The Rumour Thread

43 minutes ago, Ivo said:

New rumour engine

RumourEngine-Apr9-Content2vrd.jpg

I smell Soulblight.

@PJetski If your Allegiance Priests receive  prayers due to their Allegiance, then this does not convert prayers to Allegiance Abilities. Allegiance Abilities have a separate Section in the Battle Tomes.

so prayers can be used on any faction as long as it is not specified differently within the prayer‘s text.

=}

Sorry @Walrustaco but @PJetski is right on this one. These are all allegiance abilities. DSC_0082.JPG.a0da9433e524e1cc974e82ed8e50c144.JPG

So it includes spells prayers etc.

Here is the FAQ to back it up.Screenshot_2019-04-09-22-00-23.png.9a0ccda360e1c8eb850eb54a74940ecc.png

A prayer on the warscroll would be different. It could affect anyone if the wording permitted it. 

Regarding the rumour engine,  the promise of new battletomes for each alliance after FEC went on preorder and the missing warcry image suggests a new death faction is on the way. This could well be it.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Regarding the rumour engine,  the promise of new battletomes for each alliance after FEC went on preorder and the missing warcry image suggests a new death faction is on the way. This could well be it.

I hope not cause it would mean I have to start wondering if eating is something I can afford after Warcry, looncurse and a Soulblight release...

Yep, @JPjr is right. Your allied priest (e.g. Runesmith) cannot use that prayer, but you can still cast them on allied unit if the rules say "friendly unit" and not "KEYWORD unit". So only Fyreslayer priest can use them, but they can cast them on anybody.

4 minutes ago, JPjr said:

@Chikout unless I'm getting it all wrong, that's saying that allies do not get access to the main armies spells/prayers, not that the spells/prayers cant be used on allies.

It’s both. The faq says ‘use or benefit from’. I initially looked it up because I thought @PJetski was wrong but the opposite is true. Edit- it seems people can’t agree on this. Time to send an email to gw.

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Walrustaco said:

This is an allegiance ability. That’s just prayers.

D6B6CB61-7592-43BD-B2C9-A8039C4805DA.jpeg

Anything restricted by allegiance is an allegiance ability. A "Stormcast Eternals army" is an army that has the STORMCAST ETERNALS allegiance. 

Battle Traits are just one kind of allegiance ability. Artefacts, Prayers, Spell Lores, Command traits are other kinds of allegiance abilities. You must have the appropriate allegiance to use those abilities.

5 minutes ago, michu said:

Yep, @JPjr is right. Your allied priest (e.g. Runesmith) cannot use that prayer, but you can still cast them on allied unit if the rules say "friendly unit" and not "KEYWORD unit". So only Fyreslayer priest can use them, but they can cast them on anybody.

Allies cannot benefit from allegiance, therefore they cannot benefit from prayers learned from allegiance. You can technically target them but nothing will happen.

Yes allegiance given prayers spells and artifacts cannot be used by allies. which I don’t recall there being any prayers or spells which don’t target a keyword or enemy unit/model so it’s kind of a moot point.

Warscroll prayers and spells still work as long as the keyword or friendly unit is satisfied.

But yeah to continue this should probably go to th rules question subforum.

Regrowth from the Sylvaneth spell lore heals D6 to Sylvaneth or D3 to non Sylvaneth.

So that works on allies I guess?

EDIT - on topic I reckon the new rumour pic is one of the endless spells from Forbidden Power.

Edited by AdamR
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Regrowth from the Sylvaneth spell lore heals D6 to Sylvaneth or D3 to non Sylvaneth.

EDIT - on topic I reckon the new rumour pic is one of the endless spells from Forbidden Power.

Huh. Maybe prayers are allegiance abilities and spells aren’t? 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Are these Prayers/Magic Invocations/whatever supposed to be the direct intervention of the Fyreslayer god, or just the will of the priest made manifest? My understanding is their god is dead, which makes all this stuff just look like wizards and magic by another name. Feels like the Khorne situation again to me, where the idea of dwarves not being able to use magic has become pretty meaningless. 

10 minutes ago, AdamR said:

That battletome was written before the concept of Allies - it's a vestigial clause. 

Regrowth can be used on allies, but they will get no benefit.

1 minute ago, robinlvalentine said:

'Benefits from' seems like a super ambiguous phrase in this context. 

It's a broad wording so it can cover all possibilities and leave no loopholes for exploit. 

6 minutes ago, michu said:

I really like them a lot but how much the old endless spells pale in comparison... 3 out of 3 endless spell that cannot come back to the caster...

If anyone creates a thread about the benefit from allies section please ping it here. My understanding is that abilities like the 6 ward save on LoN cannot be given to allies but for example the gravesite mentions only friendly summonable units, while the 5+ ability that resurrects across all battlefield says “friendly LoN summonable units”. Wouldn’t make sense the different wording if it was not different behaviour...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

Are these Prayers/Magic Invocations/whatever supposed to be the direct intervention of the Fyreslayer god, or just the will of the priest made manifest? My understanding is their god is dead, which makes all this stuff just look like wizards and magic by another name. Feels like the Khorne situation again to me, where the idea of dwarves not being able to use magic has become pretty meaningless. 

Prayers arent tied directly to a gods action. Khaine is dead just like Grimnir but the prayers of the Daughters of Khaine still work.