The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, angrycontra said:

The extra wound is great but not as big deal as it may seem, provided that the rumours about fyreslayers losing their slayer saves is true, after all 4++ fnp is basically same as having 2 wounds. 

Agreed, but 4++ was only for 20+ guys, so now the pressure to take max size units is reduced.

EDIT - Ninja'd!

Edited by AdamR

The new stuff for Fyreslayers got me really excited, hopefully they keep the beard-save in some form. Or just lean into the Slaying part of things :D

I suddenly feel an urge to finish painting my angry naked dorf army 🤔

Edited by Mikeymajq

out of topic, but it looks like GW's has seem to move to releasing box set on limited runs, with Shadowspear only having a second printing before being discontinued afterward and what happen to Carrion Empire. 

I wonder if this trend hold true for future box set.

I've never been interested in this half naked dwarves army, maybe because it is soooo short (lol) in range of miniature. Basically, you have a boss, a boss on a monster and  all the tiny guys with orange beard. All of them look the same for me (just the weapon is different, could have been ONE kit to make them all).

BTW, the SC! box is far less interesing than before: it is one of the most expensive now after the rise of the price in february. To justify this, GW seems to make them an almost elite army. I am sad for all the players already loaded with hordes of orange guys.

A big pass for me (well, I didn't have the choice , I was taken between the anvil wallet and the hammer wife)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, novakai said:

out of topic, but it looks like GW's has seem to move to releasing box set on limited runs, with Shadowspear only having a second printing before being discontinued afterward and what happen to Carrion Empire. 

I wonder if this trend hold true for future box set.

I think the idea is to have a core box set with everything you need to play in it (such as Soul Wars or Dark Imperium) but they will also do these other sets as it's another nice way of getting people into the game or for existing players to get something for armies they have. So I think it's something we will see a lot more of. I suspect the Gloomspite teaser vs Sylvaneth is another one of these.

Also, not had chance for a proper read but new Fyreslayer stuff sounds amazing! I'm resisting going past a model shop near the train station on the way home to pick up a box of them!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I think the idea is to have a core box set with everything you need to play in it (such as Soul Wars or Dark Imperium) but they will also do these other sets as it's another nice way of getting people into the game or for existing players to get something for armies they have. So I think it's something we will see a lot more of. I suspect the Gloomspite teaser vs Sylvaneth is another one of these.

well it good to know now that if you want to guarantee to get those box sets, you probably have to pre-order ahead of time, or risk having to scour places to get it.

Looncurse is something I am interested in, so I best buy it right away instead of waiting on it

11 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Funnily enough prayers (at least this one) can target allies. That’s new as well, isn’ it? 

Nah, some do already it just depends on the wording. Bless Weapons and Divine Light for Stormcast can target allies, and you used to be able to Lightning Chariot allies before they changed it to Translocation. 

• Thanks 1

This update will be enough to get me to keep up my Fyreslayers, all I ever really needed was for the Aurics and Magmas to feel useful. I don't mind the nudity or even the sameyness. I've got mine all kitted out with unique weapons and some spare KO gear anyhow (they are teamed up with some Skywardens as a company of scavengers and mercs, The Gyrforge Buzzards).

My only other wishlist is to have Grimwraths be able to move/tunnel with Runesmiters as a unit. 3 of those suckers with a Runesmiter would be a fun alpha. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Requizen said:

Nah, some do already it just depends on the wording. Bless Weapons and Divine Light for Stormcast can target allies, and you used to be able to Lightning Chariot allies before they changed it to Translocation. 

Nice! Thanks for the heads up. 

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

Allies can never benefit from allegiance abilities. Prayer of Ash can target allies, but it will have no effect.

Hm, I don't think that's correct. They don't get passive effects, but spells are spells and they just place effects on the targets. Otherwise there would be no reason for spells/prayers to differentiate between "choose a friendly unit" and "choose a friendly <KEYWORD> unit", which they do quite often.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

Allies can never benefit from allegiance abilities. Prayer of Ash can target allies, but it will have no effect.

That's not an allegiance ability, so that limitation does not apply. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it is specified in their "Prayers" section that it will only affect Fyreslayers though. If not it is an intended effect. Makes sense, as these mighty dwarves with their ancient runic prowess would be able to bolster their allies in battle. Especially the save value. "Pfft, you call that golden piece of junk armour? Let me take a look at that.." 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, PJetski said:

2 wounds all the time is better than the ability to ignore wounds sometimes

Maths sir disagree with you.

50% save after save is 100% the same than 100% more wounds.

10 mortal wound done after save:

With the special save we only get 5 wounds so 5 models lost

With the 100% more wounds but lost the save after save we eat those 10 wound and loose 5 models

So it is 100% the same as maths tell us.sure we could faill every save after save but also we could save 100% of those saves,nobody who kmow stats would say that. It is a 50% chance

The truth is fyreslayers are getting a joke battletome that wont get them from mid\lower tier to god tier(or aos2 battletome tier)

That we know:

All the army have traded the 50% after save for 100% more wounds that is 100% the same

We are getting a +1 to hit one time per game in our axes but we have been nerfed from 4 hit and 4 wound to 5 hit and 5 wound. So we are getting a 15% nerf to our hit and wound in axes that is HUGE

Hearthguard getting double attacks is great sure,but they arent telling us how we have lost the attack twice of the battallion.so for people using the battallions we arent getting any buff.

Sure now we dont need run the battallion,also now we can field vulkites as 10 and not 30 but those are MINOR bufs that wont get us out of mid tier.

I hope we see some huge bufs in the terrain or points as the preview of today have been only lies(tell how we are great tank now with the extra wound but domt say how we have loose the special save etc)

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, prochuvi said:

Sure! If it wasn't for the fact that their save after save gets worse as their unit size decreases (in the case of vulkite berserkers at least) - which means it is a straight up improvement. Nevermind not having to deal with "bad dice" to have them ;)

• Like 8

2 hours ago, prochuvi said:

the math disagrees with you

New 2 wound models using mw is 60 assuming 30 man units

Old system 30 man

First 10 dead 4+ 20mw

Second 10 dead 5+ 15-16 mw

Third 10 dead 6+ 12 mw

So old system is 37 to 38 mw baring a hot roll or hot garbage rolls for saves. That's a 22-23 wound adavantage to new system that's consistant and not based off rng. They may still have a way to get a save after save and if they do even if it is prayer or something else. that unit will be difficult to shift.

4 hours ago, prochuvi said:

10 mortal wound done after save:

With the special save we only get 5 wounds so 5 models lost

With the 100% more wounds but lost the save after save we eat those 10 wound and loose 5 models

So it is 100% the same as maths tell us.sure we could faill every save after save but also we could save 100% of those saves,nobody who kmow stats would say that. It is a 50% chance

The truth is fyreslayers are getting a joke battletome that wont get them from mid\lower tier to god tier(or aos2 battletome tier)

That we know:

All the army have traded the 50% after save for 100% more wounds that is 100% the same

We are getting a +1 to hit one time per game in our axes but we have been nerfed from 4 hit and 4 wound to 5 hit and 5 wound. So we are getting a 15% nerf to our hit and wound in axes that is HUGE

Hearthguard getting double attacks is great sure,but they arent telling us how we have lost the attack twice of the battallion.so for people using the battallions we arent getting any buff.

Sure now we dont need run the battallion,also now we can field vulkites as 10 and not 30 but those are MINOR bufs that wont get us out of mid tier.

I hope we see some huge bufs in the terrain or points as the preview of today have been only lies(tell how we are great tank now with the extra wound but domt say how we have loose the special save etc)

Strange how you have access to the battletome already to know all about how the save doesn't exist anymore or how the battalion doesn't  give extra attacks anymore. 

Edited by Benkei
  • Like 9

30 minutes ago, Morovir said:

Do we know for certain that the save is gone? After all, when Bonesplittaz got their second wound, their Warpaint save just moved from their warscroll to the Allegiance Abilities.

If they keep their save a 10 man unit of vulkites will be at least 180 points, probably more. Bonesplitterz don't get a save after save.

29 minutes ago, Morovir said:

Do we know for certain that the save is gone? After all, when Bonesplittaz got their second wound, their Warpaint save just moved from their warscroll to the Allegiance Abilities.

All speculation at this point. When I went through the article, an additional wound plus 4+++ sounds absolute broken. Then I realize that (like many), an additional wound makes more sense if there's no warscroll after-save.  It's entirely possible that it becomes an allegiance ability … but seems unlikely. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Requizen said:

Hm, I don't think that's correct. They don't get passive effects, but spells are spells and they just place effects on the targets. Otherwise there would be no reason for spells/prayers to differentiate between "choose a friendly unit" and "choose a friendly <KEYWORD> unit", which they do quite often.

Rules are pretty clear on this.

Prayer of Ash is an ability exclusive to your allegiance, so Allies can never benefit from it. If it was on the warscroll then it would work on allies.

core book page 242.PNG

11 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Rules are pretty clear on this.

Prayer of Ash is an ability exclusive to your allegiance, so Allies can never benefit from it. If it was on the warscroll then it would work on allies.

core book page 242.PNG

Yeah but it’s not an allegiance ability, is it?  Just a prayer, innit.

• Like 2