, Curseling, Magister, Fatemaster, Ogroid Thaumaturge, Kairic Acolytes, Blightkings, Glottkin, Orghotts Daemonspew, Bloab Rotspawned, Morbidex Twiceborn, Lord of Afflictions, Festus the Leechlord, Harbinger of Decay, Sorcerer, Lord of Blights, Gutrot Spume, Lord of Plagues, Pusgoyle Blightlords*

Well 90% of this stuff has already been in their armies since End of  Times 8th edition. Way before their books in AOS.

I bet HoS will include all of their cool stuff like the mirror prince and the boobie snakes and hell striders and so on.

I really wanted new mortals as well in the book. But i guess there will be a connection with the Slaves of Darkness, so let's wait

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

Well 90% of this stuff has already been in their armies since End of  Times 8th edition. Way before their books in AOS.

I bet HoS will include all of their cool stuff like the mirror prince and the boobie snakes and hell striders and so on.

I really wanted new mortals as well in the book. But i guess there will be a connection with the Slaves of Darkness, so let's wait

No where near 90% of that stuff was from the end times, and if anything that just means that Slaanesh has been waiting even longer to get similar releases to the other gods and still hasn’t got it. 

• Like 1

On the same topic of motals, I'd be glad to see StD to be an army capable of being marked for a chaos god and beeing able to synergize completly with the  other chaos batletomes units maked of the same god, WITHOUT any ally limitation.

Meaning for example:

- a nurgle StD army wit a GUO and a unit of Blighking pusgoyles or

- a StD with some units and big beasts of Beastmestmen battletome

- a StD army with the new keeper of secrets ans fiends 

...etc... This will make the StD/Evechoosen army UNIQUE in a sens that it can be build in whatever taste you want, without thinking "allies". That fits them a lot. (but unlikely -unfortunately- to happen)

Thanks for the heads up on that one @Still-young and @michu! From that lastest Stormcast podcast - Jes Bickham said the following on what the new dedicated Age of Sigmar studio is working on going forward: "...battletomes for every faction..." and specifically "...we will get around to all the existing factions."     !!!!Excellent!!!!

Go Team Handbook! *group hug/high five/chest bump of Wanderers, Dispossessed, Darkling Covens, Slaves to Darkness, Freepeoples, and Gutbusters*

For all of us who haven't received any battletome at all, there is hope! Fight on, my tome-less brothers and sisters!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Remember how the Aelves used to be divided on the website and when you looked at the Order factions there were like 40? Now it's been consolidated and all the Aelves are lumped together.

I don't know if it means anything, but the Order side of things looks well cleaned up. 

14 hours ago, Riavan said:

Everytime I think we are progressing into more well rounded people as a community, something minor happens like this and people act like babies. Check your outrage and whether it is really warranted - it really doesn't look good to others and may scare newcomers off from playing the game.

Yeah so slaneesh won't be as big army wise as the other four God's.  But it still has around the same amount of options as the new aos armies and more with the inclusion of slaves (and hopefully darkoath soon).

Everybody had this big expectation of what the Slaanesh release was going to be, mainly because they were missing from both shelves and the storyline for so long.

These are folks who haven't learned to manage their expectations, when it comes to GW.  Go easy on them.  It's a harsh lesson to learn. 

Perhaps Slaanesh and 40k Ork players can form some sort of support group or something.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

Everybody had this big expectation of what the Slaanesh release was going to be, mainly because they were missing from both shelves and the storyline for so long.

These are folks who haven't learned to manage their expectations, when it comes to GW.  Go easy on them.  It's a harsh lesson to learn. 

Perhaps Slaanesh and 40k Ork players can form some sort of support group or something.

Is it unrealistic to expect new mortals when they have given the other three gods new daemons and mortals? GW set the precedent, lets not forget how much slaanesh has been shafted compared to the other three gods. 

So it doesnt suprise me that people are upset, some are calling it a discount/half release. If there are no mortals to me this release is a dud and I will only get the tome for lore.

I am tired of the bulky and ugly STD models that dont match the aesthetic of slaanesh.

Edited by shinros
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

n the same topic of motals, I'd be glad to see StD to be an army capable of being marked for a chaos god and beeing able to synergize completly with the  other chaos batletomes units maked of the same god, WITHOUT any ally limitation

Unless I misunderstand you, you already can. 

You give the keywords before battle therefore when choosing your allegiance you can pick a keyword every unit has. So mark all STD Slaanesh and you have acces to the Slaanesh allegiance. 

Doesnt work the other way around (you can’t give rotbringers the slaves to darkness keyword) if that was what you meant. 

3 hours ago, Overread said:

They don't need to release a new book to release a new model - heck they are already saying new rules for the 40K side of these models are going in the boxes as opposed to in a new demons book for them. 

I'd be happy to see that for AoS. Still waiting for precedent. It would help a lot to make quick updates when needed or to fill the gaps f.e. to give a wizard model to factions that have none or one since magic is crucial in age of endless spells. 

5 minutes ago, shinros said:

Is it unrealistic to expect new mortals when they have given the other three gods new daemons and mortals? GW set the precedent, lets not forget how much slaanesh has been shafted compared to the other three gods. 

So it doesnt suprise me that people are upset, some are calling it a discount/half release. If there are no mortals to me this release is a dud and I will only get the tome for lore.

I am tired of the bulky and ugly STD models that dont match the aesthetic of slaanesh.

To answer your question - yes it's unrealistic.

Given the way GW operates, the amount of armies that will get a Gloomspite-level release are few and far between.

So while you might think that your own beloved army needs the super, extra-effort release treatment, the reality is that tons of other armies (even brand-new armies that we haven't ever seen before) need it just has much.

From GW army releases, you expect the minimum.  Anything extra is just that - extra.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Unless I misunderstand you, you already can. 

You give the keywords before battle therefore when choosing your allegiance you can pick a keyword every unit has. So mark all STD Slaanesh and you have acces to the Slaanesh allegiance. 

Doesnt work the other way around (you can’t give rotbringers the slaves to darkness keyword) if that was what you meant. 

I guess he /she meant it the other way around.

Playing all Nurgle Slaves of Darkness and add GUO or Glottkin without being allies