The Rumour Thread

Hoo, that's a lot to take in!

Scattered thoughts:

The new Slaanesh models are gorgeous, and I say that as someone with absolutely no interest in the faction.

Gloomspite vs Sylvaneth battlebox? so random...

KO Warband is amazing, can't wait to pick that up.

Warcry having rules for non-Chaos factions may get me to pick up at least the core set for terrain. Especially because Deepkin are one of the 9 factions, so I'm ready to go.

Fyreslayer update! Looks super cool, but mixed feelings. It sounds like the giant lava monster is a spell, which is kinda disappointing. At the same time I don't think we've ever had a spell nearly as huge and elaborate as that thing, so I imagine it's special in some way...

Also, talk of a Magmadroth heavy build, probably along the lines of Gristlegore. I'm guessing they'll introduce un-mounted Magmadroths as a conditional battleline unit, which would be...interesting.

I still really want more unit choices, but what they've added looks really cool, love the monster and terrain piece and look forward to seeing the book previews.

A pretty good preview. The quality of the endless spell models has improved considerably since last year. I wish that golem was part of a unit or a new monster for fyreslayers and not a spell. The secenry piece looks great though. Warcry is looking awesome and everyone who was wishing to play other grand alliances should be happy. Finally the Slaanesh stuff looks much better than I expected. I wonder if we will see mortals too. 

Surprisingly little for 40k though, and what on Earth is the paint stuff? A new Gw airbrush?

• Like 3

I don’t play Fyreslayers so I’m genuinely curious. Is it really going to help the army if they still only have three units to choose from or whatever?

If there is another battleline Slaaneth unit along the same aesthetics of these new models I’m starting a new army for sure. 

• Like 1

Several of the rumour engines are in those slanesh units. The whip (chick on dude's shoulder) the runned plates (unit with  the mirror) and pretty sure the claw wing thing is an angle from one of those (guy with sad mask)

Edited by Ivo

Just now, prochuvi said:

New fyreslayer battletome and 0 new units. Because a army with 2 units boxes dont need nothing more.

But daemons that have as 9999999999 units get AGAIN more new units

Yeah I feel you. My Beasts didn't get anything new either. I think the last Beastmen model was released around 2010 or 2011.

Wait but I thought the Beastmen skull faction was for Beastmen... they haven't shown all the factions after all.

EDIT: Nevermind rewatched the original Warcry trailer. The generic Barbs have that. /sob

Edited by Rhivan

4 minutes ago, Austin said:

I don’t play Fyreslayers so I’m genuinely curious. Is it really going to help the army if they still only have three units to choose from or whatever?

If there is another battleline Slaaneth unit along the same aesthetics of these new models I’m starting a new army for sure. 

rules could really help them

but a common complaint about Fyreslayer is their lack of unit variety.

Slow year for warhammer this year. Even the KO look almost identical to their units and I play and love KO and am mostly meh on the warband. Army wise this is a slow year. Supplement wise same thing. Looks like we get to keep being a bad army for another year guys. 

Just now, Austin said:

Honestly, I can't say. It doesn't do much at all to break up the main issues of the army being samey looking and a chore to paint, but OTOH new rules could potentially breathe some life back into the army by creating more elite builds. Right now, on top of all the units looking the same they also all pretty much cost the same to field and magmadroths suck so you're building a horde of identical looking dudes no matter what.

The preview hints at new builds like columns of Auric Hearthguard (a laughable proposition with their current warscrolls) and mass Magmadroth builds (Ditto, and hero only, unless they introduce a non-hero variant) so they could squeeze more variation out of them by giving them a book roughly on par with FEC.

And of course the terrain and spells are very nice to have and potentially change up gameplay quite a bit, remember this was a completely non-magical faction until now.

Still though, in the long run they need more units, without a doubt. This is just a band-aid at best.  They might be hanging on to a hero model or something they haven't shown yet, though.

4 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

Slow year for warhammer this year. Even the KO look almost identical to their units and I play and love KO and am mostly meh on the warband. Army wise this is a slow year. Supplement wise same thing. Looks like we get to keep being a bad army for another year guys. 

Why do you think this is a slow year? We have had four battletomes already and they just announced two more. The Looncurse box is a pretty strong hint that we will get a Sylvaneth battletome. That makes seven battletomes which is already as many as last year and it’s only March. Don’t forget gw do previews every six weeks or so, so there will be more to come soon enough. I also disagree with you about the ko warband. They look great.

• Like 7