The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Charleston said:

The only thing I could imagine is GW giving us some loose alliances alligiences in the ghb when the old alligiance section phases out with the 2.0 battletomes.

It could be things like united dwarfs, pure daemon-infestation, mixed Orruks or Ogors and similar things. Like something in between GA and Faction Alligiance.

i would like if they return back to some of the Firestorm Allegiances, they had a lot cool mixed army allegiances like Stonklaw Gutstompas (mixed destruction), Anvilguard (Dark aelves and Stormcast), Tempest eyes (freeguild, Duardin, KO, and High Aelves), and Wraithfleet (vampire pirates apparently)

• Like 2

I think someone here already mentioned that GW answered a question about Darkoath getting new BT during Warcry presentation as “new war bands is what they are getting for a while at least”...

Gitmob grots and Greenskinz did not disappear the same way Bretonnia and Tomb Kings, they are just not supported anymore but they are still a viable option as allies and even in a standalone army if you really want to... until the GHB comes this  year at least. Many units out of production are still available in AoS like the Harpies and  the Spire of Dawn models...

3 hours ago, novakai said:

i would like if they return back to some of the Firestorm Allegiances, they had a lot cool mixed army allegiances like Stonklaw Gutstompas (mixed destruction), Anvilguard (Dark aelves and Stormcast), Tempest eyes (freeguild, Duardin, KO, and High Aelves), and Wraithfleet (vampire pirates apparently)

I'm holding out for updated allegiances similar to the Firestorm ones in Forbidden Power and future campaign books.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jetengine said:

As long as GW keeps the Warscrolls around its cool. You can use 3rd party models etc. 

Warscrolls and matched play points in the GHB. I'm fully expecting (Ellyrian) Reavers, the Prince of Griffon/Skywarden and Sea/Spireguard to go the way of the Poisoned Wind Mortar with the next GHB.

Just wanted to point out that something doesn't have to be in the ghb to be usable in many tournaments including gw's own events. It just needs a warscroll on the app and points in warscroll builder. That's how someone was able to take tomb kings to the last aos heat at warhammer world. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Warscrolls and matched play points in the GHB. I'm fully expecting (Ellyrian) Reavers, the Prince of Griffon/Skywarden and Sea/Spireguard to go the way of the Poisoned Wind Mortar with the next GHB.

Maybe they'll still have those models pictured in the background somewhere like they do in the skaven battletome.

• Haha 3

The problem is likely a result of the following possibilities;

1) The way GW internally compartmentalizes itself likely means that some departments end up out of the loop. The marketing and photographic might have no idea about the army changes being made in faction design and in manufacturing departments. Ergo they throw in that poison wind mortar because no one has told them its not coming. They might even have heard from one department that it is coming (and thus include it) only for another department to veto that choice 

2) They might well have display armies that are simply kept in storage and unboxed when needed. If no one removes a certain model from the box when its cycled out that model might well keep appearing. The Photography staff might not get any instructions to take individual photos of it, but they might equally get no instruction not to include it. So it gets thrown in 

3) The internal departments are running ahead of production, so they show a few things that are current but aren't currently produced but which will be produced later. So in the long run it doesn't matter and its only a short term thing. Of course shifting production issues might well mean that "one day" becomes "never" or "eternally delayed". That in itself is a reason GW rarely lets us know things too far in advance.

1 hour ago, Double Misfire said:

And maybe Swordmasters as well. 

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Overread said:

The problem is likely a result of the following possibilities;

1) The way GW internally compartmentalizes itself likely means that some departments end up out of the loop. The marketing and photographic might have no idea about the army changes being made in faction design and in manufacturing departments. Ergo they throw in that poison wind mortar because no one has told them its not coming. They might even have heard from one department that it is coming (and thus include it) only for another department to veto that choice 

This was my thought.  IMO it's the most likely culprit for stuff like this

3 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

This was my thought.  IMO it's the most likely culprit for stuff like this

Agreed, I think that whilst it helps GW keep the rumours under control it has other issues like this. Really it shows that if GW is going to keep departments separated they need to either impose or improve the quality of a manager that floats above them all. Ensuring that each department knows exactly what they need to and at the correct time to avoid mistakes. It's likely that they've already got such a system, but that it might not work as smoothly or as well as they'd like (eg the manager(s) might not be as good as they should be; or they are pulling several duties of which this is only one and thus are overworked or unable to provide their best ability on just this task). 

For a change, I've got some video game info.

It looks like there's an unannounced Age Of Sigmar strategy game in the works.

There's a studio called Gasket Games formed of people who used to work at Relic (Dawn Of War etc) and Blackbird (Homeworld: Deserts Of Karak). In partnership with publisher Focus Home Interactive, "they will leverage their passion, talent, and more than fifteen years of experience making strategy games in the development of a brand-new Games Workshop title in a rich universe". This project is teased with a new piece of art of a Stormcast Eternal Retributor holding what looks like a severed daemon head. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, michu said:

Do you have links?

Found it! 

WhatsNext_2019-Partnerships_Announcement.jpg.262952436598db2ec41d44917e394cbc.jpg

https://invisioncommunity.co.uk/focus-home-interactive-launches-whats-next-2019/

"Gasket Games are a cross-platform game development company based in Vancouver and comprised of former team members from Relic Entertainment (Dawn of War, Company of Heroes) and Blackbird Interactive (Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak). They will leverage their passion, talent, and more than fifteen years of experience making strategy games in the development of a brand-new Games Workshop title in a rich universe."

• LOVE IT! 7

"Cross platform" and "strategy" two words that DON'T typically go together well unless its turnbased. 

Which is no bad thing at all, solid turnbased games are great fun and that art style they've got going on looks very inspired by the Endless turnbased games; though it also leaves me wondering why they make a big claim on being cross platform in the same breath as showing single platform games as examples by their team. Could just mean that its PC focused. 

That said whatever they do they will be very hard pressed to beat Total War Warhammer. I'm also convinced that the CA team is taking TW Warhammer toward the end-times in its 3rd game (massive demonic invasion). Leaving the stage well set for them releasing "Total War Age of Sigmar" in the future

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Overread said:

"Cross platform" and "strategy" two words that DON'T typically go together well unless its turnbased

As long as cross-platform does not involve mobile then in listening...

While I would be really excited by TW AOS I’m conscious it is years away if not only because the lore building of AoS is not yet at the stage fantasy battle was. Sure there’s much more left to the imagination and creativity of developers but while that works well in a game that focuses only on one small part of the world (Shadespire a good example), a massive strategy game needs an entire world being created and I’m not sure CA is ready yet to go and create that (real world and warhammer world were already quite well detailed before they started even designing)....

But we can keep hoping, maybe a Saga game in a small part of one of the realms