The Rumour Thread

Being a big Dispossessed fan, I don’t expect anything to do with us tonight. I also don’t know where anyone is getting the idea that a combined dwarf faction will ever become a thing. It’s a dumb idea that as far as I can tell was started by NDA breaker a while back and now we now everything he said was worthless. Im fairly certain that when we do get a tome it will be standalone or combined with free peoples, and dare I say it, elves.

• Like 1

I do not expect anything particular, what they will show, they will show. I do hope it will be more than single miniature and logo of something, like when they showed warqueen and 2nd edition logo. This sucked big times. Also not a fan of videos showing nothing like the one for Forbidden Power, could easily live without such productions, more was revealed in one sentence written above the video than in itself. 

Few more hours and we will see which allegiance's players wallets will cry the most ;)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

Why? 90% plastics, why not just add MORE models to it like DoK or Grotts? 

Swifthawks are based on Hyish, for example, why wouldnt they be on Tyrions army?

10 hours ago, Vexcor said:

Elfes are a key faction in every fantasy game, they will give them some love. its just a madder of time

Couple of points I think are important. 
1. GW has already shown us how they envision Aleves in AoS. Twisted by the corruption of Slanesh.  DoK, Iodoneth, and whatever Malerion has been cooking.  
I think obviously Tyrion and Teclis will have found a way to "fix" their aelves, but they probably had to do SOMETHING to them to purify them... it's very possible they won't look like WFB aelves.  Even if they do, the old minis likely won't fit. They are too stiff, too rank and file.  With the gloomspite release, the aesthetic was changed VERY little. and the grots are so short that it was fine to just leave the existing plastic kit.  With DoK, witch aleves were not basic infantry in WFB. Their poses are fantastic, very dynamic. They work great in AoS.  
Besides, a lot of the modern high Aelf models people have are from Island of Blood, which are no longer (and never will be) in production.   
I suspect all new models, all new units. It would be cool if they recommend counts as  from old > new aelves, but you'll probably be on your own there. 

6 hours ago, Kaz said:

I honestly feel like Seraphon are possible for a significant release, like Gloomspite Gitz scale release. But they would be more of a major ‘un, methinks

Really think Seraphon is much closer to Skaven than Gloomspite:
1. Moonclan - Very few models to start with, needed a lot of new kits to be a main faction. The only "big" model (old mangler) had a lot of problems
2. Skaven - HUGE range, though much of it metal, plenty of plastic kits. Some "big" plastic kits (thanquol, bell, WLC, verminlord, HPA, etc)
3. Seraphon - HUGE range, though much of it resin (GW likes resin more than metal even). Some "big" plastic kits (carnosaur,  bastiladon, stegadon)

If they are willing to punt on Skaven model refresh, they are willing to punt on Seraphon model refresh. Just battletome + spells +terrain. no new models for a few years. In the next few years they are still trying to get their planned new factions out, and are saving their existing faction model refreshes for factions that really need it (example, Moonclan, Slaneesh, STD, Gutbusters)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

Does....does that count as a battletome? O.o 

It has everything you need to run a matched play legal LoA army. 

The allegiance abilities, artifacts & battalions are all excellent.

LoA will never be a top-tier army but this does make them decently competitive.

Some non-FW armies don't even have this stuff (ie. Gutbusters).

Edited by Televiper11

@sorokyl the twisted Aelves are only a segment of the Aelf population. Within Daughters of Khaine the bulk of the army are perfectly normal, healthy aelves; the only twisting is Morathi's influence in making males weaker. Otherwise the only "slaanesh" influenced aelves are the khinerai and melusai (thus far) for her forces. So only a smaller elite are saved from slaanesh and placed into new bodies, the rest are totally normal.

Idoneth are a saved people again, but able to reproduce and thus populate their own race. 

The bulk of aelves within order, living on land who are not living in teh realm of shadow are "normal" aelves such as one might expect from the Old World. So all those spearmen and archers of yore are perfectly valid within those forces. They have none of the taint of Slaanesh and are born and bred within the Realms themselves. There might be the odd hero who survived the old world, but by and large they are pretty much 100% realm Aelves. They don't have any of Slaanesh's corruption and heck with the great Prince caged they might even have less influences from that chaos realm than before (but that might be  moot point as the Greater Demons are still around and still very active)

13 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

1. GW has already shown us how they envision Aleves in AoS. Twisted by the corruption of Slanesh.  DoK, Iodoneth, and whatever Malerion has been cooking.  
I think obviously Tyrion and Teclis will have found a way to "fix" their aelves, but they probably had to do SOMETHING to them to purify them... it's very possible they won't look like WFB aelves.  Even if they do, the old minis likely won't fit. They are too stiff, too rank and file.  With the gloomspite release, the aesthetic was changed VERY little. and the grots are so short that it was fine to just leave the existing plastic kit.  With DoK, witch aleves were not basic infantry in WFB. Their poses are fantastic, very dynamic. They work great in AoS.  
Besides, a lot of the modern high Aelf models people have are from Island of Blood, which are no longer (and never will be) in production.   
I suspect all new models, all new units. It would be cool if they recommend counts as  from old > new aelves, but you'll probably be on your own there. 

I will have to disagree in some points here. 

1- GW didnt remove "modern plastics" from any of their lines. Not incorporate those into their collection would be an odd move.

2- The "stiff" characteristic always remind me on the introdutory scene in Lord of The Rings, where the disciplined Elves fight in a very contained way.

3 - There are twelve kits/options are still sold for High Elves. If GW would release about 3-4 kits, the Faction would look really unique AND have lots of options.

4 - I belive that Tyrion Aelves will have the classic look with the pointy winged helmets. Pretty much like Fyreslayers, i belive they will keep their identity.

That said, all we can do is wait. Your guess is as good as mine!

5 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

@Overread I just get the impression that there aren't that many of the "normal Aelves" otherwise why are the leaders trying to create armies out of Slaneesh Souls??   In the lore it seems like early on they even had a hard time finding other aelves in the realms

That was mostly Morathi wandering along in the realm of Shadow and that was long LONG before the rise of the golden age. The Golden Age basically all those fragmented poeples became kingdoms and nations of peoples. Now granted the Chaos Age also blasted many populations back; but the Age of Sigmar we are clearly seeing humans, dwarves and aelves easily repopulating to cities and nations. So there's ample aelves around. Again the bulk of the DoK faction alone are all totally normal aelves. Malarions Aelves are - far as we know- normal just touched and influenced by the shadow realm that they inhabit. We also know that there are many aelves living in Free Peoples Cities and a huge swathe of aelven subfactions within Order. Aelves are far from underpopulated (in comparison to other races). They are a solid stable people. 

4 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

@Overread I just get the impression that there aren't that many of the "normal Aelves" otherwise why are the leaders trying to create armies out of Slaneesh Souls??   In the lore it seems like early on they even had a hard time finding other aelves in the realms

Kinda.

Aelves always had reduced numbers, even in WHFB. There werent many Elves souls indeed, but there is a long time since Sigmar made the mortal realms and by now the Elf population must be relativly "normal".

What the Elves gods are trying is to save the souls that were consumed and "fix" then. So far with weired results.

2 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

What the Elves gods are trying is to save the souls that were consumed and "fix" then. So far with weired results.

Exactly and even the souls they save not all are remade into new bodies; some are simply allowed to move on and "die" because they are not strong enough (or as one Malign Portent's story shows - because they hear something they shouldn't). Basically the Aelves are giving one massive middle finger to Slaanesh by saving the souls consumed and remaking them into new bodies to live. 

Of course the Idoneth "failed" and fled; whilst Morathi twists them to become her personal servants for her own ends. We don't know of the other two primary groups yet to know how they are affected and adapted save that one is more demonic and another more angelic. 

On 3/26/2019 at 8:40 AM, Thiagoma said:

Imo Wanderers deserve a DoK like release.  All they need is a Behemoth and revised warscrolls, a kit or 2 and it is ready.

Mixing with Sylvaneth would be kinda boring. Give then some cool monster/beast to ride!

Shrugs.  A battletome like Beasts of Chaos.  Spells and leighlines and bring back the waystone as terrain, a few paired sets of them.

On 3/26/2019 at 10:19 AM, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

I think Lion Rangers should be folded into Wanderers.  Their fluff fits pretty well, in my opinion.

Swifthawk agents match well too. 

If you wanted Wanderers the GG kit doesn't match what they've produced since so if you broaden your gaze and try to think logically you could see an Aelf book come together that does fit AoS lore.