The Rumour Thread

Perhaps this is all a clever ploy by GW to inflict as much suffering on Slaanesh players in particular to do a properly lore-friendly release? All this suffering must surely be contributing to the inevitable release of the dark prince. 

On monday, they'll be all "Sorry about that. It was all a ploy by Slaanesh. Here are your mortal followers." 

I doubt it, but it would have been.. ah, an impressive, if not strange, marketing ploy. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mayple said:

For sure. I mean, let's look beyond expectations based on Adepticon and such, because that can happen, and people can overhype. 

But your point about the art with mortals in the preview is hitting the nail on the head. That switched my expectations from "We may not get new mortals" to, "Oh, wait, what's this? This is new. Is that mortals? Wait, those are mortals! Ayyyy!" 

6 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Exactly the same here. I’m usually fully in the camp that we overhype things and it leads to disappointment, but GW absolutely did not help this time. 

Yeah we do have a bad habit of getting carried away, but right after adepticon reveal everyone was asking about mortals on their facebook page, and instead of “not coming” we got “maybe.” I would have been annoyed for sure, but at least the bandaid would have been ripped off faster. 

1 minute ago, Mayple said:

Perhaps this is all a clever ploy by GW to inflict as much suffering on Slaanesh players in particular to do a properly lore-friendly release? All this suffering must surely be contributing to the inevitable release of the dark prince. 

On monday, they'll be all "Sorry about that. It was all a ploy by Slaanesh. Here are your mortal followers." 

I doubt it, but it would have been.. ah, an impressive, if not strange, marketing ploy. 

Well this response just came in an hour ago. 

User:So no new mortals, huh?

GW:Not this week, user, though there is a brand new game focusing on the trials and tribulations of the mortal followers of the Dark Gods on the horizon in the form of Warcry.

You could read this response as they are referring to warcry mortals that worship slaanesh and not new ones coming with the book. But...Who knows.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shinros said:

GW:Not this week, user, though there is a brand new game focusing on the trials and tribulations of the mortal followers of the Dark Gods on the horizon in the form of Warcry.

You could read this response as they are referring to warcry mortals that worship slaanesh and not new ones coming with the book. But...Who knows.  

I would probably just assume we definitely aren’t getting them, or the disappointment is just gonna be worse. 

• Like 2

I think the lack of Slaanesh mortals is probably to due to the Emperor's Children. It's possible they want 'Pleasure Cultists' or whatever we get to be compatible  with 40k, but also don't want to put out Emperor's Children-only rules when they're still part of Codex: Chaos Space Marines. Thus Hedonites will get their mortal/chaff units, but in a future wave.

With the storyline moving to Slaanesh/Elves now however, they didn't want to leave them as the only Chaos God without a Battletome when they're going to be such a prominent part of the plot.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Still-young said:

I would probably just assume we definitely aren’t getting them, or the disappointment is just gonna be worse. 

Yeah, I think they are referring to warcry here. They keep pointing to that in all their responses, if we aren't getting new mortals the book better modify the current STD models in a considerable fashion in my opinion. 

Just now, Clan's Cynic said:

I think the lack of Slaanesh mortals is probably to due to the Emperor's Children. It's possible they want 'Pleasure Cultists' or whatever we get to be compatible  with 40k, but also don't want to put out Emperor's Children-only rules when they're still part of Codex: Chaos Space Marines. Thus Hedonites will get their mortal/chaff units, but in a future wave. 

I think that's what is most likely going to happen, it was similar to the Tzaangors. 

Edited by shinros

3 minutes ago, shinros said:

I mean, I like where your head is at. But that means no new hedonite mortals. 

The other FB comments don't have the "this week", and all point out to Warcry, which is not released until this summer...

So yeah it's dead. 

Well, I'm mostly a Daemon player anyway, but still sad to NOT have Mortals on foot...

Just now, HorticulusTGA said:

The other FB comments don't have the "this week", and all point out to Warcry, which is not released until this summer...

So yeah it's dead. 

Well, I'm mostly a Daemon player anyway, but still sad to NOT have Mortals on foot...

As Clan said I think when EC roll around they're just going to give us their cultist options. They might add in an extra sprue to make them AOS units. 

1 minute ago, Still-young said:

Yeah just gonna forget this for a while.

2 minutes ago, shinros said:

Yeah, I think they are referring to warcry here. They keep pointing to that in all their responses, if we aren't getting new mortals the book better modify the current STD models in a considerable fashion in my opinion. 

Nah not spending  a dime on chaos warriors.

I think that's what is most likely going to happen, it was similar to the Tzaangors. 

So we think rules for mortals will be in the book without models? That seems unlikely. 

3 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

With the storyline moving to Slaanesh/Elves now however, they didn't want to leave them as the only Chaos God without a Battletome when they're going to be such a prominent part of the plot.

This isn't going to happen. There aren't going to be a bunch of new rules for units, characters and battalions that there are no models or images for just because they're going to turn up at some unspecified future date for the other game.

• Like 1

Just now, shinros said:

As Clan said I think when EC roll around they're just going to give us their cultist options. They might add in an extra sprue to make them AOS units. 

Yeah that's our only hope (just like 40k 7th Ed Tzaangor release, later coming for AOS without the pistols sprue). 

But still : that would outdate the Battletome at once. So, so strange...

Just now, HorticulusTGA said:

Yeah that's our only hope (just like 40k 7th Ed Tzaangor release, later coming for AOS without the pistols sprue). 

But still : that would outdate the Battletome at once. So, so strange...

Khorne is on it's third Battletome in, what, three years? Emperor's Children are probably at least a year out what with CSM only just getting a release. I could see it happening.

7 minutes ago, firebat said:

This isn't going to happen. There aren't going to be a bunch of new rules for units, characters and battalions that there are no models or images for just because they're going to turn up at some unspecified future date for the other game.

I think you misread. My point was that we're not getting Mortals NOW - as in, at all - but will probably get them in a future wave, tied or at least close to Emperor's Children whenever that rolls around, be it compatable rules you can download or a new Battletome (which given how GW seem eager to update Tomes a lot quicker in AoS than Codex's seems likely).

Edited by Clan's Cynic

Just now, Clan's Cynic said:

Khorne is on it's third Battletome in, what, three years? Emperor's Children are probably at least a year out what with CSM only just getting a release. I could see it happening.

Well... True for Khorne, but in fact it was an AOS 1 Bloodbound book, followed by and AOS 1 Blades Of Khorne, recently updated by a AOS 2 book.

No AOS2-era books have been updated as of yet, even Stormcast (as many armies are stuck with AOS1 books or no book at all).

Many armies deserve their turns with this second edition : amidst that why make an incomplete Slaanesh tome, GW, why ? 

Is it really all that incomplete, though? Just as we're seeing with Khorne, there are many options found outside of the book that can be directly added without the need for allies. Won't that hold true for Slaanesh? Plus, when Slaves gets updated, it'll bump Hedonites up too.

Like I mentioned a while back, I think GW just needs to do a better job of letting people know that an army is not just what's in one Battletome. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Is it really all that incomplete, though? Just as we're seeing with Khorne, there are many options found outside of the book that can be directly added without the need for allies. Won't that hold true for Slaanesh? Plus, when Slaves gets updated, it'll bump Hedonites up too.

Like I mentioned a while back, I think GW just needs to do a better job of letting people know that an army is not just what's in one Battletome. 

Compared to every other main Chaos god-based faction, yes it is incomplete.

3 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Khorne =  Daemons, Bloodbound, Mortals.

Tzeentch = Daemons, Arcanites, Mortals

Nurgle = Daemons, Maggotkin, Mortals, Skaven

Slaanesh = Daemons, Mortals

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I think you misread. My point was that we're not getting Mortals NOW - as in, at all - but will probably get them in a future wave, tied or at least close to Emperor's Children whenever that rolls around, be it compatable rules you can download or a new Battletome (which given how GW seem eager to update Tomes a lot quicker in AoS than Codex's seems likely).

Oh so you are saying you think in a year or more we might get mortals for Slaanesh?  I guess that's as possible as anything else, but I wouldn't say it is worth betting on.

Just now, firebat said:

Khorne =  Daemons, Bloodbound, Mortals.

Tzeentch = Daemons, Arcanites, Mortals

Nurgle = Daemons, Maggotkin, Mortals, Skaven

Slaanesh = Daemons, Mortals

The only way I could see this working for us is if they allow us to use everything from the slaves to darkness update when they get to it while the other gods will have limited access like legions of nagash/nighthaunt.