The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Carnelian said:

I'm so confused/bemused. Didn't the aelf adepticon rumours just start as a prank on twitter earlier today? They seem to have taken over completely. Is there any actual legit aelf rumours?  

I would say it was this weeks Rumor Engine with the very Aelven looking rune/horn that got that particular ball rolling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Going to just say, everyone who is screaming elves must be coming...

Temper your expectations a bit haha.

The idea that Teclis and Malareon will ride out to meet a weakening in Slaneesh is mostly, from what i've seen, a community idea. We've got next to nothing to support elves are coming out. Sure, they absolutely are coming at some point, but all we know is Slaanesh release is up to bat. Elves could be later this year.... they could be next year... or the year after.

Tons of excitement is great, but just be careful about drawing it as a definite conclusion. Seen so many people saying a Teclis release is gospel because of this trailer. xD

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xking said:

Murder okay, genocide okay, cannibalism okay. But private parts? That's going too far. 

Private parts makes Sigmar cry. Next time you have those bad thoughts again, think of how the Knights Excelsior would react. I suggest talking to your local warrior priest or lord exorcist if you continue to have these urges. 

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Ironbreaker said:

Private parts makes Sigmar cry. Next time you have those bad thoughts again, think of how the Knights Excelsior would react. I suggest talking to your local warrior priest or lord exorcist if you continue to have these urges. 

Uh oh are we 40k now?

4 minutes ago, Ironbreaker said:

2 minutes ago, Walrustaco said:

Uh oh are we 40k now?

HERESY! *SLAM!*

Edited by Dirtnaps
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

As others mentioned I see not difference in Slaanesh’s depravities to that of other armies. Fimir of Old perhaps taking the award for the most tabboo of all army concepts. But then again, from the Skaven Mothers, Ogor omnivorous  culture (loved that poem they had about eating that Bret Knight near enough as a specific recipe) or even the Chaos Dwarfves which ensalve and torture everything. If there’s a bone that would need picking (no puns) it would have to be the Dark Elves of old Naggaroth. Slaves, debauchery, murder, hedonism, assassination, pillaging, brutally training animals, they did it all. Yet probably nothing unseen in the backwaters of the Mortal Realms. Dark stuff.

Edit- in addition, I could see any of these unsolved engines relationg to SLaanesh either directly or indirectly via Aelfs if they were tied through the storyline. 

669DBEEF-68D9-4942-BE21-B0D860123981.jpeg

BE3C9C5B-C208-45EE-BC28-CD57D08C8ED4.jpeg

EA1331EC-F58A-4195-845F-D454C7A4C297.jpeg

A3B2A090-132B-4E89-B635-1F5D8D95B165.jpeg

4CC2D88A-D09E-4F34-97AE-8B78E465A106.jpeg

Edited by Kronos

8 minutes ago, Walrustaco said:

So this Adepticon stuff... do we start hearing stuff at 2am GMT or is that when we’ll have heard it all?

The panel is Wed 8pm-10pm Chicago Time according to the Adepticon schedule. 
Which I believe is 1am - 3am GMT. 
The WH community page says it reveals will come up at 2am GMT, so I guess they'll post stuff a bit after the panel starts? And we should start seeing twitter leaks an hour before  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

It would be cool if Forbidden Power included a release similar to the harbingers of Malign Portents so that we'd have an individual model to imagine a full army coming down the road off of.

I hope forbidden power gives us non-magic armies something to play with. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Kronos said:

As others mentioned I see not difference in Slaanesh’s depravities to that of other armies. Fimir of Old perhaps taking the award for the most tabboo of all army concepts. But then again, from the Skaven Mothers, Ogor omnivorous  culture (loved that poem they had about eating that Bret Knight near enough as a specific recipe) or even the Chaos Dwarfves which ensalve and torture everything. If there’s a bone that would need picking (no puns) it would have to be the Dark Elves of old Naggaroth. Slaves, debauchery, murder, hedonism, assassination, pillaging, brutally training animals, they did it all. Yet probably nothing unseen in the backwaters of the Mortal Realms. Dark stuff.

Edit- in addition, I could see any of these unsolved engines relationg to SLaanesh either directly or indirectly via Aelfs if they were tied through the storyline. 

669DBEEF-68D9-4942-BE21-B0D860123981.jpeg

BE3C9C5B-C208-45EE-BC28-CD57D08C8ED4.jpeg

EA1331EC-F58A-4195-845F-D454C7A4C297.jpeg

A3B2A090-132B-4E89-B635-1F5D8D95B165.jpeg

4CC2D88A-D09E-4F34-97AE-8B78E465A106.jpeg

Some of those are a bit too recent I feel, the claw is probably the only one I peg as  Slaanesh TBH

I honestly had the whip pegged as  new master moulder model (it came out before skaven release) as its go the same braiding and multi-head design. Though it would also easily work for slaanesh (though I was, no matter what it is, kinda hoping GW could tone down whip weapons in plastic). The bug looks like something out of Gloomspite (one of the trolls is carrying a dead body just like it)

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

The bug looks like something out of Gloomspite (one of the trolls is carrying a dead body just like it)

I don't think it's the bug from the trogboss. This pic (although a coversion) shows the bug from the best possible angle; they look similar, but not the same.

50492110_279214359413188_4460854811684262793_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

21 minutes ago, Overread said:

I honestly had the whip pegged as  new master moulder model (it came out before skaven release) as its go the same braiding and multi-head design. Though it would also easily work for slaanesh (though I was, no matter what it is, kinda hoping GW could tone down whip weapons in plastic). The bug looks like something out of Gloomspite (one of the trolls is carrying a dead body just like it)

The whip is too crudely made for a Slaanesh model

5 minutes ago, prochuvi said:

Seeing how slanesh have been confirmed i dont think we are getting more news for aos in adepticom : (

I doubt they'd give away everything for AoS in a teaser before the panel. 40k just had a new release so its unlikely there will be another huge preroder so fast. Expect Sisters of battle teases and such.

Slaneesh is for sure the big model event, and it doubly goes for my first point since the demon releases are for both 40k and AoS.

Very likely we see more battle-tomes and such in addition to the slaneesh goodies. As well as probably Warcry, Forbidden power taste, and of course more boxed game stuff.

1 minute ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Well the rumor engine pic that is an armored claw is something one of the original keeper models had.

Beyond that, hoping for aelf soup at least. A full reveal like last year needs to be a thing.

I am excited at the possibilities but my bar is set extremely low lol

Aelf soup would be exciting as it would further confirm the current faction page once again.

• Like 1