The Rumour Thread

19 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Wait really? That’s an FEC symbol? Holy moly that sounds awesome, I’d love more new sculpts for FEC. Then what’s the flaming skull supposed to be? Nighthaunt? Also what are the Order symbols? Anyone has any idea what they are, excluding the thunderbolt because obviously that’s Sigmar

Also ghys, I seriously believe that the 2 rumor engine photos, earwig bum bum and the wing that everyone thought was either FEC or vespid wing is gonna be in looncurse, the flying earwig (my worst nightmare...) looks like it will be a familiar attached o a hero, similar to the cute grub guy on the branchwych, so likely a new hero? Maybe a new remade scenery for sylvaneth? 

For Gloomspite Gitz, I feel like they will update old models, such as loonboss on/and cave squig, and maybe madcap Shaman; it’s unlikely they’ll add new warscrolls 

The way they announced that non-chaos factions would have rules when Warcry is launched, I don't think they'll have new war bands with new models. Instead I think they'll have have rules for existing models, the same way Genestealer cults and Chaos cults get rules in Necromunda where it a neat add on a nice to have, but the real focus is still really on the Chaos war bands.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

I'm going to guess a new Fabius Bile and we'll see the Emperor's Children get the same treatment as the Thousand Sons and the Deathguard.

Would make sense, except Fabius Bile left the Emperors Children behind after the heresy and would remain in Codex:Heretik Astartes  when EC's get their own. Could still be they release him along the other EC's, either as an independent release or with some new lore of him being brought back into the fold, but it's far from certain.

8 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Would make sense, except Fabius Bile left the Emperors Children behind after the heresy and would remain in Codex:Heretik Astartes  when EC's get their own. Could still be they release him along the other EC's, either as an independent release or with some new lore of him being brought back into the fold, but it's far from certain.

Good point, but he'd still be a good candidate for a near future release for the generic Chaos space marine stuff too. 

7 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

or with some new lore of him being brought back into the fold, but it's far from certain.

Not to get too deep into 40K here, but I think that's most likely. Ahriman and Thypus both were doing their own thing more or less and have been brought back to their Primarch when they got their book. 

In regards to War Cry, I would love all new sets for the non-chaos war bands but judging from the way GW puts the focus on Chaos the others will most likely be rules only.

4 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

why the stormcast heads then? just had it pointed out to me, an its a solid point 

The team itself was disbanded however they still did some work. Also its not to say that FW isn't doing any more AoS stuff just that they've no longer a team dedicated only to AoS stuff. Though with no real idea as to the roles, tasks and such behind the scenes we really can't tell how this will impact AoS development from FW. 

It might be the team was a neat idea but proved impractical or lacked key skills in certain areas of development; or maybe FW is jsut overpressured and can't keep up everywhere and has to tone that back even more. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

why the stormcast heads then? just had it pointed out to me, an its a solid point 

The team doesn't exist but there may still be a AoS sculptor there, but it's not a dedicated team (rules are now tackled by the appropriate GW design team).  Happened early part of this year, so those items will have been sculpted the middle/end of last year at a guess (normally 6 to 12 month turn around on a resin miniature).

1 minute ago, Overread said:

It might be the team was a neat idea but proved impractical or lacked key skills in certain areas of development; or maybe FW is jsut overpressured and can't keep up everywhere and has to tone that back even more. 

One reason that I can see (at least from a 40k perspective) was that the Neil and Anuj who are the rules writers dealing with the Age of Darkness ruleset were having to take time out to write rules for new 30k units in 40k, which ultimately contributed to some of the delays on the black books.  As far as I could understand there wasn't a justification given to the staff involved, just that the decision had been made and they were moved around.

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 9:43 PM, Rogue Explorator said:

I'd be shocked if there wasn't a special character build for the KoS. They've got a band to complete there.

But I wouldn't bet on it being N'kari. Both Rotigus was a complete unknown. I'm not entirely sure when Scarbrand cropped up, I think he spend some time with rules but no model? Either way, there where far more established Bloodthirster around, like Ka'Bandha, when he was first introduced as well.

All in all they seem to go for a appearance distinct from other Greater Daemons of their kind for the SCs and N'kari was always described as a rather generic KoS in appearance. Does carry a fancy stick, iirc, but that hardly competes with torn of wings, two heads or a face growing out of an arm for the recognition value.

Skarbrand has been around for ages.  I'm not 100% sure but I think he's been around since they started developing Khorne's lore. He featured in the first Thanquol novel that came out in 2009 at the very least. He didn't get a model until End Times though. I don't think Ka'Bandha have been feature in Warhammer fantasy or AoS before.

The big named Greater Daemons have been Skarbrand, N'Kari, Ku'gath, and Fateweaver. I think the reason they made Rotigus instead of Ku'gath is that Ku'gath is always depicted as going around with a massive palanquin carried by a ton of Nurglings that would have been a lot of extra work to sculpt and would have probably required he be a separate kit which they might not have wanted anymore.

Edited by Forrix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

am I going mad or wasn't there an almost exactly identical rumour engine a while ago (without the upside down face) that turned up on a recently revealed model.

this is doing my head in but I'm positive something was shown recently with that kind of staple-esque stitching, either that or I'm stuck in the universe's most underwhelming and really, really boring temporal anomaly.

Edited by JPjr

17 hours ago, Chikout said:

That symbol is FEC not soulblight. You can see it in the firestorm supplement.

That makes actually a lot of sense. FEC are  one of the easiest warband to create in Skirmish today, if not the cheapest (a crypt ghoul box gives you exactly 250 renown).

As people said already the 9 factions at release will most likely not have any new models but just rules, with the exception of the yet unknown 9th faction that could mean (conspiracy theory here) that is a yet to be revealed new faction. Would make a lot of sense to have not shown the symbol yet if that was true. However to keep balance would need to be Death (3 seems to be Order, 3 Destruction and only 2 Death), but we haven't seen any rumour engine linked to new death models...

8 hours ago, Kaz said:

Wait really? That’s an FEC symbol? Holy moly that sounds awesome, I’d love more new sculpts for FEC. Then what’s the flaming skull supposed to be? Nighthaunt? Also what are the Order symbols? Anyone has any idea what they are, excluding the thunderbolt because obviously that’s Sigmar

According to the rumours I read on this same site, from top left: Bonesplitters, Daughters of Khaine, FEC, Gloomspite, Idoneth, Ironjawz, Nighthaunt, Stormcasts

On 3/31/2019 at 5:04 PM, NurglesFirstChosen said:

Lol they said we hadn’t ‘seen’ everything during the conference. Haha brick wall vs head moment. 

Still doesn’t mean mortals are inbound. I’d like there to be but no one knows. 

Did you see the ‘new’ news of this going around? Apparently at that Q&A they said the new models would have rules for AoS and 40k, dunno if they meant all the models or what. Obviously dual rules for all models cuts against any mortals for AoS.

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

As an aside, I'm sort of surprised they haven't yet invented a 5th Chaos god (Horned Rat doesn't count), if only so they can double-dip on the AoS+40k action.

They may surprise us yet! No idea what that would look like though. I suspect they'd refresh one of their old chaos gods if they went that direction, or maybe messed around with (great) Old Ones as a non-chaos Age of Sigmar//40k alternative. 

Edited by Mayple

2 hours ago, Austin said:

Did you see the ‘new’ news of this going around? Apparently at that Q&A they said the new models would have rules for AoS and 40k, dunno if they meant all the models or what. Obviously dual rules for all models cuts against any mortals for AoS.

As I said earlier, I think the reason they didn't show mortals yet was so they could say this. The preview was very aos heavy. This was a good way of throwing 40k players a bone. 

I think warhammer fest next month will have much more 40k stuff. They can show aos mortals then as a balance the other way. 

7 hours ago, Mutton said:

As an aside, I'm sort of surprised they haven't yet invented a 5th Chaos god (Horned Rat doesn't count), if only so they can double-dip on the AoS+40k action.

You don’t count! 🐀👑 

Sulks in the corner ;) 

Edited by Kramer

3 hours ago, Mutton said:

You don’t count the great horned rat, true and only chaos god in the 9 mortal realms🧐?

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

I will be very bummed if there are no Slaanesh mortals.

Also though it’s admittedly a great looking model, I’m somehow not feeling the KoS. Will wait to see the other options in the box ofc. If the other 3 are any example, I’m sure there will be a ton of options.