The Rumour Thread

31 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

WHF is a bad comparison since at its conclusion all Elfes were eaten, so I doubt they‘re too keen on reliving that?

I haven‘t read the novel though I expect there are some rare exceptions of „Pkease don‘t eat me Slasnesh“

——

Am I the only one who thinks the direction of Faction Terrain has become ridiculous? BoK carry a massive shrine, dwarfs an entire forge. And what will aelfes do Next? Will they carry a massive white ivory tower? Or an entire castle, since the scenery does not have to make any sense being on every battlefield it seems..?

It's is really not that far fetched. The Romans built an entire walled camp anytime they had to stay somewhere for longer than a day. It doesn't really seem that hard to imagine that the fyreslayers would bring material to build a forge with them on campaign.

Also it's an awesome model.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

All releases seems either okay or awesome (Slaanesh).

but ofc the fyreslsyers will carry a forge to battle 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

It fits the duardin theme. The dwarfs of old did the same with their anvil of Doom. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chikout said:

It's is really not that far fetched. The Romans built an entire walled camp anytime they had to stay somewhere for longer than a day. It doesn't really seem that hard to imagine that the fyreslayers would bring material to build a forge with them on campaign.

... made of Wood. And you assume they have a Long stay before EVERY battle.

now try to get immersed in this:

throng moves to war:

battle starts apruptly: the forge appears.

Fyreslayers getting ambushed; forge

Fyreslayers ambushing Skaven; forge

Fyreslayers quickly aiding stormcasts; forge

The model is awesome but it‘s lazy game design to include immovable parts of a dwarf hold to take part in every battle.

The Anvil of doom was no FREE TO HAVE MUST INCLUDE you paid points so it was not at EVERY battle. This one is free so it will be a constant part of the game.

if the new sceneries cost points it‘d Be fine.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chikout said:

A few feet from the enemy lines? Whilst the enemy was also building their own encampment, under some sort of builders truce? 

It’s daft. Nice model though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Killamike said:

Nah, looks cool on the tabletop. Rule of cool wins. 

Sorry you guys have to draw your 'unbelievable' line in the sand over nice models. 

Pretty 'stupid' when my stormcast play someone elses stormcast too. 

Sure though there is that training g arena in azyr 🤷🏼‍♂️ So it makes sense.

+++ MOD HAT +++

Appreciate the new releases have got everybody excited, but please think before you post things up.  If your comment goes along the lines of "I don't like XYZ, because it's rubbish/doesn't fit into my own views & opinions", please select the text in your post, hit the delete key and move along.  This is what we class a "negative comment" and as per our rules should receive warning points.

I've just spent a chunk of time clearing up a load of responses and comments that fundamentally stemmed from one such comment, when I'd have rather spent that time reading about the awesome new releases...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

So, i'm as anybody a little disappointed for fyreslayer and i think the new models for slaanesh looks good. The spells en the KoS are the best imho.

And for Warcry its a good news to see that there will be 9 non chaos faction available. But do they will have new models? Thats another real question.

And on the models for warcry, i want to make a comment over... THE NEW PLASTIC OGOR !! 

So ok it is a chaos ogor, but still! Is it a hint to whats next for ogor / gutbusters? Because he looks different. He's more ripped, have less fat and more muscle than the "normal"  ogor who looks more like Homer Simpson than schwarzeneger... 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Killamike said:

Nah, looks cool on the tabletop. Rule of cool wins. 

Sorry you guys have to draw your 'unbelievable' line in the sand over nice models. 

Come mate be fair. You draw the line somewhere as well and something being Cool is entirely subjective as well. :) 

For me the forge breaks that immersion, just like the throne(s), the big Gloomspite piece. Which is very cool on its own but it being connected to a tunnelsystem on every single battlefield... that's where that one breaks for me. Brilliant model though, might get it at some point even without playing Gitz.

Bigger annoyance for me is that it was an essential part of the playstyle for Sylvaneth. It made them unique and that was awesome. Then with Nurgle and LoN it was done well in my mind. Just a shame that LoN didn't get the grave marker terrain pieces it should have gotten. Terrain being part of a playstyle. But now it's not unique anymore and rarely is essential to a playstyle and that feels like a shame to me. (same goes for the NOT endless spell spells.)

If GW release a magma river that expanded every turn travelling with the charge of the Flyerslayers that could look very cool and be an essential and unique part of the playstyle. That would have my support. But not another faction with a terrain piece that simply boosts an hero. 

32 minutes ago, Killamike said:

Pretty 'stupid' when my stormcast play someone elses stormcast too. 

I'll bet you that's going to be the storyline of a book within 5 years time. You're just ahead of the curve. ;) Also Gw got there earlier by introducing the Gladatorium :D 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, rattila said:

So, i'm as anybody a little disappointed for fyreslayer and i think the new models for slaanesh looks good. The spells en the KoS are the best imho.

And for Warcry its a good news to see that there will be 9 non chaos faction available. But do they will have new models? Thats another real question.

And on the models for warcry, i want to make a comment over... THE NEW PLASTIC OGOR !! 

So ok it is a chaos ogor, but still! Is it a hint to whats next for ogor / gutbusters? Because he looks different. He's more ripped, have less fat and more muscle than the "normal"  ogor who looks more like Homer Simpson than schwarzeneger... 

I’m really liking the return of the idea that chaos warbands have a diverse spread of races in them, hopefully it’s a sign of more to come.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Nos said:

Still don’t think Slaanesh is breaking free.

Predicted a while back that it would  probably be done in stages with a “Seekers of Slaanesh” type release first and I’m sticking to my guns.

Ahem 😎

That new KOS is glorious. They’ve cribbed heavily off Mesopotamian and ancient Near East Empire aesthetic which is certainly a more relatable angle than Sex Lobsters.

They’ve also made a more explicit connection between Slaanesh and Aelves, certain aspects of anatomy make them look like distant cousins. Very clever.

Edited by Nos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, rattila said:

Has anyone been able to figure out If Warcry is multipart multiloadout skirmish models or monopose named characters like Underworlds? As a Necromunda player this is the only thing I need to know to decide whether or not I’m on board - and the Ogor has me worried a bit in this regard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luke82 said:

A few feet from the enemy lines? Whilst the enemy was also building their own encampment, under some sort of builders truce? 

It’s daft. Nice model though.

well, I know the British army did this exact thing during the Boer war in South Africa. both sides marched up a hill on a moonless night and built defenses 20m away from each other, only noticed in the morning when the mist lifted (and the shooting started)

But I agree, it would be better if you paid points for the terrain, that way they are not auto-include and the games where both players have less mobile terrain are more easily justified as it happens less often.

• Like 1

The new Keeper of Secrets is just so well done.

It's so seductive, without having all the naked jazz the old keeper of secrets have. It's very androgynous und has such perfect line and pose, which screams sexuality without being in-your-face about it. The face, the walking-pose, the perfect alligned claws, the female and male breast etc. Its 100% slaanesh.

It's one of GW's greatest models i think - and i'm no chaos fan.

For the rest:

• Forbidden Power seems forgettable, just as we forgot most of the first endless spells. Maybe the lore is what makes it stand out. We'll see.
  • Good move by GW confirming other warbands in warcry than chaos, as it was critique no.1 for Warcry. The Gladiatorband looks cool and it shows that GW wants to make Warcry something similiar as Necromunda with each gang being very distinctive from other gangs.
  • Looncurse could be cool, but are we sure "Flora" needs to be Sylvaneth? Whats about Seraphon Jungle?
  • I hope that clear movement trays of Apocalypse will be sold seperatly!
  • Fifty Shelves of Grey - great video, i'm really really curios what they bring. My hopes are high as i have a Gloomspite army coming...
  • Fyreslayers - bummer, they could need new units. But FEC were desperate too, now they seem very good and quite flexible and no one complaints? A new book can make a army feel completly different. Lets wait for the book and especially for the lore of that forge. All new scenery are embedded in the fluff how they can "appear" out of nowwhere. But a Forge?
Edited by DerZauberer
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dawnmane said:

Has anyone been able to figure out If Warcry is multipart multiloadout skirmish models or monopose named characters like Underworlds? As a Necromunda player this is the only thing I need to know to decide whether or not I’m on board - and the Ogor has me worried a bit in this regard.

All the models are single pose would be my guess. The arm to body is usually the bit where it's visible if it's multi pose. Looks to be mono pose. Still very cool though! 

I’m really intrigued what this new paint product is. Honestly stumped thinking what could reduce the grey shame pile (unless GW are going to only allow you to buy more models when you send em a photo of you holding your last purchase fully painted and a copy of that day’s news paper.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3