The Rumour Thread

59 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

If their agenda on Battletomes is that frenetic, it would make a Sylvaneth/Wanderers tome more likely - not sure how I feel about that as a Wanderers player.  I personally would prefer them to slow down and ensure that each Battletome is created with care and keeps to the standard laid out by the more recent releases.  I don't want them to do a rush job under pressure to satisfy everyone.  I would prefer a good (and I don't necessarily mean powerful) Battletome later than a half-baked Battletome now.

I like the new tempo. It makes tomes last longer before they become irrelevant.

4 minutes ago, Charleston said:

I would be really carefull with connecting looncurse to a sylvaneth tome. Looncurse seems to be just a new boardgame. I wouldn´t relly expect something else behind it, as long as it does not change in to a release of carrion empire style

A few others were connecting it to possibly a Facebook or social media event as a possibility. Though a couple of elements from he looncurse trailer connect to some models in the rumor engine articles so..

2 hours ago, Charleston said:

I would be really carefull with connecting looncurse to a sylvaneth tome. Looncurse seems to be just a new boardgame. I wouldn´t relly expect something else behind it, as long as it does not change in to a release of carrion empire style

Here's the deal.  A lot of times, Games Workshop don't make these board games because they think people will actually play them as a game.  Oh sure, some times they do a big production release like Blackstone Fortress, that is a fully fleshed out and well-supported game.  But just as often you see little one-off games like Speed Freeks, which was a thinly-veiled way to package models that people will use in the main game (40k in this case).

I mean honestly, have you ever seen Speed Freeks played regularly?  Beyond maybe a handful of times when it was initially released?  Speed Freeks was catered to 40k Ork players as a way to sell models with their codex release.

So really, if this IS merely a board game, it makes the possibility of a Sylvaneth army book MORE likely, rather than less likely

Edited by mikethefish
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pitloze said:

I like the new tempo. It makes tomes last longer before they become irrelevant.

The tomes lasting longer is a good ambition, but that is why each tome needs to be  thought through properly to begin with, as you will then have to live with it for a long time, for good or bad.

29 minutes ago, King Taloren said:

Which afaik they have been doing a pretty good job with every book that has come out so far even with the accelerated schedule. I don’t recall anyone saying that any of the new books are bad or overpowered to Daughters of Khaine levels. 

I've been pretty impressed with the 2.0 roll out. It seems like the 2.0 books all play well together, with a few 1.0 books placing well on occasion. (I am including DoK, Deepkin, Nagash and Nurgle as 2.0). The main issues with 1.0 books is that they seem to have less internal balance than the 2.0, leading to a shortage of choices.

The 2.0 lists have been pretty varied as well, some smaller factions and some huge factions. Even the less tournament successful ones seem fun at least, I know I enjoy gloom spite, and wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing it place better as new things are tried. 

On 4/4/2019 at 7:48 PM, Skreech Verminking said:

Scurry-rise my children, the time has come!

Sharpen-ready your weapons for we will marsh-scurry to battle,

Yes-yes 

All things shall suffer-die-Die!!!

It’s isn’t really something for aos, buut since I heard from a few people/players hier who owned the game I thought it might be a good idea to post this video on the community website.

Great reference to pedrator there :) instant buy for me!!

I’m slowly starting a Gloomspite army, grots and spiders only for now (with Throgg that will be converted to be a Dankhold Trogboss), while a Branchwych is my first painted miniature for Warhammer ever, so a looncurse box is gonna hit my wallet dearly...

On the battletomes I think they are all really good. I didn’t read the last ones but those of last year are really good. BoC suffers a lot from not having new models and having gors not that useful, but with 3 leaders each bringing their own battleline you have lots of options. I just hope the new critters in Warcry will belong to BoC!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, King Taloren said:

Which afaik they have been doing a pretty good job with every book that has come out so far even with the accelerated schedule. I don’t recall anyone saying that any of the new books are bad or overpowered to Daughters of Khaine levels. 

I agree that the recent books have all been good and I have no issue with them, I'm working on my Gloomspites at the moment.  I simply want them to continue in this vein, even if it means the roll out is a bit slower than we might want, that's all.

Edited by Aelfric

6 minutes ago, Shearl said:

The Doomseeker is back, was he in silver tower? 

He was.

You could buy him separately for a while, then he randomly vanished for some unexplained reason along with a couple of the other standalones. Considering the Darkoath Chieftain is still available I can only assume the molds broke or something.

On 3/19/2019 at 1:27 PM, Travis Baumann said:

My Idoneth Aelves have purple skin, my Daughters of Khaine have blue skin, My Orruks have green skin, My Nurgle have yellow/olive skin.

My Nighthaunts have polished gold "skin" and skulls and while I don't count Stormcast as human per say, they will not have Caucasian skin when I get around to them... have not decided yet but I want them to look like some of the pictures of the lightning infused artwork so translucent skin with some sort of blue lightning underneath maybe.

My point is it is weird to discuss "real world diversity" in a game where humans are a minority and nothing dictates what anything can look like in this magical setting.

Sure but real people play this game and our fantasy settings are a reflection of our world so diversity does indeed matter. I think you know that but have instead chosen the “tHeRe ArEnT ElVeS iN tHe ReAL wOrLd” line to smokescreen. Like it or not the real world and our fantasy worlds are interwoven and it is telling what is and isn’t included. 

Edit: just realized my phone was being weird and this response was from forever ago but I still think it stands to be said. 

Edited by FlatTooth
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

I've been pretty impressed with the 2.0 roll out. It seems like the 2.0 books all play well together, with a few 1.0 books placing well on occasion. (I am including DoK, Deepkin, Nagash and Nurgle as 2.0). The main issues with 1.0 books is that they seem to have less internal balance than the 2.0, leading to a shortage of choices.

The 2.0 lists have been pretty varied as well, some smaller factions and some huge factions. Even the less tournament successful ones seem fun at least, I know I enjoy gloom spite, and wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing it place better as new things are tried. 

For most parts I think your right however the Nighhaunt tome appears to be a rush job IMO. Not exactly a bad army but very weirdly written. Also some of the miniature boxes have very odd contents. 

To name but a few of the issues discussed in the Nighthaunt thread.

- Our Mortach is really easy to kill and not very effective anyway. Isn’t she suppose to be our Arkhan/Manfred/Morathi/Allarielle?

- Our alligence abilities are based around mobility and the wave of terror. However with almost no way to buff the WoT it really comes down to nothing but luck in the end. Not easy to plan around.

- Banshee heroes are useless in almost every game since we can’t build an army on debuffing bravery. 

- We can’t have the mortis engine despite it being made of spirithosts and banshees and they even sell it in the Malignants box.

- Our Endless spells sucks. As in A LOT

- Three of our main units pretty much fill the same roll.

- Why is the only way to get chainghasts, a named box with an unnamed spirit torment as well? 

- why does the dreadblade harrow hero come in a box of two?

- why is the Lord executioner so useless at exexuting anything? They even made an artifact clearly for him yet it doesn’t buff his ability.  Due to the wording ‘unmodified’ roll of 6.

- Same issue but foe the Knight of Shroud on foot. That fresh new model from Malign Portents lost all credibility when th NH tome came out.

- And the prize taker. How come our best unit Grimghast Reapers work better outside our army? Thats a real kick in the ghostly theeth.

Not trying to whine here I think NH are a cool army capable of winning games on any given sunday, But how and why the designers made the choices they did is an enigma to me.

TBH the first three BT for AoS 2.0 had their distinct downsides

SC BT made a lot of the older model pale in comparison to the Sacroscant chamber

Nighthaunt, what stated above ^ and being kind of overshadowed by LoN

BoC: the power of the tome seem to be more on the Tzaangors part of the army then vanilla Beastmen

18 minutes ago, Painbringer said:

Guys, WH page on Instagram posted this a few hours ago:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv9XqoGFYYe/?utm_source=ig_web_options_share_sheet

Take a look at the logos on the board that is shown in the clip - there are Mordheim and Battlefleet Gothic. So the question is - does this mean something?

Probably not, there's an old 40k and WHFB logo on there too so I think it's more of a history kind of thing. It would be cool though.

Edited by Dirtnaps

So Warscroll cards have already gone to limited time only and they had trouble with getting the Skaven ones out and now unless I'm missing something, it doesn't look like Fyreslayers are getting any at all. Hopefully it was just left off by accident and this isn't warscroll cards going away entirely.