The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

It is REALLY not hard to predict Seraphon is coming considering they have one of the oldest battletomes, their currently battletome is wildly inaccurate due to most of the rules being in GHB/errata, and the Slanns being the "masters of magic" without any spell lores or endless spells. Battleforce to clear out the existing stock of battletomes, now time to release a new one! (hope everyone here waited...)

Anyone predicting Seraphon this yearhas a >50% chance of being right, not necessarily a prophet. Same with KO/Slyvaneth/Ironjaws/StD/Slaneesh

I would go so far as to say any Battletome prediction this year is something like a ~90% of being right. 

Last year they promised to get all 40k Codices up to date. They got 11 out the door over the course of the year, while also dropping AoS2 and various other things. There's 9 factions with no Battletome, and 5 with pre-AoS2 Battletomes. I think they could get most or even all of them done before 2020, maybe Q1 2020 at the latest.

Aye and that's why predictions are so "easy" this year.  You have a high chance of being right for AoS because GW has proven they can do it; is still going strong and has already said they want to do it. All the signs point to loads of Battletomes so its super easy to be "secret informer" and guess at which are next. 

In the end we just have to wait it out - thankfully Adepticon this week is likely to be a big load of news for AoS that should keep people happy for a few months at least. 

That said who IS going to Adepticon? Because whoever is its your duty to corner GW staffers and grill them for rumours in honour of the thread! 

20 minutes ago, Overread said:

Save that the wishlister of yore (NDA breaker) managed to not only totally miss Skaven and Flesheaters coming out so soon but if I recall right, they'd said nothing was coming for skaven for months and months and months. Be it their own wish list or someone feeding them false information there is enough inaccuracies to make it proven that the information wasn't reliable. 

Oh, you are right. They predicted a "small release" or "white dwarf supplement" with Carrion Empire later in the year on 1/29. The Battletome/spells/terrain for Skaven were announced on 2/3. That prediction did not hold up well.

Just now, Overread said:

Aye and that's why predictions are so "easy" this year.  You have a high chance of being right for AoS because GW has proven they can do it; is still going strong and has already said they want to do it. All the signs point to loads of Battletomes so its super easy to be "secret informer" and guess at which are next. 

In the end we just have to wait it out - thankfully Adepticon this week is likely to be a big load of news for AoS that should keep people happy for a few months at least. 

That said who IS going to Adepticon? Because whoever is its your duty to corner GW staffers and grill them for rumours in honour of the thread! 

I'll be there but will be playing more than roaming. I would live-post from the preview panel but it'll all be on the Community site a few minutes later :P 

I actually try to leave the GW guys alone at these types of events. You can tell they're happy to chat, but also running from panel to panel and being harangued every step of the way has to be tiring for them, so I try to give them space. Duncan especially literally can't leave a room without people wanting selfies and autographs, it's like being a Hollywood celebrity for a weekend.

1 minute ago, sorokyl said:

Slaneesh
Gutbusters/Ogors
Free Peoples
Disposessed
Aleves

Those are the only 5 I can see, and honestly I have a hard time seeing the last 3 

Well I don't count pre-GHB Battletomes. Ironjawz, Fyreslayers, etc don't have Allegiance Abilities, Artifacts, Command Traits, Spells, or subfactions, so they're basically just books for Battalions.

Aelves, Free Peoples, Dispossessed, Fyreslayers, Seraphon, Slaanesh, Slaves to Darkness/Everchosen, Ironjawz, Gutbusters have either no Allegiance Abiliites/Artifacts/etc, or only half-versions from GHB. 

Next White Dwarf kicks off a new Tale Of Four Warlords called 'The Stormvault Warlords' - presumably that's people starting new armies for the Forbidden Powers campaign, as the teaser for that mentions Stormvaults. Which probably means Forbidden Powers is going to be revealed before that issue comes out, right? 

Maybe that's a leap. But it feels more likely than the article being all about people building the models for that new board game :P 

1 minute ago, robinlvalentine said:

Next White Dwarf kicks off a new Tale Of Four Warlords called 'The Stormvault Warlords' - presumably that's people starting new armies for the Forbidden Powers campaign, as the teaser for that mentions Stormvaults. Which probably means Forbidden Powers is going to be revealed before that issue comes out, right? 

Maybe that's a leap. But it feels more likely than the article being all about people building the models for that new board game :P 

Isn't Stormvault that SCE board game that they showed off at GAMA?

3 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Isn't Stormvault that SCE board game that they showed off at GAMA?

It is, but the Forbidden Powers campaign is also about 'the Stormvaults opening' - as revealed in the teasers. This article's definitely about AOS armies anyway, it says in the preview. 

2 minutes ago, michu said:

Yeah, @robinlvalentine, as I said it's a little bit weird as they just started a 40k one, but maybe they're going to make it alternating?

It looks like they're also  starting a Lord Of The Rings Battle Companies one this issue. Add that to the one in theory still going on the website too and you get the impression maybe someone at GW is just a bit too excited about the format... 

3 minutes ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

Just throwing this out there - entirely speculation... but what if dark oath don’t get a full release (at least not yet). Seems a bit much them basically being the focus of underworlds, warcry AND get a massive model and book release all together 

I wouldn't exactly call them the 'focus of underworlds' they just got a war band.

And then I just think of Warcry as part of the 'massive model and book release', in the way that Speed Freakz was really just part of the big Ork push last year (I think it will be clearly much more of a genuine standalone game that will be supported for a while unlike SF but it will do the same trick of getting models out there).

As I've said before my expectation is we'll probably get Warcry pithing the next few months, a good few, if not all, of the additional war bands and then after those are released they'll do a combined StD/Everchosen/Darkoath battletome, at which point the accompanying model release wouldn't necessarily have to be ridiculously massive and you'll have lots of people already with the bare bones of a new army to reel in.

Anyway I'm probably wrong about this, so we'll just have to wait and see!

13 minutes ago, JPjr said:

I wouldn't exactly call them the 'focus of underworlds' they just got a war band.

And then I just think of Warcry as part of the 'massive model and book release', in the way that Speed Freakz was really just part of the big Ork push last year (I think it will be clearly much more of a genuine standalone game that will be supported for a while unlike SF but it will do the same trick of getting models out there).

As I've said before my expectation is we'll probably get Warcry pithing the next few months, a good few, if not all, of the additional war bands and then after those are released they'll do a combined StD/Everchosen/Darkoath battletome, at which point the accompanying model release wouldn't necessarily have to be ridiculously massive and you'll have lots of people already with the bare bones of a new army to reel in.

Anyway I'm probably wrong about this, so we'll just have to wait and see!

Of course I meant focus of warcry :D 

Fair enough though. As I say just speculating. 

Edited by NurglesFirstChosen

2 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

A lot of the Battletomes have official Art. Blades of Khorne has the same one from a long time ago. 

The art was commissioned by and is owned by Fantasy Flight Games, so it's unlikely it would be used as a battletome cover.

Not impossible, but very unlikely.

Edited by PJetski
  • Like 1

Just now, PJetski said:

The art was comissioned by and is owned by Fantasy Flight Games, so it's unlikely it would be used as a battletome cover.

Not impossible, but very unlikely.

Oh ok. I was just saying, it could be real because they recycle art all the time. It's probably fake though, yeah. That sucks.