The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Ok, but does it seem at odds with the Slaanesh aesthetic?

it sounds like the kind of music they'd play in a bad '00s Hollywood film where someone goes to a 13 yr olds idea of an 'edgy underground rave' and lots of people that look like they're from LA engage in performative acts of hilariously mild social taboo busting.

so yeah it works pretty well TBF.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Kronos said:

I’m optimistic that not only will there be more mortal units, I think they’re going to be the showstoppers. Much in the way Gloomspite revealed the gobbos and squigs, and then the big juicy stuff like manglers and Trolls were shown/leaked. There’s a lot of cat hing up to do in terms of Champions representing Slaanesh. The. Urrent marauders on Steeds kind of fill the role of pusgoykes, tzaangor  enlightened and Crushers. So I think we may still see some foot type troops (or snake bodied going bythe aelves).

It’s a very Nice release as it it, and it msy be hopeful hype, but I can’t see gw missing out on Mortals for the Dark Prince. They Also haven’t revealed armies in full for some time now. Time will tell.

On another Note, Creature Casters “Ectasy” Range revealed, for the most part, at adepticon kinda blew gw’s reveal out the water in terms of quality. Though GW’s kos wins it for simply for the subtlety, which is refreshing. The Drakon Ogre Centaur not-shaggoth is stunning tOo.

DA99FB4D-40AB-43F4-A580-E5C75B9A860F.jpeg

F00E4913-1951-4129-AE67-ABDE012E4D2E.jpeg

I had to change my pants after seeing Creature Caster's totally-not-a-Shaggoth. The things I would do to get him on my painting desk right now...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Overread said:

FW has ignored fantasy for ages  - heck FW has ignored a lot of factions that aren't Marines or Imperials. I think the only faction they've shown big attention to outside of them has been Tau. 

I wager part of it just might be that FW has been focused on machines and demonic machines and space marines for so long that they don't actually have skilled people within their team who are animal based for monsters, beasts and dragons. Or if they do they've only got one or two who have too much workload to achieve a good output. 

The other sad thing is that apparently the AoS team they formed to make AoS stuff has been disbanded and rolled back into FW proper again and the only thing they output was some alternate heads for Stormcast. Though I think FW might turn it around I'm really saddened at how little they have on offer for fantasy - esp since AoS is so exceptionally ripe for them. Monsters of the Realms; God Beasts; dragons; demons; there's such a vast lore wealth they can pull from it would be a fantasy sculptors dream to work for 

there is this, and on top of all that's been said,  old GW didn't help matters.

You couldn't take FW models to throne of skulls events as FW units or models.   They got alienated and not really seen as 'viable for the cost' alternatives.

I can understand why they just concentrated all their pennies into their known good cash cow.  Its easier for them.

Disappointing though is the lack of updates rather than stuff that you get the feeling overall that they were just told to throw AoS something every now and again.

If we had Fw stuff in GHB and the community helped out as you say, then I do believe we'd see them start to take us seriously when able.

A new monstrous arcanum would be great, with scrolls of binding of beasts again - make a change to have some more endless spells of endlessness.

The original Monstrous Arcanum had a really nice chart for what faction would realistically bind what.  Things like chaos Dwarfs binding magma dragons into service for instance.

Come on, if they brought back Rhinox Calvalry for Beastclaw Raiders they'd be sold out in minutes.

The marienburg landship for Ironweld arsenal?

Part of me wishes GW would just offer some kind of mutually beneficial deal with Creature Caster, whereby they would do what Forgewolrd seems intent on not doing (i.e. making fantasy models for GW games).

That's not to say CC would accept this, but it would be great if some of these things were "official" for shops, GW events, etc.

Edited by Kyriakin

5 hours ago, JPjr said:

it sounds like the kind of music they'd play in a bad '00s Hollywood film where someone goes to a 13 yr olds idea of an 'edgy underground rave' and lots of people that look like they're from LA engage in performative acts of hilariously mild social taboo busting.

so yeah it works pretty well TBF.

Dunno 'bout others, but my gf and I go to strip clubs pretty regularly, and we hear this sort of music pretty often. 😁

Edited by Sleboda
  • Haha 1

Ha, I can well imagine, though I doubt many attendees are there specifically to see their favourite DJs take the crowd on an emotional yet educational musical journey...

Been a few years since I’ve been to one but thankfully fetish clubs (in the uk anyway) used to opt for a more palatable, to me anyway, mix of techno, synth pop and industrial. If i have to be in the presence of lots of horny men I want to at least enjoy the music...

12 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I don't think Slaanesh will get any mortals, if you count the enrapturess, fiends, KoS, masque, Xerxes, mirror buddies, endless spells and scenery piece that's 8 new boxes. 

Gloomspite got 12 kits. Nighthaunt got 14 not counting the starter set. Stormcast got 12 in their recent wave. All armies that already had some kits. 

8 new boxes is not that big a release in recent times. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Gloomspite got 12 kits. Nighthaunt got 14 not counting the starter set. Stormcast got 12 in their recent wave. All armies that already had some kits. 

Aye but lets remember its not all in isolation. GW is making lots of new models on a regular basis and as they are clearly pushing AoS heavily this year they have clear limits on what can be produced. It's likely that Battletome limits are pressuring them to release faster plus who knows there might be other armies getting way bigger releases this year or just lots of medium scale releases which all eat up money and production time. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HollowHills said:

I don't think Slaanesh will get any mortals, if you count the enrapturess, fiends, KoS, masque, Xerxes, mirror buddies, endless spells and scenery piece that's 8 new boxes. 

I believe one of the guys at WarhammerWeekly said during the reveal the GW guys said what they were showing "wasn't everything." Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I believe we'll get some Slaanesh mortals. After all, we know at least some are coming to Warcry.

It's not directly AoS news, but next week only the Lord Discordant goes up for preorder. That means they are saving up the Executioner and Dark Apostle for the week after.

So they are really, really stretching out the CSM release. After the quick rollout of stuff at the start of the year, to me that seems like an indicator that they are at their production limit again, so miniature releases in general might be coming more slowly in the near future.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chikout said:

Nor is it small. Don´t forgett all 3 Factions you count were teased as huge releases with malign portents, heralds and that they also redefined their factions. Next one up for this treatments are Slaves/Everchosen/Darkoath. Slaanesh getting a pretty big release out of sudden that actually makes their range one of the top notch ones is quite a big deal (one, that Slaanesh really deserves). Yes, the army will be pretty deamon-heavy, but yet we do not know what mortal units may follow, maybe with the mentioned StD/Warcry Wave this year. Btw also if you want Slaanesh Mortals you still can utilize StD-Units. Kairyc Acolytes are a great seminude base for Slaanesh Marauders.

1 minute ago, Charleston said:

Nor is it small. Don´t forgett all 3 Factions you count were teased as huge releases with malign portents, heralds and that they also redefined their factions. Next one up for this treatments are Slaves/Everchosen/Darkoath. Slaanesh getting a pretty big release out of sudden that actually makes their range one of the top notch ones is quite a big deal (one, that Slaanesh really deserves). Yes, the army will be pretty deamon-heavy, but yet we do not know what mortal units may follow, maybe with the mentioned StD/Warcry Wave this year. Btw also if you want Slaanesh Mortals you still can utilize StD-Units. Kairyc Acolytes are a great seminude base for Slaanesh Marauders.

Not exactly out of the blue. Gw started the hype for slaanesh dec 2018. Slaanesh may or may not get some mortals with this release - no one knows.

We know a few things - Gw said we haven’t seen all the models that are part of the Hedonites release. Also the cover of the Hedonites contains only daemons. 

I wouldn’t be shocked if there are no mortals because of the cover art, but no one really knows. It intrigues me what else they’re holding back. 

@Charleston maybe the longer roll out of csm is simple due to demand, because they can be used for any of the 4 chaos gods. The demand must be pretty huge for that reason. 

2 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I think what we will see is a named KoS as all three other greater daemons have a named version. Then potentially a new plastic herald. 

If there was going to be a big mortal release they would have shown at least one I think. 

I agree, they properly would have. Only reason they could possibly have held all the mortals back if they didn’t give away the mortals ascetics. As I say though I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just daemon because of the cover art. 

8 minutes ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

I agree, they properly would have. Only reason they could possibly have held all the mortals back if they didn’t give away the mortals ascetics. As I say though I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just daemon because of the cover art. 

I'm looking at the Disciples of Tzeentch cover right now and the only discernibly mortal characters are Stormcast.

• Like 3

I just don't think the battletome cover means much.  The BoK cover has no daemons on it, new Stormcast cover had no Sequitors, Gloomspite didn't show the Trolls or Boingrotz, Fyreslayers only have one model type anyway (too soon?), so I think they just do what looks awesome and the new cover for HoS does look amazing.

I think the best argument FOR mortals is that if they don't do them now it would probably mean that they won't be out for a year or more which would be odd considering all Chaos Gods except the Dark Prince have them.

And of course the two best arguments AGAINST mortals is the limited nature of many releases lately, plus the lack of explicit "this isn't all we have coming out" in the big reveal.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Austin said:

I just don't think the battletome cover means much.  The BoK cover has no daemons on it, new Stormcast cover had no Sequitors, Gloomspite didn't show the Trolls or Boingrotz, Fyreslayers only have one model type anyway (too soon?), so I think they just do what looks awesome and the new cover for HoS does look amazing.

I think the best argument FOR mortals is that if they don't do them now it would probably mean that they won't be out for a year or more which would be odd considering all Chaos Gods except the Dark Prince have them.

And of course the two best arguments AGAINST mortals is the limited nature of many releases lately, plus the lack of explicit "this isn't all we have coming out" in the big reveal.

They did say it wasn’t all that was coming out during the conference. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

They did say it wasn’t all that was coming out during the conference. 

Yeah I keep seeing people who say they heard that from someone else, but I have not yet seen a person who was there say "I was there and heard them say that." I am trying to not doubt that it happened, but you know how the telephone game works.

Unless you were there, and then I have just been not paying attention very well haha.

2 minutes ago, Austin said:

Yeah I keep seeing people who say they heard that from someone else, but I have not yet seen a person who was there say "I was there and heard them say that." I am trying to not doubt that it happened, but you know how the telephone game works.

Unless you were there, and then I have just been not paying attention very well haha.

Watch the weekly warhammer video by Vince Venturalla who was there. According to him they did. 

What it actually means is another matter. No one knows. 

Edited by NurglesFirstChosen
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Austin said:

The thing is they didn't mention in photos or specifically call out the terrain feature taht shows in the video. Also whilst they showed it off they didn't mention anything about the two deamons and the mirror/portal. So "its not all" doesn't mean that we are going to see more models; just that they will flesh out what hints we have seen already. 

Marketing talk is always hazy when it comes to stuff like this and its always best to treat it as worst-case. Which in this situation means we've seen all the new models we will get for a while. 

Just now, Overread said:

The thing is they didn't mention in photos or specifically call out the terrain feature taht shows in the video. Also whilst they showed it off they didn't mention anything about the two deamons and the mirror/portal. So "its not all" doesn't mean that we are going to see more models; just that they will flesh out what hints we have seen already. 

Marketing talk is always hazy when it comes to stuff like this and its always best to treat it as worst-case. Which in this situation means we've seen all the new models we will get for a while. 

Lol they said we hadn’t ‘seen’ everything during the conference. Haha brick wall vs head moment. 

Still doesn’t mean mortals are inbound. I’d like there to be but no one knows. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

Watch the weekly warhammer video by Vince Venturalla who was there. According to him they did. 

What it actually means is another matter. No one knows. 

Ok cool, thanks for pointing that out.  Yeah we are all going to speculate this into the ground haha.  BUT- at least the rumor thread will be full of people with rumors about an upcoming release.  Chaos brings everyone together.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1