The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Forrix said:

Think so though this one is going to need to be occupied by more than a terrain piece and Endless "Spells" to get me to buy in. I've got a small fyreslayer army but got so burned out on repetitive models. It needs new units and some aesthetic variation.

To be more serious, I think this is why they should do a mixed Battletome. Fyreslayers are really monotone in terms of style - every unit is just the same model but with a different weapon/pose (other than the big beasties, of course). But you can't really deviate without losing a bit of the flavor of the army.

Now, if you could take them alongside Dispossessed in a single Allegiance, you have two different but complimentary flavors without needing to print a bunch of new models. I think it's a solid win/win.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Requizen said:

To be more serious, I think this is why they should do a mixed Battletome. Fyreslayers are really monotone in terms of style - every unit is just the same model but with a different weapon/pose (other than the big beasties, of course). But you can't really deviate without losing a bit of the flavor of the army.

Now, if you could take them alongside Dispossessed in a single Allegiance, you have two different but complimentary flavors without needing to print a bunch of new models. I think it's a solid win/win.

Give then some Fire Elementals or an Avatar, A ur Gold moved Golem or Smaller Magmadroth like monster (maybe with dwarfs riding it) and fyreslayers would be way cooler.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Thiagoma said:

Give then some Fire Elementals or an Avatar, A ur Gold moved Golem or Smaller Magmadroth like monster (maybe with dwarfs riding it) and fyreslayers would be way cooler.

I would love this! Something like an order version of the K'daai Fireborn would be amazing to see :)

I don't think so there any chance for exsiting armies to be expanded anytime soon(sure some armies might get new small heroes like Khorne, FEC and Skavens). The best bet for Fyreslayers is one big Duardin BT.  I think GW wants to bring all older armies up do date - so combined Duardin book somehow works as they could "refresh" KO, Fyreslayers and Disspossesed at one time. 

That's why I think Wanderers could be folded into Sylvaneth with new endless spells for Sylvaneth. 

Just now, DantePQ said:

I don't think so there any chance for exsiting armies to be expanded anytime soon(sure some armies might get new small heroes like Khorne, FEC and Skavens). The best bet for Fyreslayers is one big Duardin BT.  I think GW wants to bring all older armies up do date - so combined Duardin book somehow works as they could "refresh" KO, Fyreslayers and Disspossesed at one time. 

That's why I think Wanderers could be folded into Sylvaneth with new endless spells for Sylvaneth. 

The only thing making me doubt the mixed tome is that they're listed as separate on the Faction page. This could be just them not updating it until it becomes official, but I doubt it. I think we'll get separate Tomes for sure, with maybe a mixed one thrown in down the line, or some sort of mixed Duardin Battalion in each Tome.

5 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

I don't think so there any chance for exsiting armies to be expanded anytime soon

GW just released a massiv expansion for the Genestealer cults. They too were a completly new faction that lacked variety. 

I can see GW updating some of the existing "new" factions this year. 

I don't like the mixed battletome for Fyreslayers because it doesn't do anything to fix the problem with Fyreslayers. They need new units that build on their unique themes to make them a more interesting and varied force.  As mentioned some sort of Avatar unit as a centerpiece, a new mid size unit like Golems or Salamander Cav and they're set.

Mixing Fyreslayers, Dispossessed, and KO isn't like Gloomspite Gits where each subgroup has a unique identity, (IE Moonclan brings the mass infantry, squigs, and fanatics, Spiderfang brings the cav and big spider monsters, and Troggoths bring the big boyz) You end up with something more like:

Fyreslayers bring the slow, tanky infantry hordes, backed up by Dispossessed with their slow tanky infantry hordes, and KO with their slow, squishy ranged infantry hordes+airships)

It's just not that interesting. Plus they'd have no legal allies left except Stormcasts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, madmac said:

Plus they'd have no legal allies left except Stormcasts.

We don't need allies.

On a more on topic note the lore don't really stand with KO in the mix.

I can see Dispossessed and Fyreslayers togheter but KO had taken a way too different road lore-wise.

Make actually more sense a free people-dispossessed great city allegiance. (Why the hell both armies acts as order amry but they cannot ally??)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, madmac said:

It's just not that interesting. Plus they'd have no legal allies left except Stormcasts.

Nor do skaven have any except for nurgle if a certain model type  is the general.

1 minute ago, Furuzzolo said:

We don't need allies.

I can see Dispossessed and Fyreslayers togheter but KO had taken a way too different road lore-wise.

Make actually more sense a free people-dispossessed great city allegiance. (Why the hell both armies acts as order amry but they cannot ally??)

Yea He alp just don’t really seem to fit into the grumbling Dispossesseds and fyrelsayer ranks.

for some reason they always felt like a faction that left their old traditional handywork behind, and joining the risk of flying and building gigantic sky ships.

im not sure if the dispossessed will like a faction that left their old good traditional work behind, the  again those dwarfs at least have something to grumble about.

I'm fairly sure we'll see two or three Battletomes. More if they are updates less if they are including big model releases. 

There's also Warcry and that other expansion to come which could take up a slot. In addition we've no idea if they'll update facitons like Idoneth with some Endless Spells. so there's a LOT that could be on show. Considering that right now we don't have any hints about what is coming for the Core AoS game its ripe for this to be a big news splash - esp as its Adepticon and a big event. 

Just now, Furuzzolo said:

We don't need allies.

I still don't think any combined dwarf book makes any sense, but if they did go that route, I think that Fyreslayer and Dispossessed would be the only one that seems plausible. Though it would would seem weird that after all these years, they finally do a full Slayer army only to then refold it back into "regular" dwarfs so soon. But those two at least have some ties to the "old ways" more so than the KOs. Also KO are much more of a brand new army, so I think GW wan't to keep them on their own. Yes, technically Fyreslayers are a whole new army, but even though they didn't bring old models with then(most slayer models being very dated) I still sort of consider them in the same group as Ironjawz, Sylvaneth, and the other factions that took a unit or two from an old world army and was expanded with new models to create a whole new faction.