The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Sete said:

This went from a +300£ buy to 0 real fast.

What's the point of adding  this image, with a lot of humans around, and it's just a daemon release?

Talk about empty hype. :/

AoSSlaaneshLore-Apr18-GreaterDaemon1yjce.jpg

...... So,  that was "just" dismounted Hellstriders after all. Well, I'll just get the book and the KOS, then. 

Maybe the "daemon" prince too, as the Xerxers-300-persians looks fits slaanesh really well. 

What a SHAME.... I mean just IMAGINE how cool a whole Mortals range based on that "Xerxes-300-Persians" design would have looked !!!

• Like 3

@Greasygeek this year is exactly about getting AoS up to 2.0 across the board. It's why we've seen so many releases released quickly. GW did the same last year with 40K and quite a lot of factions didn't get any thing at all. GW only has limited internal production whilst the books, cards, dice, spells and terrain are all overseas factories. GW can ramp them up more by hiring another factory offsite and get things going pretty fast. On-site they are stil building their new factory

So yes this year is about getting every army up to date. Clearing up the listings, getting rid of stuff to be cut; adding in a few bits here and there, but by and large its about Battletomes. It's about getting AoS to the piont where gamers can pick any army and get the Tome and models from GW and get playing. 

• Like 4

Just now, shinros said:

It's been confirmed, no new mortals. RIIIIIIP this release. 

Right update on the mortal front. No new mortals. 

User: Warhammer Age of Sigmar will there be mortal followers to go along with the daemons ? 

Warhammer Age of Sigmar: User there won't be any new mortal followers this week, but a whole game that follows the fortunes of six new tribes of chaos followers is on the way: https://ageofsigmar.com/warcry/

GW couldn’t have anticipated that people would expect the 4th chaos faction to be the same as the other 3? What a fail by them. 

• Like 2

Just now, Future said:

Getting everyone new playable rules definitely seems to be the theme and that’s really cool!

Sorry, man my excitement got shot. Why does ever other god get their own unique mortal followers/factions and were stuck with slaves to darkness?

1 minute ago, shinros said:

It's been confirmed, no new mortals. RIIIIIIP this release. 

Right update on the mortal front. No new mortals. 

User: Warhammer Age of Sigmar will there be mortal followers to go along with the daemons ? 

Warhammer Age of Sigmar: User there won't be any new mortal followers this week, but a whole game that follows the fortunes of six new tribes of chaos followers is on the way: https://ageofsigmar.com/warcry/

Considering the first two look very Khorne then it bodes well for some really neat mortal followers if there's some Slaanesh in there :) Warcry indeed could change this around come summer! And its not that far off either - plus if Slaves get a big udpate there's loads of mortals in there. Heck things ilke chaos Cavalry is even really affordable as most of those sets have 10 models to a box not 5 (barring the elite which are very expensive for 3, but at least they are elites not core). 

So yeah no new mortals but with a Slaves update you can easily draft in a load of chaos warriors and the like. 

Just now, Overread said:

Considering the first two look very Khorne then it bodes well for some really neat mortal followers if there's some Slaanesh in there :) Warcry indeed could change this around come summer! And its not that far off either - plus if Slaves get a big udpate there's loads of mortals in there. Heck things ilke chaos Cavalry is even really affordable as most of those sets have 10 models to a box not 5 (barring the elite which are very expensive for 3, but at least they are elites not core). 

So yeah no new mortals but with a Slaves update you can easily draft in a load of chaos warriors and the like. 

Yeah sorry, I am not biting that argument. This release is a huge dud. 

1 minute ago, Mutton said:

You know instead of wallowing and focusing on what wasn't in the release, people should embrace the joy of what they did get. Leads to a much healthier life and outlook.

Pff, I am still holding out for mortals since they might not be able to reveal everything but when the other three gods have their own unique followers and one doesn't? That argument falls flat especially when said god has been quite neglected compared to the others. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mutton said:

You know instead of wallowing and focusing on what wasn't in the release, people should embrace the joy of what they did get. Leads to a much healthier life and outlook.

It’s been like 25 minutes since the news of no mortals got out. I don’t think that’s wallowing?

If in a while there is still moaning I agree. But for now, isn’t it just as cathartic to be disappointed among friends?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Austin said:

GW couldn’t have anticipated that people would expect the 4th chaos faction to be the same as the other 3? What a fail by them. 

2 minutes ago, shinros said:

Pff, I am still holding out for mortals since they might not be able to reveal everything but when the other three gods have their own unique followers and one doesn't? That argument falls flat especially when said god has been quite neglected compared to the others. 

My thoughts exactly. Now our hope is warcry for Slanesh mortals apparently. If the kits are moddable that could give us proper mortal infantry to use.

Edited by Sete

If I recall right when the others got their new Greater Demons they didn't get much else at the same time - don't forget the new Keeper is going to be a big model in the £70 region and a very big one on the table. That's a massive release in itself. Many of the other armies had to wait after that to get anything more ontop of a big new Greater Demon. 

We are getting spells, tome, terrain, new heroes and a new prince (another pretty big model) 

4 minutes ago, Overread said:

Did the first two look too khornish? The ironmongers sure, but the beast dudes looked pretty neutral to me. Maybe they can hunt to excess in the future or something? This release does look pretty good so far, and I'm excited to see the rules!

Just now, Overread said:

If I recall right when the others got their new Greater Demons they didn't get much else at the same time - don't forget the new Keeper is going to be a big model in the £70 region and a very big one on the table. That's a massive release in itself. Many of the other armies had to wait after that to get anything more ontop of a big new Greater Demon. 

We are getting spells, tome, terrain, new heroes and a new prince (another pretty big model) 

Yeah but the news is worse than just the mortals aren’t coming for now isn’t it?

The Facebook team didn’t say they could be in the future- they said use War Cry models. That seems to be a don’t hold your breath. 

• Sad 1

Just now, shinros said:

I'm trying not be negative (well I am upset at the moment.) but GW should get ready for the wave of pure salt IF they're aren't any new mortals in this release. 

Like i said on my edit, Warcry? It's an opportunity to release Infantry boxes for all factions.

5 minutes ago, Overread said:

@Greasygeek this year is exactly about getting AoS up to 2.0 across the board. It's why we've seen so many releases released quickly. GW did the same last year with 40K and quite a lot of factions didn't get any thing at all. GW only has limited internal production whilst the books, cards, dice, spells and terrain are all overseas factories. GW can ramp them up more by hiring another factory offsite and get things going pretty fast. On-site they are stil building their new factory

So yes this year is about getting every army up to date. Clearing up the listings, getting rid of stuff to be cut; adding in a few bits here and there, but by and large its about Battletomes. It's about getting AoS to the piont where gamers can pick any army and get the Tome and models from GW and get playing. 

well even at reasonable estimate I don't think GW can get all the battletome release until mid-end of 2020, their release rate has been slower then the 40k ones because battletomes take more time then codexes. and even 40k was a bit slow on the releases at the end

Just a point but Warcry might even end up being a bit like the duel army sets - ergo a delivery system for new models wrapped up in a sub-game. Just taken a bit further than before and fleshed out to a more long term product than the very short term duel army boxes (remembering each of those comes with its own internal points (battalion) and campaign)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, shinros said:

Probably, well I am just going to cool off for abit. Don't want to get too heated. 

Yeah I'll be doing the same. 

Just to add from what I read on FB it seems that Slanesh mortals might have been saved for Warcry release.

Think overread has a point on his post above.

Edited by Sete
  • Like 1