The Rumour Thread

Even if the new keeper of Secrets is beautiful, I wasn't completly convinced by it.

But when I saw Shalaxi Helbane, WOW, just WOW, AMAZING! Is it just me or this one is even more impressive than KoS? Playable also in both 40K and AoS. Maybe his color shame gives this impression. BTW, nice to know that it is a  multikit  big box.

SlaaneshPreview-Apr21-Shalaxi3jnce.jpg

• Like 2

I am very disappointed with this battletome. I have been waiting for years to collect a force of Slaanesh like those outings for Tzeentch, Khorne and Nurgle but the GW does not seem to have understood the enormous potential, a pity. I will not buy anything.

34 minutes ago, Still-young said:

1)People keep saying this, but Maggotkin got the Pusgoyles. They may just be mounted Blightkings, but I’d be happy with a unit of dismounted Hellstriders. 

2)Tzeentch also got Tzaangor, Tzaangor on discs, and a Tzaangor hero, which might not strictly be ‘mortal’, but they fulfil the same role of increasing the diversity of the basic troop options. 

1)yeah I forget they existed as well😅

2) I wasn’t sure if people also included Gors as mortals,  but good to know.

anyways I think Slaanesh has a huge variety to choose from, yes they may not have gotten any new mortal units, or Slaangors, but I mean the option to take slave to darkness and even have a whole army of dedicated Slaanesh beastmen, is fantastic.

and with the possible extra range of new chaos barbarian models who might just get rules to be played in the actual existing game system,

So let’s wait and see till we have the new book.

7 minutes ago, Sokhar said:

I am very disappointed with this battletome. I have been waiting for years to collect a force of Slaanesh like those outings for Tzeentch, Khorne and Nurgle but the GW does not seem to have understood the enormous potential, a pity. I will not buy anything.

So am I over the skavenrange (it’s very sad to see that acolytes, all weapon teams, the whole Eshin range, halve of the moulder range etc. Looks so bad and most of them are even made out of failcast or metal.

so yeah I feel your pain.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

2 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

anyways I think Slaanesh has a huge variety to choose from, yes they may not have gotten any new mortal units, or Slaangors, but I mean the option to take slave to darkness and even have a whole army of dedicated Slaanesh beastmen, is fantastic.

and with the possible extra range of new chaos barbarian models who might just get rules to be played in the actual existing game system,

So am I over the skavenrange (it’s very sad to see that acolytes, all weapon teams, the whole Eshin range, halve of the moulder range etc. Looks so bad and most of them are even made out of failcast or metal.

But any chaos army can take Slaves to Darkness etc, as well as having more of their own options. That’s not unique to Slaanesh, and therefore still leaves them behind the other gods. Also, most of those models are old and not great, partly why I was hoping for a new unit kit. 

Edited by Still-young

6 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Yeah I was upset about the skaven release too. Seemed like little for a very popular army (far more popular than slaneesh). 

I hope the tiny aos armies, like ironjawz, fyreslayers, kharadron overlords, sylvanneth get new units and not just a new hero. They are the ones that need it the most.

5 hours ago, novakai said:

Nurgle has also has a lot of Named mortal characters, Glotkin, the 3 crawler bois, Gutrot Spume, Festus, and that counting their forgeworld models like Tamurakhan.

All of which existed before Maggotkin, so of course they are in the book.

Could the lack of new Slaanesh mortals (and inclusion of mortals in other non-Skaven chaos books) boil down to a simple matter of production?

The other books either had older stuff to just drop in or had production windows, whereas Slaanesh could only get do much in. Maybe?

7 minutes ago, Still-young said:

But any chaos army can take Slaves to Darkness etc, as well as having more of their own options. That’s not unique to Slaanesh, and therefore still leaves them behind the other gods. Also, most of those models are old and not great, partly why I was hoping for a new unit kit. 

Yeap, there’s the whole argument. We all would hope for a mortal unit on foot, and the army will need it regardless, but if there were proper kits for StD there wouldn’t be so much fuss about it. Hopefully we’ll have an update this year.

Also ‘not great’ is the understatement of the month 😂

5 hours ago, Aryann said:

It's not a forum  when only some opinions are allowed and others are forbidden.

And free speech is a well fitting term here. We've already had a discussion where not popular believes were beaing punished while the contradictory were left untouched. It's happening everywhere, not only here.

While I do after with the historical idea of a forum being an open place to exchange ideas, truly, I do have to point out again that this place is a private venture. We don't dictate the rules to the owner. He dictates them to us. Does that make it not really a forum in the traditional sense? Maybe, but we probably need to accept that words (other than "meta") evolve or get abused, and "forum" is one of those words.

Again, free speech has zero (zilch, nadda, no, none) application here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sete said:

I see a lot of jimmies are rustled, and worse of it, its people complaining about others disappointment.  What an uncanny reaction to have.

Terribly sorry that my disappointment with the product of a company  does not fit in with your echo chamber of praise.

I wouldn’t worry about it too much my friend. The level of disappointment here has been very well managed, like most things are on this forum. 

You can’t help the hurt feelings brigade. It’s unclear what exactly the motivation there is. You will notice that a lot of those folks don’t respond when any number of people give well thought out reasons for the disappointment, and instead just come back to the “you should be grateful” argument. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sleboda said:

Wow. Not even. At all. Great hyperbole.

Ok, you’re right. Let me rephrase.

The current model lineup is useless if you want to field a mortal only army that is aesthetically in line with the other armies of the game.

I think that’s pretty accurate.

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

Tzeentch also got Tzaangor, Tzaangor on discs, and a Tzaangor hero, which might not strictly be ‘mortal’, but they fulfil the same role of increasing the diversity of the basic troop options. 

Goal posts - shifted.

I'm very sure once the models land in peoples hands the attitude will shift - this is just airing of general frustration that there wasn't "as much" as people hoped for. Perfectly normal and natural the FeC and Skaven went through the same and so did the Fyreslayers. Simple fact is that not everyone is getting lots of new stuff this year and even those who are are only getting a portion of new stuff.

But the game as a whole is getting a LOT its just spread out. These are not good times, they are fantastic times for AoS and if GW keeps on target we'll see a huge change in uptake and support over the next year. More tomes means more new people can jump in wherever they want - already we can see that Chaos is nearly finished in terms of Battletomes (really there's only Tzeentch and Slaves to go) 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Goal posts - shifted.

Why? They increase the diversity in the unit choice, exactly how a mortal unit would. I’d be happy with Slaangor instead.

Also, I mentioned them from the start, so I haven’t shifted any goalposts - they’re right where I always put them. 

Edited by Still-young
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Lernaean said:

Ok, you’re right. Let me rephrase.

The current model lineup is useless if you want to field a mortal only army that is aesthetically in line with the other armies of the game.

I think that’s pretty accurate.

I can sort of get behind that. I hesitate with words like "useless"but one of the pseudo-curses of the coolness of GW's evolution is that new stuff just plain looks colder than older stuff (in general).

1 minute ago, Still-young said:

Why? They increase the diversity in the unit choice, exactly how a mortal unit would. 

Also, I mentioned them from the start, so I haven’t shifted any goalposts - they’re right where I always put them. 

The previous posts had moaned about the lack of mortal stuff compared to some of the other chaos books. Then folks pointed out that there was really very little truly new stuff created for mortals in those books. Then beast options were proffered as support, which is shifted goal posts.

6 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

The previous posts had moaned about the lack of mortal stuff compared to some of the other chaos books. Then folks pointed out that there was really very little truly new stuff created for mortals in those books. Then beast options were proffered as support, which is shifted goal posts.

You’re focusing too much on the word ‘mortal’. Non-demon unit. 

Its just about unit variety, for me anyway. I don’t care if they’re human or beasts, I just wanted a new unit that wasn’t daemonettes, like every other god has got. 

To me it simply boils down to this - Slaanesh has waited the longest for any kind of update, and got the least out of it. I waited patiently for Slaanesh because I thought it would be well worth the wait. And while what we got is awesome, there’s still not a core of the army that appeals to me, so yeah, I’m disappointed. 

Edited by Still-young
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Why? They increase the diversity in the unit choice, exactly how a mortal unit would. I’d be happy with Slaangor instead.

Honestly man I wouldn’t even try to reason any longer. This is way simpler than its being made out  

Every other main chaos god faction has gotten mortal units since the End Times. Slaanesh has not. It’s easy. You know this, I know this. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Actually the whole whining is about lack of variety in the current model range.

I’m sure there would still be some if let’s say we got Slaangors but no Slaanesh barbarians, I know I would still be disappointed, but it wouldn’t be that vocal.

8 minutes ago, Still-young said:

You’re focusing too much on the word ‘mortal’. Non-demon unit. 

If people use the words "no new mortal units" well, gosh, I'm gonna assume the meant the words they used.

Btw, I'm super excited about Hedonites.

I have 3 Wrath & rapture. My gf (a fellow BDSM fan) is looking forward to building the army to fight my Khorne stuff. Many exciting wagers will be placed on our games.

Even without that, there is enough cool Slaanesh stuff coming to fuel my hobby fires. Nurgle+Slaanesh for sexually transmitted disease (STD new meaning) army, straight up Slaanesh, new colors to use ... It's a very titillating time!

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Being willfully ignorant contributes less than the criticism. This has been addressed multiple times that you're the one latching on to the word mortal as the be and end all when the Arcanites and Clan Pestilens have been mentioned multiple times. I'd argue that the whole reason that the Disciples of Tzeentch was such a great release was because it included the Arcanites as a whole extra faction on top of the mortals and daemons and if it had just been an update to the daemon models then there would have been far less interest in them.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

If people use the words "no new mortal units" well, gosh, I'm gonna assume the meant the words they used.

Btw, I'm super excited about Hedonites.

I have 3 Wrath & rapture. My gf (a fellow BDSM fan) is looking forward to building the army to fight my Khorne stuff. Many exciting wagers will be placed on our games.

Even without that, there is enough cool Slaanesh stuff coming to fuel my hobby fires. Nurgle+Slaanesh for sexually transmitted disease (STD new meaning) army, straight up Slaanesh, new colors to use ... It's a very titillating time!

Not sure it you wanna talk about rumours or you wanna show off your love live :/

• Haha 3