The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Future said:

Man with every release being overly negative this year on this forum I feel like this community is going to have a really rough time. I am so amazed at what they have done this year and as a player of the game couldn’t be happier that they are supporting all the existing models, quickly. We can ****** all we want, and we do, every single release. But it’s not going to change the priority, making the game fun for every faction.

I think this community has been very mature in all aspects, they are only demanding what they think is fair. And GW should be grateful, I've never seen such loyalty for a company.

Edited by Mungrun

10 minutes ago, Future said:

Man with every release being overly negative this year on this forum I feel like this community is going to have a really rough time. I am so amazed at what they have done this year and as a player of the game couldn’t be happier that they are supporting all the existing models, quickly. We can ****** all we want, and we do, every single release. But it’s not going to change the priority, making the game fun for every faction.

You are completely wrong. People have not been negative on every release. 

I, like everyone here, love this game. Have for more than 20 years. But that doesn’t mean I can’t voice my disappointed or confusion when they fluff a release. And as you can see, lately when the community speaks in a measured voice they do listen. Or at least more than they used to. 

Edit—

It isn’t like we are buddies with GW and they are handing us the new rules and models for free and we are being ungrateful. As awesome as I think most of the people who work there are, we are consumers not best buds. We evaluate their work, and are not obligated to just smile and nod all the time. 

Edited by Austin
  • Like 4

Aye in fairness Slaanesh has been very ignored - heck don't forget many were predicting Slaanesh being soft squatted (ended) since it had been so long since the Dark Prince had had any update in 40K or AoS. Heck it might be that there's no mortal followers because that slot is taken by some 40K fun things for Slaanesh (where at present the only unique thing they've got is the Christmas Noise marine and some old noise marine options for Chaos Warriors - which I assume stil fit the new sculpts?)

A lot of what we've got in this release is what many consider the "top end" ergo leaders and spells so one-off models rather than droops and monsters and the like. A new demonic unit or mortal follower or half and half would have been good to see; though something new for 40K would also be grand (esp considering that of all the gods Slaanesh hasn't really got anything techno nor ranged nor supersized for 40K unique to itself save for the noise marine upgrades - everything else is basically whips and close combat AoS stuff)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mayple said:

Yeah. This is far from the usual doomsaying that tends to pop up around a release. 

Usually it's "Oh my god, this is so broken." 

Now it's more "Wait, they want us to use marauders as our mortal followers? Uh. But. N...N-urgle, Khorne and Tzeeentch though.." :D

Pretty much, IF there are no new mortals GW has told us we are still playing slaves to darkness while the other factions have their own unique dedicated forces.  Hence why if we aren't getting any new mortals the sub-group rules better modify the STD models in a reasonable fashion.  

I will also state I WISH to be wrong. I WANT to be wrong, I will be the happiest man ever if tomorrow GW slapped us with the new mortals. They aren't being convincing at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

Aye in fairness Slaanesh has been very ignored - heck don't forget many were predicting Slaanesh being soft squatted (ended) since it had been so long since the Dark Prince had had any update in 40K or AoS. Heck it might be that there's no mortal followers because that slot is taken by some 40K fun things for Slaanesh (where at present the only unique thing they've got is the Christmas Noise marine and some old noise marine options for Chaos Warriors - which I assume stil fit the new sculpts?)

A lot of what we've got in this release is what many consider the "top end" ergo leaders and spells so one-off models rather than droops and monsters and the like. A new demonic unit or mortal follower or half and half would have been good to see; though something new for 40K would also be grand (esp considering that of all the gods Slaanesh hasn't really got anything techno nor ranged nor supersized for 40K unique to itself save for the noise marine upgrades - everything else is basically whips and close combat AoS stuff)

You are right on the money, the core of the army is missing. So far it looks like they've only updated the top end stuff. 

9 minutes ago, Future said:

You'll notice that with anything in life, the more people get, the less satsified they are with it over time. People will always expect more and more, new standards are set, maybe even ones that can't ever be lived up to. I've also noticed negativity increase with each release since Gloomspite, and I think it's just because they set a new precedent for what could be done for an older army. Now everyone expects that. Everyone wants everything for the army they love, it's not an unfair desire, but it's not realistic.

• Like 3

Just now, Mutton said:

You'll notice that with anything in life, the more people get, the less satsified they are with it over time. People will always expect more and more, new standards are set, maybe even ones that can't ever be lived up to. I've also noticed negativity increase with each release since Gloomspite, and I think it's just because they set a new precedent for what could be done for an older army. Now everyone expects that. Everyone wants everything for the army they love, it's not an unfair desire, but it's not realistic.

So it's not realistic in the case of slaanesh when the other gods have their own dedicated mortal armies? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shinros said:

Pretty much, IF there are no new mortals GW has told us we are still playing slaves to darkness while the other factions have their own unique dedicated forces.  Hence why if we aren't getting any new mortals the sub-group rules better modify the STD models in a reasonable fashion.  

I will also state I WISH to be wrong. I WANT to be wrong, I will be the happiest man ever if tomorrow GW slapped us with the new mortals. They aren't being convincing at the moment. 

I think the most practical joke GW could do there would be to somehow make slaanesh marked marauders -really good-.

Cue collective community confusion. *

*And then probably a large number of pretty neat conversions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mutton said:

It absolutely was realistic. Tzeentch got 3 new units along side their characters and greater daemon when DoT was released. Slaanesh have got 0. Slaanesh only has Daemonettes as a basic troop. Tzeentch has Horrors, Tzaangor and Acolytes. Khorne has Bloodletters, Blood Reavers and whatever the more armoured guys are called. Nurgle has Blightkings and Plaguebearers. 

No ones asking for anything crazy here. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Still-young said:

It absolutely was realistic. Tzeentch got 3 new units along side their characters and greater daemon when DoT was released. Slaanesh have got 0. Slaanesh only has Daemonettes as a basic troop. Tzeentch has Horrors, Tzaangor and Acolytes. Khorne has Bloodletters, Blood Reavers and whatever the more armoured guys are called. Nurgle has Blightkings and Plaguebearers. 

No ones asking for anything crazy here. 

See I would be more than happy with one troop, one elite on foot and perhaps 1-2 new mortal heroes. I would find that satisfactory and realistic. 

Edit: In the end GW said this at the end of the article. 

All next week, we’ll be running previews of the new rules, lore and more for Slaanesh fans of all stripes – make sure to check back tomorrow for the first.

So maybe we are being upset for no reason but their facebook response is very concerning. If I was GW I would make sure the monday article is mortal considering the reaction to their response that they're might not be any. 

Edited by shinros

8 minutes ago, shinros said:

You are right on the money, the core of the army is missing. So far it looks like they've only updated the top end stuff. 

And the fiends ;)

Just to confirm for those who might not know Slaanesh well - the army has a core, its just an unchanged core in a very long time. By core most are meaning everything that isn't in the leaders-slot (which barring spells is where everything - far as we know- in this new update is). So troops, monsters, artillery are all as they have been for quite a long while. 

Whilst this makes it interesting in terms of the upper end of the army, it does mean that the army at its core is still running fairly similar - either super fast chariot forces or armies reliant on blocks of deamonettes. 

I think gw shot themselves in the foot with this one. If they had simply come out at Adepticon and said this was a daemons only release, people would not be so disappointed now. Using a piece of art with mortals in it as a preview is just rubbing salt into the wounds. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

I think gw shot themselves in the foot with this one. If they had simply come out at Adepticon and said this was a daemons only release, people would not be so disappointed now. Using a piece of art with mortals in it as a preview is just rubbing salt into the wounds. 

They did show the video and based on nearly all the other videos they've done everything was shown in the video save for the alternate build from the Keeper. That's pretty much how they've done all their other major releases - video that shows all the models and one or two not photographed and highlighted. I'm actually surprised how many thought they were holding "more"back because based on past examples they just didn't do that. Even when they teased Daughters of Khaine they showed the bulk of Morathi's body. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

They blasted their foot off, they set a precedent with the other god releases so far this is looking like Battletome: Grand Alliance Chaos w/ Mark of Slaanesh.

Psst, GW prove me wrong please. Please...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Overread said:

They did show the video and based on nearly all the other videos they've done everything was shown in the video save for the alternate build from the Keeper. That's pretty much how they've done all their other major releases - video that shows all the models and one or two not photographed and highlighted. I'm actually surprised how many thought they were holding "more"back because based on past examples they just didn't do that. Even when they teased Daughters of Khaine they showed the bulk of Morathi's body. 

When they showed the Gloomspite video, they didn’t show the Trolls or the Mangler, we saw them through battletome leaks later. Sometimes they show everything and sometimes they don’t, and they mentioned with the Slaanesh video there was more to see. 

6 minutes ago, Chikout said:

For sure. I mean, let's look beyond expectations based on Adepticon and such, because that can happen, and people can overhype. 

But your point about the art with mortals in the preview is hitting the nail on the head. That switched my expectations from "We may not get new mortals" to, "Oh, wait, what's this? This is new. Is that mortals? Wait, those are mortals! Ayyyy!" 

Edited by Mayple
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Mayple said:

For sure. I mean, let's look beyond expectations based on Adepticon and such, because that can happen, and people can overhype. 

But your point about the art with mortals in the preview is hitting the nail on the head. That switched my expectations from "We may not get new mortals" to, "Oh, wait, what's this? This is new. Is that mortals? Wait, those are mortals! Ayyyy!" 

Exactly the same here. I’m usually fully in the camp that we overhype things and it leads to disappointment, but GW absolutely did not help this time. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sete said:

I want to believe that the FB team is bluffing, but it seems to be a daemon release only. 

Yeah the artwork hyped me up a lot.

Was a bit of a gut punch.

Heh, at the moment I am bouncing back and forth from the denial stage. XD

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Still-young said:

When they showed the Gloomspite video, they didn’t show the Trolls or the Mangler, we saw them through battletome leaks later. Sometimes they show everything and sometimes they don’t, and they mentioned with the Slaanesh video there was more to see. 

to be fair, the trolls, Gobblapolooza and Mangler where in the background of the first video, the only thing not shown was the Troggboss