The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

You know the name nigmos came from fake background someone had written that did the rumour rounds just after AoS was first named on the flyers that started appearing in stores and had nothing to do with GW, right? o.O

Hide contents

Which is a real shame because I liked that background far more than any of the AoS background at launch. Props to the troll(s?) who put the time into crafting it on the very slim chance they're reading this.

We'll thats even better!  I never got any of the big books around launch.

On 05/01/2017 at 7:01 AM, Turragor said:

My money is on duardin steamhead harpoon spear!

Just a quick note here that on the War of Sigmar blog, Lady Atia [tres reliable] described it as 'it's time for the harpoon'. I would suggest that whatever it is, it is certainly a harpoon. So, steamhead duardin sky pirate mechs with harpoons and scatter guns please.

• Like 4

I want to bring everyone's attention to this picture from dwarfs and art from 8th edition. AOS was pretty much developed since 8th edition and dwarf lore also stated they had golems in the likeness of their gods (that were never released). Suddenly we have rumors of a dwarf golem and the first rumor image most likely is a type of duardin golem/steam robot.

c3d87f25d8dca493d4ac76b7a0a0005e.jpg

FullSizeRender-366x500.jpg

Along with the harpoon image and grungi vanishing suddenly in all-gates I also recall sparks are seen in the skies of Chamon AND all the duardin holds in chamon are empty when the stormcast explored them. 

Also I recall rumors said they have seen dwarfs with some form of jetpacks, steam jetpacks and flying blips? Yes please, along with the tzeentch ironbreaker image. I think it's a given in a sense. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, shinros said:

Along with the harpoon image and grungi vanishing suddenly in all-gates I also recall sparks are seen in the skies of Chamon AND all the duardin holds in chamon are empty when the stormcast explored them. 

Also I recall rumors said they have seen dwarfs with some form of jetpacks, steam jetpacks and flying blips? Yes please, along with the tzeentch ironbreaker image. I think it's a given in a sense. 

I connected those dots on Warhammer Weekly 3 weeks ago.  Yes. This is happening ;-)

Edited by Thomas Lyons

13 minutes ago, DeadlySarcasm said:

The spear/harpoon head is very similar in style to the weapon the guy on the sky cutter chariot (champion dude) is holding, I think it's more likely to be something tied to Aelves than Duardin considering its a spear

The aelves seem to have much more rounded and smoother weapons, where as the duardin seem to have very boxy/blocky weapons and armour. I'd say the aesthetic matches the duardin much more than the elves. 

there is a boxed game coming featuring dark eldar gangs fighting each other on hoverboards. The harpoon piece could very well be used by a model in that game. I don't think we often see a metal shaft for a weapon in AoS.

what confuses me on the harpoon is the blue circle, which is painted like a light and not as a gem.

there is a boxed game coming featuring dark eldar gangs fighting each other on hoverboards. The harpoon piece could very well be used by a model in that game. I don't think we often see a metal shaft for a weapon in AoS.
what confuses me on the harpoon is the blue circle, which is painted like a light and not as a gem.

Yeah, but that's looking very much like another discount box like the knight one or the skybattle ones, rather than new minis, and that harpoon isn't spiky enough to be DE.
I'm still stuck on Duardin boarding harpoon.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, elfhead said:

It has Reavers and Hellions in it. No new models, and none of them have that harpoon.

It's also much brighter than any Dark Eldar scheme.

• Like 1

The "harpoon" is not axe-y enough for stunties.  It's almost too subtle.  Skystuntie boarding weapons would be cannons that shoot great axes attached to chains.  Perhaps even cannons that shoot out dwarfs who are holding dual great axes, with chains on their belts.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

The "harpoon" is not axe-y enough for stunties.  It's almost too subtle.  Skystuntie boarding weapons would be cannons that shoot great axes attached to chains.  Perhaps even cannons that shoot out dwarfs who are holding dual great axes, with chains on their belts.

Dwarves must be axe-y?  Is this true in AOS?  If only we had a prior AOS specific release to compare to...
60010799002_fireslayer360.jpg4741c4b561290c80d5593686e4258a78.jpg99120205015_FyreslayersVulkiteBerzerkers04.jpg

Oh wait, we do.  Sorry man, Duardin in AOS are quite fond of war-picks, which are essentially pointy metal sticks with hooks on them.  And that is basically what this leak is.  Is it different?  Yes, but because this is likely our Steamhead release, not more Fyreslayers.  They parallel similar weapons types across these ranges to help create the racial connection but they are different because of a different subfaction.

We're dealing with a new Duardin release folks.

Edited by Thomas Lyons
  • Like 1

I want to bring everyone's attention to this picture from dwarfs and art from 8th edition. AOS was pretty much developed since 8th edition and dwarf lore also stated they had golems in the likeness of their gods (that were never released). Suddenly we have rumors of a dwarf golem and the first rumor image most likely is a type of duardin golem/steam robot.
c3d87f25d8dca493d4ac76b7a0a0005e.jpg
FullSizeRender-366x500.jpg

That's what I've seen. Wish I could share images.. Duardin are next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's for hooking on the zeppelin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Dwarves must be axe-y?  Is this true in AOS?  If only we had a prior AOS specific release to compare to...

Oh wait, we do.  Sorry man, Duardin in AOS are quite fond of war-picks, which are essentially pointy metal sticks with hooks on them.  And that is basically what this leak is.  Is it different?  Yes, but because this is likely our Steamhead release, not more Fyreslayers.  They parallel similar weapons types across these ranges to help create the racial connection but they are different because of a different subfaction.

We're dealing with a new Duardin release folks.

Surely, but his idea would be hilariously awesome. :)

• Like 2