The Rumour Thread

O M G

Warcry looks AMAZING. 

- So the Warbands are modular (compare the pictures, the second and the first trailers) !!!

- They are non-Chaos Warband at launch ; I though they might be "rules-only" warbands, but then the Order symbol isn't entirely Stormcast, and there isn't enough Soulblight models already to create a warband with the current model line, so that must mean NEW MODELS TOO. 

- Fyreslayers Battletome at last ! The invocations are really cool, the scenery is PERFECT. 

- The Looncurse box with Sylvaneth vs Gloomspite tells us already what the next Batteltome is : it's tree time !

- The WHU Kharadron Overlord Warband is nice. The baloon guy is probably the inspiration for the RPG cover art. 

- Forbidden Power looks nice too. Less goofy Endless spells are always a good thing IMO, and next fluff chapter : perfect.

- SLAANESH ! Love the theme. Not convinced on the Endless spells and the little girls with the mirror thingy, but the rest, especially the Keeper and NOT!-Xerxes are awesome. Love the eastern theme (again).

GOOD NIGHT FRIENDS

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

Yeah warcry is shaping up to be really good. The addition of 9 armies outside the chaos selection is going to be really good. 
Slaanesh daemons look great, finish all 5 gods in chaos now.

Fyreslayers release was pretty ****** for the army, endless spells and terrain only for an army of clones. I'm in general getting pretty tired of cheap terrain and endless spells from china coming out for every army. Also the original terrain was grown trees with sylvaneth or maggotkin but now they are dragging the equivalent to the black pyramid to the table somehow (magic?). 

Slaanesh looks amazing.

So here are my thoughts
Forbidden power - meh. just lore and a few more endless spells. Pretty much what I expected but not particularity exciting for me. 

Warcry - no new info other than 9 non chaos warbands will be available at launch which is awesome. New pretty pictures are nice but I'm more interested in the non chaos warbands

40k Apocalypse - Not for me AT ALL, but nice clear plastic movement trays could be awesome.

Underworlds - KO warband looks great

Fyreslayers update - unexpected faction but expected update. 3 spells/incantations, battletome and terrain
Would have liked to see Seraphon updated and sounds like maybe Sylvanth aren't far away. 

Slaanesh - generally I like most of that, sounds like there might be more to come. Was hoping for some elf news. Loving the KoS and the champion guy. The spells are ok too. The mirror thing is ok I guess and I don't like the masque guy. But otherwise seems like a great update. 

Citadel - interesting to see what they come up with? Commission painting service lol?

Other tidbits:
Sylvaneth vs Gloomspite something coming (maybe another faction vs faction box)
new community survey coming. Feedback is always good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ironbreaker said:

How to Fyreslayers lug a furnace to a battlefield? The terrain releases keep getting more ridiculous. You'd think both faction set up shop in the same territory by how things are shaping up.

yea, I agree. The giant mushroom shrine was getting ridiculous, and now they have a literal furnace they lug around and set up. They don't even have the excuse of "Our wizards summon it before battle" anymore with these guys. Do they lug it around everywhere they go and plop it down? Does no army have skirmishers to harass and make sure they can't? 

At least put wheels on the bloody thing!

Keeper of Secrets. Well.. that's probably the best looking model GW has ever made. Army starter if I ever saw one. So much flavor and style! They've truly come out with something special, and honestly the model makes the rest of the greaters look like circus clowns. I think it might be the pose, or the face, or the lack of GW's main sin: details. All of the above and more? I'm so glad they didn't cheapen this out with the usual kazillion meaningless hanging bits or clunky spell effects/smoke etc. I guess many people like those details, but they sometimes make it impossible to focus one's eye. IMO the details should have meaning, not be everything "cool" they can think of to slap onto a single model.. and contrast, contrast, contrast; if everything is detailed, nothing is detailed. 

Edited by marke
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Riavan said:

Man I'm really over endless spells. I wish we were getting campaign books with scenery instead.

From a painting perspective, I really love then Endless Spells, most of them look totally awesome.

From a gameplay perspective, uuurrrggghhhh... How many more ways do we need to dish out D3 mortal wounds with a 50% chance of backfire?
I think it started out as a good idea, but they're really struggling to make good, flavorful rules without making them too powerful.
It's even more true with the terrain pieces.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Minis by Night said:

From a painting perspective, I really love then Endless Spells, most of them look totally awesome.

From a gameplay perspective, uuurrrggghhhh... How many more ways do we need to dish out D3 mortal wounds with a 50% chance of backfire?
I think it started out as a good idea, but they're really struggling to make good, flavorful rules without making them too powerful.
It's even more true with the terrain pieces.

I think they wanted the Endless spells to alleviate the double turn but it never really took off with players.

Slaanesh looks awesome. I wish though that KoS would have a version with bull head. It probably will!

FS is kinda dissapointing. The book looks great and the magma golem is the best looking endless spell ever. But why couldnt yhey make it a unit! It s not like we have too many!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Chaos gods damn it, this is the second time in two days a lengthy Warhammer post I was writing  was eaten by the whims of technology (page reloads for a new post on the next page and the editor restored an ancient post of mine instead of the one I was writing). Here's a still lengthy retry.

I really feel bad for Fyreslyers fans (and FEC before). Sure, a new battletome and the usual stuff might help compete. But modelwhise Spells and terrain is not what those extremely limited ranges need.

Warcry is looking better and better. Warband customization seems to be a go. Warbands are confirmed to be Realm based and look to be undivided. One Realm gets left out, my bet is Gyran as I seem to remember reading that all surviving mortals there fell to Nurgle. If Iron Golems get Dwarves and Ogors, I wonder if some of the others get non-human additions as well. Maybe some Gor for the Ghur warband?

Slaanesh: Love the KoS, but the release looks like it is all about the deamons and I am least interested in those, apart from the Greater ones. It does make lore sense, there may not be so many mortal followers left with the god disappeared, but still not my cuppa. Hoping to be wrong, but don't think I'll be. Looks like it won't be long to the release.

Forbidden Power: Really overshadowed by the rest. Lore looks neat. Endless Spells too, but they are starting to overstay their welcome a bit at this point.

Last I think GW is once again breaking the pattern there with the Slaanesh release. After Thousand Sons to Disciples and Deathguard to Maggotkin it was starting to look like they had a predictable pattern for Chaos releases. One could have even have thought they'd repeat it with Black Legion-Slaves to Darkness/Darkoath. Nope. Now AoS Slaanesh gets a release before there is a 40k one. In addition its the first "proper release" not connected to a Malign Portents herald. I'm even wondering if the Darkoath where actually previews for Warcry, not an army. Or maybe they only do them after all Warcry warbands are released to include them in the BT?

What I find really interesting is that they have only previewed daemons for Slaanesh, which should all be 40k too, and yet purely bill it as an AoS release. Maybe there is more to it than shown after all... Scratch that, it is actually under a Realms of Chaos header. Still not very hopeful for mortals and beasts though.

Edited by Rogue Explorator
eleminated some empty space from formating
  • Like 1

Just now, Turgol said:

Slaanesh looks awesome. I wish though that KoS would have a version with bull head. It probably will!

FS is kinda dissapointing. The book looks great and the magma golem is the best looking endless spell ever. But why couldnt yhey make it a unit! It s not like we have too many!

From what I understand, they have 3rd party factories making a lot of the endless spells (and possibly terrain?). If they do actual new units, then they need to put them in the pipeline at their own studio, long in advance.

Noting this is all hearsay.

2 minutes ago, Turgol said:

Though so too. But if you look closely, that actually is a blend of bovine and humanoid right there. Still, I'm hoping for a full bull for nostalgia sake.

I might have to behead my beastmen taurus spell.

1 minute ago, Rogue Explorator said:

I really feel bad for Fyreslyers fans (and FEC before). Sure, a new battletome and the usual stuff might help compete. But modelwhise Spells and terrain is not what those extremely limited ranges need.

Slaanesh: Love the KoS, but the release looks like it is all about the deamons and I am least interested in those, apart from the Greater ones. It does make lore sense, there may not be so many mortal followers left with the god disappeared, but still not my cuppa. Hoping to be wrong, but don't think I'll be. Looks like it won't be long to the release.

I agree, a few armies really need 1/2 more troop options.

WIth slaanesh, I dont think any of these are mortals? - except the one refered to as a demon prince (who will be both, like most demon princes are). I think they are all demons.

Khorne, tzeentch and nurgle all have quite big demon armies like these too (before you consider their mortal side exclusives).

1 minute ago, Riavan said:

I agree, a few armies really need 1/2 more troop options.

WIth slaanesh, I dont think any of these are mortals? - except the one refered to as a demon prince (who will be both, like most demon princes are). I think they are all demons.

Khorne, tzeentch and nurgle all have quite big demon armies like these too (before you consider their mortal side exclusives).

Yep, not a single true mortal in sight. And Slaanesh only has one unit and two heroes currently that aren't daemons.

Listening to the Wednesday Warhammer guys, it sounds like the question was asked about Slaves to Darkness, and the answer was pretty much that the Warcry models would have AoS rules and "scratch that itch".  So probably not an actual armybook for a while yet, but I would say the implication is that Warcry is Darkoath, pretty much.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, novakai said:

imho I feel like the other 2 Fyreslayer spell beside the Golem looks really similar to the Prismatic palisade and the burning head.

wish they where more unique looking

Yes 100% this. Seems gw didnt put effort in fyreslsyers. Only the comon forge,copy\paste two random endless spells and all the real work have been the golem.

I really cant believe how heck a army as fyreslsyer with 3 years only have two boxes of units but we are getting 999999999 new daemons units each year.

I had as 700 points of fyreslayers that i played as allied of my dispossesed  and i was thinking doing it a full army with the new units. I guess wont happen and as they are allys i cant use the battletome neither the forge so i wont buy nothing of this out of the golem.

1 minute ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Yep, not a single true mortal in sight. And Slaanesh only has one unit and two heroes currently that aren't daemons.

Tzeentch is really low on humanoid mortals as well. I hope that ghey will at least have one aesthetic type of mortals, like acolytes.

Just now, Turgol said:

Tzeentch is really low on humanoid mortals as well. I hope that ghey will at least have one aesthetic type of mortals, like acolytes.

True, but they got the Tzaangor to compensate a bit. Really, as far as mortals go, only Khorne is spoiled for choices, for the other Slaves are still a go to if one wants to go mortal heavy.