The Rumour Thread

19 minutes ago, Nos said:

It’s all good, no worries!

I’ve found on forums if you think something it’s best to be robust about it because people will call you out if they disagree without hesitation. I’ve no issue with someone coming back at me for something I have conviction about. I’m also very happy to say if I was wrong about something, as with the KOS, didn’t think that would come so early at all. I also didn’t expect FEC and Skaven so quick after the Gitz. Lots of things I’ve been proven wrong on!

It’s just with this as I have hopefully explained above I genuinely don’t see it as big a release as I think most people were talking about Slaanesh getting.

Take away the new KOS model and as with the rest of the armies this year besides Gitz who really did get a big release, it’s just the same: an existing army gets a dedicated tome, Endless Spells, terrain and a couple heroes. So I was kind of baffled as to why I was getting called out for saying it wasnt a big release, other than from a narrative aspect, which I’d already touched on, when from my perspective what I had predicted was pretty much borne out by what was teased (KOS notwithstanding).

But for anyone who cares that surely makes my perspective clear. Agree or disagree as you wish, there’s no more for me to say either way! 

I hope you are deeply, truly, blazingly wrong about this release.  Shockingly wrong even.

However....the most likely outcome is that we will all be sad in a few weeks/months and you will be shaking your head like a parent whose kid just had to touch that stovetop. You tried, and we just didn't listen.  Now its time to get the ice bucket. 

Its appropriate that a Slaanesh release will find a way to hurt me.

• Like 1

Slaanesh looks like 99% like a big release. Greater daemon? Check. Announced with a lot of time? Check. Building hype on teasers and trailers? Check. Many models? Check. Space and time for surprises? Very likely.

Since they revealed the triple organization of Slaanesh hordes, it has been plainly obvious that the major Slaanesh release would not be tied to his/her being freed. 

12 hours ago, Austin said:

And I categorically disagree that nobody would buy models if GW clearly communicated a release schedule. 

1) I don't believe I said "nobody."

2) As someone who was privy to the decision making process, I fan tell you that release schedules were held close to the vest specifically, in part, to prevent customers from refraining from making purchases.

Not a guess. Knowledge.

21 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

1) I don't believe I said "nobody."

2) As someone who was privy to the decision making process, I fan tell you that release schedules were held close to the vest specifically, in part, to prevent customers from refraining from making purchases.

Not a guess. Knowledge.

I have no inside information on this but let’s be real...

“I can tell you that release schedules were held close to the vest specifically, in part, to prevent customers from refraining from making purchases.”

This is clearly true. Like unarguably. Sure it might not be the only reason but “to prevent customers from refraining from making purchases” is certainly on the minds of decision makers. I'm not even trying to claim if this is good or bad practice. Just to say it is not happening is mind blowing.

I have played GW games for over 15 years and if you don’t think the above is exactly how GW practices you are not paying attention.

Edited by svnvaldez

4 minutes ago, svnvaldez said:

I have no inside information on this but let’s be real...

“I can tell you that release schedules were held close to the vest specifically, in part, to prevent customers from refraining from making purchases.”

This is clearly true. Like unarguably. Sure it might not be the only reason but “to prevent customers from refraining from making purchases” is certainly on the minds of decision makers. I'm not even trying to claim if this is good or bad practice. Just to say it is not happening is mind blowing.

I have played GW games for over 15 years and if you don’t think the above is exactly how GW practices you are not paying attention.

I’m not saying that GW isn’t doing it on purpose.  I’m saying I disagree with it. 

• Like 1

Regarding Slaanesh,  I think we will get mortals. There are a few reasons. I went back and watched the reveal trailers for gloomspite and gsc. The gloomspite reveal was missing,  the troggoths,  the the dankhold Troggoth, the snufflers and the loonboss. The gsc trailer was missing the new buggy. Even khorne had the the new Herald as a surprise release. 

The adepticon show was very aos focused. The only new minis shown for 40k were the Slaanesh minis.  in the preview article the section was headed Realm of Chaos,  not aos. I think GW wanted this to feel like more of a dual game release. Showing the mortals which would only be usable in AoS would dilute that message. 

The hellstriders will look mighty lonely in the new book without any mortal friends. 

GW has gone from doing a mortal only book with the first chaos battletome to bringing them together with daemons in recent books. This makes the idea of a second mortal Slaanesh book unlikely. 

The cover of the battletome only has daemons on it but so does the Tzeentch book. 

Being the only chaos God without a mortal infantry unit would make them feel like the least important God. I doubt GW wants to encourage that opinion. 

I think there is a good chance we will see mortals at warhammer fest in May, with a battletome release later that month.  

An interesting side note is that six of the armies with allegiance abilities in ghb 2018 now have their own battletome. I would like to see gw give allegiance abilities to six more armies in the next ghb. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, xking said:

You know, despite me being upset about the Fyreslayers not getting any new non-hero units. They had a really cool trailer with awesome music. 

That music in the Slaanesh trailer was terrible to me though. I hope we get Mortals for them at some point.

aww not a dubstep fan

I think its important to note that the Slaanesh video didn't have any of the existing mortal units present. As I doubt they'll be getting rid of the Hellstriders, I hope this means we'll be seeing more of a mortal focus a bit closer to release.

Also with the recent 40k chaos release we learned about new units and heroes in the daily faction focus articles. I could be totally wrong, but I wouldn't give up hope on new mortal units yet.

I've heard that they say at the Q&A that carrion empire is not going to be re-stocked.

I hope they will sell the Warlock Bombardier individually soon then... Because it is kind of against their rule of "no warscroll for units we don't sell". They made a warscroll for a unit they only sold for a few weeks...

This thing is priced soon expensive on eBay, just like the poisoned wind mortars were before for the same reason (no way to buy them)

27 minutes ago, Num said:

I've heard that they say at the Q&A that carrion empire is not going to be re-stocked.

I hope they will sell the Warlock Bombardier individually soon then... Because it is kind of against their rule of "no warscroll for units we don't sell". They made a warscroll for a unit they only sold for a few weeks...

This thing is priced soon expensive on eBay, just like the poisoned wind mortars were before for the same reason (no way to buy them)

Apparently they also said in the Q&A that they would become available soon.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SleeperAgent said:

I figured as much, but if they are gonna make a new hero available maybe we could get a couple new plastic units. 

Unlikely, its a nice thing to hope for but I don't think we will. At least not this year - though I'm sure that we've got stuff coming one day. 

I’m optimistic that not only will there be more mortal units, I think they’re going to be the showstoppers. Much in the way Gloomspite revealed the gobbos and squigs, and then the big juicy stuff like manglers and Trolls were shown/leaked. There’s a lot of cat hing up to do in terms of Champions representing Slaanesh. The. Urrent marauders on Steeds kind of fill the role of pusgoykes, tzaangor  enlightened and Crushers. So I think we may still see some foot type troops (or snake bodied going bythe aelves).

It’s a very Nice release as it it, and it msy be hopeful hype, but I can’t see gw missing out on Mortals for the Dark Prince. They Also haven’t revealed armies in full for some time now. Time will tell.

On another Note, Creature Casters “Ectasy” Range revealed, for the most part, at adepticon kinda blew gw’s reveal out the water in terms of quality. Though GW’s kos wins it for simply for the subtlety, which is refreshing. The Drakon Ogre Centaur not-shaggoth is stunning tOo.

DA99FB4D-40AB-43F4-A580-E5C75B9A860F.jpeg

F00E4913-1951-4129-AE67-ABDE012E4D2E.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 hours ago, Overread said:

Thing is Creature Caster isn't competing with GW central - they should be competing with awesome models from Foregeworld ;)

You’re right, and its wooping them too. Creature Caster just seem to be doing the job that Forgeeorld has neglected to do for  fantasy. I’m not saying this as if I can think me or the community are owed more by FW, just simply that it seems like Forgeworld would have had a thriving Fantasy range thats being picked up by competitors. And doing very very well if ai may say so. 

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 1

FW has ignored fantasy for ages  - heck FW has ignored a lot of factions that aren't Marines or Imperials. I think the only faction they've shown big attention to outside of them has been Tau. 

I wager part of it just might be that FW has been focused on machines and demonic machines and space marines for so long that they don't actually have skilled people within their team who are animal based for monsters, beasts and dragons. Or if they do they've only got one or two who have too much workload to achieve a good output. 

The other sad thing is that apparently the AoS team they formed to make AoS stuff has been disbanded and rolled back into FW proper again and the only thing they output was some alternate heads for Stormcast. Though I think FW might turn it around I'm really saddened at how little they have on offer for fantasy - esp since AoS is so exceptionally ripe for them. Monsters of the Realms; God Beasts; dragons; demons; there's such a vast lore wealth they can pull from it would be a fantasy sculptors dream to work for 

Edited by Overread
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Overread said:

FW has ignored fantasy for ages  - heck FW has ignored a lot of factions that aren't Marines or Imperials. I think the only faction they've shown big attention to outside of them has been Tau. 

I wager part of it just might be that FW has been focused on machines and demonic machines and space marines for so long that they don't actually have skilled people within their team who are animal based for monsters, beasts and dragons. Or if they do they've only got one or two who have too much workload to achieve a good output. 

The other sad thing is that apparently the AoS team they formed to make AoS stuff has been disbanded and rolled back into FW proper again and the only thing they output was some alternate heads for Stormcast. Though I think FW might turn it around I'm really saddened at how little they have on offer for fantasy - esp since AoS is so exceptionally ripe for them. Monsters of the Realms; God Beasts; dragons; demons; there's such a vast lore wealth they can pull from it would be a fantasy sculptors dream to work for 

Forgeworld seems stuck in the mindset from the early 00's where they were just THE top of the line for miniatures, and they never seem to move on. Their site seems pretty depressing, from lack of fantasy support to mini painting that is almost always outclassed by a mini on the #PaintingWarhammer IG stuff (The Primarchs are the only "well painted" models for a studio of FW size, imo).  Aside from the Primarchs again, there are non-GW and non-FW companies that just put out great standalone models for a good price for the quality

• Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 11:25 PM, xking said:

That music in the Slaanesh trailer was terrible to me though.

Really? I'm a dyed in the wool metal fan, but that music spoke to me. It said "go to a strip club and spend lots of cash."

Perfect for Slaanesh.  Loved it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Overread said:

is that apparently the AoS team they formed to make AoS stuff has been disbanded and rolled back into FW proper again and the only thing they output was some alternate heads for Stormcast. Though I think FW might turn it around I'm really saddened at how little they have on offer for fantasy - esp since AoS is so exceptionally ripe for them. Monsters of the Realms; God Beasts; dragons; demons; there's such a vast lore wealth they can pull from it would be a fantasy sculptors dream to work for 

In the absence of any rumours, I'll join the Forgeworld pile-on.

The Beasts book has been out, what, two months now? Yet Skin Wolves (and Preyton) are still MONSTERS OF CHAOS, which can't even be allied.

There are rumblings of rumour on the BoC thread that this situation will change soon, but, if true, this might be due to GW main taking over all of the rules.

Either way, FW don't seem to want to sell some of the models they already produce, just for the sake of changing one word (i.e. "MONSTERS" to "BEASTS") on a PDF document. It's infuriating.

I used to like FW's random "just wing it" attitude, as it was a counterweight to the overly dry and corporate GW at that time. However, GW have since moved closer to the centre of the spectrum, while FW haven't. That's not to mention the fact that the main studio can now do FW-scale models in plastic better than FW can do it themselves.

I just wish Forgeworld would "fill in the gaps" to replace the worst current models (e.g. Yhetees, Salamanders, Vargulf, Fell Bats, etc.) that GW are not planning to replace themselves, so customers don't feel the need to run off to Creature Caster for a Shaggoth that doesn't look like hot garbage.

Edited by Kyriakin
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

Either way, FW don't seem to want to sell some of the models they already produce, just for the sake of changing one word (i.e. "MONSTERS" to "BEASTS") on a PDF document. It's infuriating.

I also think GW Community site could do A LOT more for FW in advertising it to gamers. Look at the recent Skaven release and hardly a mention of the 3 models FW makes and they are all very affordable options too - heck the Warpgnaw Verminlord is cheaper than the plastic variation whilst wolfrats and the lord on brood horror are well in line with other purchases of a similar nature from GW central (going by UK prices). A launch of the new Battletome should have come with some big advertising of those models; GW itself should be helping push FW models.

I can't work out if the issue is because FW isn't estimated to be able to actually meet demand if they got high attention; or if its some internal politics within GW or if its just that GW staff themselves forget that FW is around for regular armies. 

• Like 1