The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Travis Baumann said:

On yesterday's Warhammer Weekly Tom mentioned a few rumors he heard about the Sylvaneth / Gloomspite box.   New Sylvaneth hero, something Branchwychy apparently and there are rumors of a new Wyldwood scenery piece.  They speculated a bit about whether this would be a supplemental scenery piece or replacing the old Wyldwood (apparently it will have a round base if the rumors are correct).

Tom also elaborated a bit more on the Fyreslayers from things he heard saying it is a pretty significant re-write of scrolls and abilities (nothing about new miniatures though).

Nothing about a new goblin hero?

5 minutes ago, zamerion said:

Nothing about a new goblin hero?

Since they just got so much new stuff, and have so many warscrolls, if anything  i would expect an old hero to get a new plastic sculpt.  Candidates (imo) include:

Madcap shaman
Scuttleboss
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig
or maybe an alternate sculpt for normal Loonboss... 

I feel somewhat confident that they will not release a new unit immediately after releasing a new battletome + warscroll cards... that would be very poor planning. 

Edited by sorokyl

2 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Since they just got so much new stuff, and have so many warscrolls, if anything  i would expect an old hero to get a new plastic sculpt.  Candidates (imo) include:

Madcap shaman
Scuttleboss

I feel somewhat confident that they will not release a new unit immediately after releasing a new battletome + warscroll cards... that would be very poor planning. 

Poor planning or great planning depending on the goal. If they have a great alternative sculpt exclusively  available through the box, like the nurgle wheel, it will help to sell the box to gloomspite players and people on the fence.

If it’s a new warscroll making all the tomes outdated it’s horrible planning indeed.  

28 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Madcap shaman
Scuttleboss

Well the preview showed a squig hopper, so I doubt it has to do with the spiderfang. I don't think it'll be new shaman or foot Loonboss sculpts, we already have a dozen and one ways to get those models. I'd bet a big handful of dosh on the box including a new Loonboss on GCS. No need to change the warscroll and we get an updated sculpt for a model that desperately needed it (and that plenty of people are using for their squig armies).

For me, the box would be an instant buy if it included any Rockguts. Doubt it will though.

Edited by Mutton

3 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Scurry-rise my children, the time has come!

Sharpen-ready your weapons for we will marsh-scurry to battle,

Yes-yes 

All things shall suffer-die-Die!!!

It’s isn’t really something for aos, buut since I heard from a few people/players hier who owned the game I thought it might be a good idea to post this video on the community website.

Haha! Ikit is such a great character!

via anonymous sources on Faeit 212
All existing AoS factions will get battle tomes this year similar to the Skavens vs Flesh eaters
AoS will be seeing very constant updates through the rest of 2019
Free people are getting a big AoS update on the near horizon. This has been long in the works and will update the range.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 5

56 minutes ago, Sete said:

All existing AoS factions will get battle tomes this year similar to the Skavens vs Flesh eaters
Free people are getting a big AoS update on the near horizon. This has been long in the works and will update the range.

Sorry for being greedy but ....Got anything on the darkoath and their tome and models?

By my count there's around 14 armies currently on sale without a battletome and around 8 months still left in the year. If GW can push out 2 battletomes a month for AoS then they can reach that target. 

Of course this does not include any new armies and is also a value that might change because GW might combine some armies or split some up. So the number could go up or down - GW could also remove models and armies from the game still. 

So to hear that there's Tomes coming is good, but we already pretty much know that they are coming. It's rather a case of GW's overall actual plan for things and any specifics on rough dates certain things might come out.

1 hour ago, Sete said:

In our playgroup we've a Dispossessed player (me), a Slave to Darkness player  and an Ironjaw player. I hope that this news is true for every player that stuck with the army he loved  for all this time!

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Overread said:

By my count there's around 14 armies currently on sale without a battletome and around 8 months still left in the year. If GW can push out 2 battletomes a month for AoS then they can reach that target. 

Of course this does not include any new armies and is also a value that might change because GW might combine some armies or split some up. So the number could go up or down - GW could also remove models and armies from the game still. 

So to hear that there's Tomes coming is good, but we already pretty much know that they are coming. It's rather a case of GW's overall actual plan for things and any specifics on rough dates certain things might come out.

depend on if they release stuff during Nov-Dec holiday season, GW doesn't tend to release much stuff during those two months

heck, Fyreslayer doesn't look like it going to be release until the later part of this month TBH

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sete said:

My only hesitation with this Free Peoples rumor is that Josh Reynolds had something on twitter a few weeks ago (maybe a month?) where he posted about wanting to write the Free Peoples Battletome and the studio director dude said something along the lines of "sent you a PM."  Assuming that means they want @JReynolds to write it, that seems like it might be coming but not all that soon.

• Like 4

14 more Battletomes this year seems like a stretch, even with GW’s increased release schedule. I could definitely see them getting the existing Battletomes updated though.

Haven’t been on Faeit for a long time, it just became re-posts from the Warhammer Community site - has Natfka had any reliable rumours for a while?

On 4/4/2019 at 5:17 PM, Mutton said:

Well the preview showed a squig hopper, so I doubt it has to do with the spiderfang. I don't think it'll be new shaman or foot Loonboss sculpts, we already have a dozen and one ways to get those models. I'd bet a big handful of dosh on the box including a new Loonboss on GCS. No need to change the warscroll and we get an updated sculpt for a model that desperately needed it (and that plenty of people are using for their squig armies).

For me, the box would be an instant buy if it included any Rockguts. Doubt it will though.

I agree that a plastic Loonboss on cave sqiug(along with a retinue of squig riders and maybe other squigs) would be a good way to add new Gloopspite without any new unit per se. Of the Moonclan stuff without a new model it probably sticks out the most.

6 hours ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

14 more Battletomes this year seems like a stretch, even with GW’s increased release schedule. I could definitely see them getting the existing Battletomes updated though.

Haven’t been on Faeit for a long time, it just became re-posts from the Warhammer Community site - has Natfka had any reliable rumours for a while?

I think they can get at least most of them updated by the end of the year if they keep doing the dual releases such as FEC and Skaven, and now Fyreslayers and Slaanesh. Soon we will have five battletomes released and it's only the start of April.  There might be a few stragglers left to update going into 2020.

1 hour ago, Riavan said:

Considering they keep saying one of each alliance will get a tome this year. Seems like a huge stretch for them to make tomes for everyone

They said at least one from each grand alliance. Slaanesh will already be the second chaos book since that announcement. We know for sure that Fyreslayers and Slaanesh are coming. The looncurse hint makes a Sylvaneth book a very high possibility. There was a rumour that ko and Sylvaneth would get updated battletomes alongside thier underworlds warbands. If we get a ko book too, that could mean 8 books in the first six months of the year. I think we won’t get an Aelves book until next year and slaves to Darkness will probably be saved until after all six Warcry warbands are out.  

It is not impossible that they will do a combined Orruk book and a combined Ogor book. If we do those plus free peoples, dispossessed, Tzeentch and Seraphon in the second half of the year we get six books in six months which is not impossible. This would bring us pretty close to being fully up to date.

Personally I don’t think we will get that many and we may get an all new death book this year. My feeling is that we will get new books with only spells and scenery for ko, Seraphon and beastclaw raiders and a big release for new death and free peoples this year. That would make for 12 books this year which is pretty good really. It would also make for 4 big miniatures releases and and one medium sized one  (gloomspite, Slaanesh, new death, free peoples and Khorne) which is the same as last year. (Nurgle, DoK, Deepkin, Stormcast and nighthaunt) 

• LOVE IT! 1

If their agenda on Battletomes is that frenetic, it would make a Sylvaneth/Wanderers tome more likely - not sure how I feel about that as a Wanderers player.  I personally would prefer them to slow down and ensure that each Battletome is created with care and keeps to the standard laid out by the more recent releases.  I don't want them to do a rush job under pressure to satisfy everyone.  I would prefer a good (and I don't necessarily mean powerful) Battletome later than a half-baked Battletome now.

• Like 1