The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, Overread said:

If I recall right when the others got their new Greater Demons they didn't get much else at the same time - don't forget the new Keeper is going to be a big model in the £70 region and a very big one on the table. That's a massive release in itself. Many of the other armies had to wait after that to get anything more ontop of a big new Greater Demon. 

We are getting spells, tome, terrain, new heroes and a new prince (another pretty big model) 

The Lord of Change came out with the big Disciples of Tzeentch release, and the Great Unclean One with the Maggotkin release which had a couple of mortal things too (and they already had their mortal unit anyway). 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Overread said:

If I recall right when the others got their new Greater Demons they didn't get much else at the same time - don't forget the new Keeper is going to be a big model in the £70 region and a very big one on the table. That's a massive release in itself. Many of the other armies had to wait after that to get anything more ontop of a big new Greater Demon. 

We are getting spells, tome, terrain, new heroes and a new prince (another pretty big model) 

Yes but the release of the Tome seals the release window for Slaanesh for month, even years (the WarCom guys on FB are now trying to redirect people asking for mortals to WarCry....). It's so sad....

1 minute ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Yes but the release of the Tome seals the release window for Slaanesh for month, even years (the WarCom guys on FB are now trying to redirect people asking for mortals to WarCry....). It's so sad....

Still holding out that it might happen, my expectations for this release just has been significantly lowered. 

Don't throw your toys out of the pram just yet, GW obviously have something different in mind for the Slaanesh release compared to Tzeentch and Nurgle.

I am going to reserve my judgment until after Warhammer Fest 11-12 May, they surely want to show off something special there as well.

3 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Not really, Chaos 40K got a whole load of new releases less than a month ago and they've only had their 40K Codex for a while. 

Sure in the past previous editions a new Tome was the end of releases until a new edition and new Tome - GW has proven time and again that that is NO longer the case for a long while. Even before the end of the Kirby era we were seeing a lot of model updates between codexs 

2 minutes ago, shinros said:

Still holding out that it might happen, my expectations for this release just has been significantly lowered. 

It's such a shame really.

Warcry will be Undivided mortals.

The only hope was another week of release with the Enrapturess and the Fiends.... But the reaction of GW guys on FB makes it clear : no Mortals. 

1 minute ago, Overread said:

Not really, Chaos 40K got a whole load of new releases less than a month ago and they've only had their 40K Codex for a while. 

Sure in the past previous editions a new Tome was the end of releases until a new edition and new Tome - GW has proven time and again that that is NO longer the case for a long while. Even before the end of the Kirby era we were seeing a lot of model updates between codexs 

We are talking about AOS Mortals. Emperor's Children may come this year too (I hope!), but there won't be any mortals before a very very hypothetic campaign release (with Aelves, maybe)..... But I'm left contemplating what could have been, like this guy : https://malignportents.com/story/the-scent/

3 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

It's such a shame really.

Warcry will be Undivided mortals.

The only hope was another week of release with the Enrapturess and the Fiends.... But the reaction of GW guys on FB makes it clear : no Mortals. 

We are talking about AOS Mortals. Emperor's Children may come this year too (I hope!), but there won't be any mortals before a very very hypothetic campaign release (with Aelves, maybe)..... But I'm left contemplating what could have been, like this guy : https://malignportents.com/story/the-scent/

Pretty much, they could of worded their response differently but the fact they shilled warcry in the response kinda put the nail in the coffin for me personally. 

Edit:Here comes another nail.

User:Any chances to have Slaanesh mortals?

GW:There's no news of mortal followers of Slaanesh emerging from the realms right now, Jérémy, but we do know that we'll soon be seeing a whole lot more from a number of different tribes in Warcry...

Edited by shinros
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Overread said:

they did get a new codex (or expansion codex) release, I wouldn't be surprise if the Primaris get a new codex soon too with the new vanguard stuff they got. also also it not something that has happen for AoS yet, even stormcast releases have came with a new battletome bar the random Gavial Sureheart release

Mm. Shame about the lack of mortals. I'll have to re-evaluate my interest in the Slaanesh release then - Outside of the marvelous Keeper of Secrets and the new Daemon Prince of course. Daemonettes are nice, but they're not "My battle line is built of daemonettes" nice, y'know? :)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mutton said:

You know instead of wallowing and focusing on what wasn't in the release, people should embrace the joy of what they did get. Leads to a much healthier life and outlook.

I believe right the opposite. If we keep our points to ourselves GW won't know our expectations and won't do better next time. The more they hear from us now, the bigger the chances we see mortal Slaanesh in the future. Communication is the key, even if it is harsh sometimes. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Aryann said:

I believe right the opposite. If we keep our points to ourselves GW won't know our expectations and won't do better next time. The more they hear from us now, the bigger the chances we see mortal Slaanesh in the future. Communication is the key, even if it is harsh sometimes. 

Yeah I have to agree with you, the fact that GW are confirming it on facebook seems that they are now aware people are upset. 

• Like 1

Well it's only what anyone who has been playing Slaanesh for a long time expects really. Looking at it the Nurgle release was actually pretty similar with the only new models being character models. The Blightkings, much like the hellstriders were from the End Times period. At least nurgle got access to Skaven for a bit more variety as well though. 

I think ultimately people can make excuses all they want but some models where it was about time they got an update (no matter how good they are) doesn't make up for a release that ultimately doesn't stand up to the expectation they set with the Tzeentch and Khorne releases. It's effectively half as much.

I agree with @Aryann on this one. While I'm not one for being overtly negative (and we should by no means head down that road) - Slaanesh is one of the gods tied more heavily to mortals than most. The lack of anything new in regards to that makes all the new demonic stuff (again, except the new Keeper of Secrets and the Daemon Prince) a tad bittersweet :) What's a dark prince of excess without anyone to commit said excess? 

• Like 6

I am just a bit shocked that GW didn’t anticipate this reaction. Maybe they did?

it is very interesting that all this time GW has insisted they were a miniatures company first. And here lately it seems as though the books are the main focus. That is great and all, but throughout the 2000s when GW was frankly getting their rear end kicked in the rules department, it was their models and lore that saved them for me. 

Gloomspite made me think they understood the need to do both models and rules (with the new squigs). But this and Skaven have me confused. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Austin said:

I am just a bit shocked that GW didn’t anticipate this reaction. Maybe they did?

it is very interesting that all this time GW has insisted they were a miniatures company first. And here lately it seems as though the books are the main focus. That is great and all, but throughout the 2000s when GW was frankly getting their rear end kicked in the rules department, it was their models and lore that saved them for me. 

Gloomspite made me think they understood the need to do both models and rules (with the new squigs). But this and Skaven have me confused. 

I suspect if they're aren't any new mortals for slaanesh they will work in their sub-groups rather than if they are mortal or daemon.  So you can mix and match, if let's say you have the pretender keyword both daemons and mortals rules work together. 

Could they be pointing folks to Warcry in order to keep it in folks minds?

No new mortals is a great disappointment. We've seen such great and characterful models for the other Chaos Gods.

#sadseeker

Edit: of course the big question is whether they put the Slaanesh symbol on the SIX or the...I can't even bring myself to write it...  

Edited by Souleater

Really a shame... I thought after all the years they make a full release, without Mortals it is really not a full Chaos army as the other god armies. 

I mean, I love the new models (KoS and Daemon Prince are awesome), but they should have just waited with this release to combine this with the Tyrion/Teclis/Malerion Story. I waited some years for new models, I could have waited longer to include a full release! Now I don’t even know, if I really buy anything, I really don’t feel any hype right now 

PS: The only model I don’t like is the terrain feature, the face of the Keeper makes it look weird 

Well rules are quick and easy to throw out compared to models. They have most of the art and the lore and rules already, it's just a matter of laying them out and tweaking the bits that need tweaking. Compare that to models that will take a lot longer to design and paint for stuff they don't already have a library of.

They're a bit damned either way. People have been clamoring for rules updates and have shown they're willing to pay for fairly minor updates just for some attention for their army so if there is a big enough backlash we'll be able to buy another book next year with mortals in it but it being Slaanesh probably not.

The Warcry deflections simply don't fly because that will either have an undivided focus or all the gods will be getting attention anyway. If I was feeling especially petulant i'd half expect Tzeentch and Khorne to get some new stuff and Slaanesh can use the undivided stuff 😛 

Man with every release being overly negative this year on this forum I feel like this community is going to have a really rough time. I am so amazed at what they have done this year and as a player of the game couldn’t be happier that they are supporting all the existing models, quickly. We can ****** all we want, and we do, every single release. But it’s not going to change the priority, making the game fun for every faction.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Future said:

Man with every release being overly negative this year on this forum I feel like this community is going to have a really rough time. I am so amazed at what they have done this year and as a player of the game couldn’t be happier that they are supporting all the existing models, quickly. We can ****** all we want, and we do, every single release. But it’s not going to change the priority, making the game fun for every faction.

Can you give me a good reason why the other three gods get their own dedicated mortals and slaanesh doesn't? Considering slaanesh is the most neglected chaos god overall? People have been anticipating this release for years. Let them vent, as long as people aren't insulting others or lashing out unreasonably I think they have a right to voice their disappointment. 

• Like 5

Yeah. This is far from the usual doomsaying that tends to pop up around a release. 

Usually it's "Oh my god, this is so broken." 

Now it's more "Wait, they want us to use marauders as our mortal followers? Uh. But. N...N-urgle, Khorne and Tzeeentch though.." :D