The Rumour Thread

Just now, AaronWIlson said:

Could totally be a aelf release alongside the Slaanesh release.

They're going to preview something that looks like it has to be and Idoneth endless spell, but give no further detail. Then in six months we find out it's a Dark Eldar terrain piece. 

I won't say I'm surprised, because I was leaning towards Dark Oath being a late release, after Warcry and what not, and Slaanesh was the other suspected big release for the year.

Still, more Chaos...hopefully it does mean some kind of Aelf release this year.

1 minute ago, Ironbreaker said:

Oh wow, this is a surprise. I expected Slaanesh to be a bigger deal. Like campaign worthy. Not saying it won't be, but I expect more build up. 

well when they use their Graphics department to make an actual trailer then it usually signify I slightly bigger release then normal 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, novakai said:

well when they use their Graphics department to make an actual trailer then it usually signify I slightly bigger release then normal 

This is comparable to the Daughters of Khaine teaser. We got the animated trailer without any models and the next day they showed of everything besides Morathi. 

And then, the next day:

3 minutes ago, novakai said:

Right, I don't think Beasts of Chaos, Skaven, or Flesheaters got a real "trailer" did they (there was one for Carrion Empire, but it was of models, not pseudo animated)?

1 minute ago, Rollcage said:

Most get trailers these days. Nighthaunt/Idoneth/Daughters/Maggotkin/gloomspite got videos like that off the top of my head.

Right, the ones that get some kind of actual release, not just a one and done book+spells+terrain. 

Given that the Keeper or Secrets is the last greater daemon that hasn't been updated, that's probably a lock. The Wrath and Rapture models will stand alone releases, and we'll probably see a hero or two at least. We may not see all of this today, but by the end of release. Probably the biggest question mark is if Slaanesh will be getting a decently sized mortal army. That would make it a bigger release. Even bigger if the Emperor's Children come out for 40k, but if they do, I don't think it will be likely(World Eaters didn't come along side the recent Khorn release).

7 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Right, I don't think Beasts of Chaos, Skaven, or Flesheaters got a real "trailer" did they (there was one for Carrion Empire, but it was of models, not pseudo animated)?

yeah even Khorne didn't get a real trailer either.

the ones like DoK, IDK, Nighthaunt, Stormcast, and Gloomspite all got a graphic trailer and then had significant model releases afterwards.

Hoooboy I can't wait until tomorrow! Fingers crossed it is like the DoK release and they show us everything, I wonder if we're going to see any slaaneshi elves mixed in with the mortals or not. I reckon if there isn't a Tyrion/Malerion aelf release shown alongside it there's probably a decent chance there'll be one out not too long after.

3 minutes ago, Ironbreaker said:

Seeing how Slaanesh came first, I foresee future Aelves to be a response to Slaanesh. Sort of how the Sacrosanct Stormcast are a response to the actions of Nagash.

I could see that. Tyrion and his elves hiding in Hyish while Malerion and his elves are keep a low profile in Ulgu, but once Slaanesh is back, they've forced to "rejoin" the world to fight Slaanesh.

Edited by bsharitt

35 minutes ago, Ironbreaker said:

Oh wow, this is a surprise. I expected Slaanesh to be a bigger deal. Like campaign worthy. Not saying it won't be, but I expect more build up. 

Well this is likely tied very closely to Forbidden power, and its surely a very large release. Rumors have been out for a while, with pages of people pointing out foreshadowing that Nagash would inadvertantly shatter the bonds on Slaanesh. Feels sufficiently big to me! :)