The Rumour Thread

8 hours ago, Overread said:

Yep on the 40K side I really hope Eldar are next! Orks and Chaos have had big updates; Marines get continual updates; Tyranids are pretty much all updated (I wouldn't say no to new heads for gaunts or plastic duel kits for the lictor/deathleaper and bio/pyrovores); Necrons, Dark Eldar and Tau all have new fancy toys and good solid ranges; Sisters of Battle are getting a big update whilst Orks and Chaos have had/are having a big update. Genestealer Cults got a massive update - so yeah the last thing on the table for an established functional army is Eldar

That Ork update was ok - and that is pushing it.  They dropped the new various buggies and that was it despite trying to build the hype train for a Orktober and a huge release.  The buggies are all nice mocels, but half of them are fairly DOA due to lack-luster rules.  They made 6 completely different vehicles but were unable to create 6 sets of compelling roles for them to fill - so half of them are simply outclassed by the other half since they are vying for the same role.  The models all look excellent though.

And then they ignored half of the existing range that is either missing options or could use updates.  Tankbustas & kommandos are still expensive old resin kits that don't fit the aesthetic for the rest of the range.  There is no mega armored warboss option.  There is still no Deffkopta kit other than the old character GorkaMorka model.  The Weirdboy model was terrible when it was first released, is resin, and has not at all got better with age (at least the Weirdnob makes a good base for a conversion).

They could have done a lot better with the Ork release.

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Chikout said:

Someone put an aos mini in a 40k preview by mistake!!CSM_WE-Mar22-LordExecutioner4uvdhhfcs.jpg.d6ab073dbb103bb7f99826bac1568fc3.jpg

Seriously though, just remove the backpack and the cable on his axe and you are good to go.

That is a very very dope model! Definitely getting that one at some point

edit- I can’t find the picture on the community page. What preview am I looking for 😅

Edited by Kramer

4 hours ago, TheR00zle said:

Don't want to be "That Guy", but let's focus on our nonexistent rumours, anybody heard anything about Adepticon?

I hear it's next week sometime, and rumor has it that I'll be there.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

So let me get timelines straight. The studio preview is on wednesday afternoon. Which means that it's on thursday morning for us living in europe, right?

Preview is 8 PM CST, which is 1 AM in UK (dunno other Euro time zones). Might just want to wake up to the community post :) 

4 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

That Ork update was ok - and that is pushing it.  They dropped the new various buggies and that was it despite trying to build the hype train for a Orktober and a huge release.  The buggies are all nice mocels, but half of them are fairly DOA due to lack-luster rules.  They made 6 completely different vehicles but were unable to create 6 sets of compelling roles for them to fill - so half of them are simply outclassed by the other half since they are vying for the same role.  The models all look excellent though.

And then they ignored half of the existing range that is either missing options or could use updates.  Tankbustas & kommandos are still expensive old resin kits that don't fit the aesthetic for the rest of the range.  There is no mega armored warboss option.  There is still no Deffkopta kit other than the old character GorkaMorka model.  The Weirdboy model was terrible when it was first released, is resin, and has not at all got better with age (at least the Weirdnob makes a good base for a conversion).

They could have done a lot better with the Ork release.

Do you have a minute for speed freeks, sir?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Sadysaneto said:

Do you have a minute for speed freeks, sir?

The boxed game?  I think it is great.

However, it is a bare-bones one-off game that probably will be discontinued before too much longer - especially now that the exclusive buggies it contains have been released as individual kits.  From my experience all of the different vehicles have good rules within that game.  However, lets not pretend that the main target of those kits is not the main 40k game and that this game was simply a way to package up the initial models and get some extra cash out of them.

I like that box.  I bought it.  I think the game is fun to play as a quick little game and thankfully all of the vehicles seem pretty well balanced within it.  However, the rules in 40k for each of those vehicles is drastically different and they did a poor job carving out a useful niche and effectively costing the various vehicles.  Sadly the squig-launcher trukk rules are just plain bad.  Thankfully the dragster, trike, and rocket engine all pretty good.  Overall it was a mixed bag for a release. 

They really should have done a better job on the rules for new models.  Model-wise I want to have big squadrons of all of the vehicles roaring around the table while I yell "Witness Me" and call my opponent's stuff "Mediocre!".  But sadly the rules make it hard to pull the trigger on spending that much money.  I love Orks enough that I just may do it - but I do wish GW rules team had put in a bit more effort (kudos to the miniature design team for those models though).

10 minutes ago, Riavan said:

Why won't gw let me give then money.

Also will flip a table if I can't paint them green and put them in with nurgle.

At least we know why the Darkoath Chieftain from The Silver Tower is sneering.  That is GW, mocking our desires while knowing we will instantly forgive them the moment I see a glorious Darkoath Battletome cover.

As Gandalf once said about me, "Austin both loves and hates the GW as he loves and hates himself." Or close enough to that anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2019 at 1:34 PM, Sleboda said:

Thanks for the tip. I watch a LOT of hobby-related YouTube videos while painting (usually from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. 😋 ), and there's a ton of content I really want to hear, but the production values (blown out or uneven audio, poor camera shots) and/or lack of presentation skills (verbal ticks like ums or repeated use of a phrase, very thick off-putting accents) end up making me turn off about 80% of what I start to check out.

Fingers crossed this is a good one! If so, thanks again for the tip!

So, watching my first.

So far, liking it!

Other than a TON of "like" verbal filler (and perpetuating the prefix "meta" as an actual word), it's pretty darn engaging! Thanks for the suggestion again.

Edited by Sleboda

52 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

So, watching my first.

So far, liking it!

Other than a TON of "like" verbal filler (and perpetuating the prefix "meta" as an actual word), it's pretty darn engaging! Thanks for the suggestion again.

‘Meta’ is a word of its own now, in certain contexts. Funny how language does that. 

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

‘Meta’ is a word of its own now, in certain contexts. Funny how language does that. 

No. It's not. Ignorance does not need to be accepted.

Also, now I'm 3 hours into my WW experience. Less thrilled. There is a level of ego that is off putting.  

Bummer

Love the content. Really. 

But, issues with the personalities and grammar.

Really, I'm not going for "a hole" on this.

For f's sake, it's AMAZING that folks like Vince are putting out fun content. Hellz yes, bring it. 

I'm just saying that my very fussy (based on career in marketing and sales and love of grammar) views make me have super high standards for what I watch.

Edited by Sleboda

So not sure if rumour or not, but page 16 of the new khorne tome mentions ‘the flux-cairns of Tzeentchian arcanites’ in the same sentence as ancient glades of the sylvaneth. This is in a section discussing the fluff of endless spells and scenery. 

If I had to guess I would say flux cairns are the name of the Tzeentch scenery.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Praecautus said:

So not sure if rumour or not, but page 16 of the new khorne tome mentions ‘the flux-cairns of Tzeentchian arcanites’ in the same sentence as ancient glades of the sylvaneth. This is in a section discussing the fluff of endless spells and scenery. 

If I had to guess I would say flux cairns are the name of the Tzeentch scenery.

That "would like" box has been mentioned few times before, the one with Sylvaneth vs Tzeentch, and it would be  a very good job. Sylvaneth do have scenery so they have less work with that but I would like to see both army's endless spells, they can make such wonderful pieces there

12 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

The boxed game?  I think it is great.

However, it is a bare-bones one-off game that probably will be discontinued before too much longer - especially now that the exclusive buggies it contains have been released as individual kits.  From my experience all of the different vehicles have good rules within that game.  However, lets not pretend that the main target of those kits is not the main 40k game and that this game was simply a way to package up the initial models and get some extra cash out of them.

I like that box.  I bought it.  I think the game is fun to play as a quick little game and thankfully all of the vehicles seem pretty well balanced within it.  However, the rules in 40k for each of those vehicles is drastically different and they did a poor job carving out a useful niche and effectively costing the various vehicles.  Sadly the squig-launcher trukk rules are just plain bad.  Thankfully the dragster, trike, and rocket engine all pretty good.  Overall it was a mixed bag for a release. 

They really should have done a better job on the rules for new models.  Model-wise I want to have big squadrons of all of the vehicles roaring around the table while I yell "Witness Me" and call my opponent's stuff "Mediocre!".  But sadly the rules make it hard to pull the trigger on spending that much money.  I love Orks enough that I just may do it - but I do wish GW rules team had put in a bit more effort (kudos to the miniature design team for those models though).

Yeah, i see your point. And i agree. Thing is, i really dont care about 40k any longer.

I bought 2 copies and all the buggies, and we play it a lot on our club.

The racing rukks are insanely fun.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

Thank you for that.  Could not have said it better myself.

So I forget - is Adepticon happening now or next week?  Hoping for more War Cry info

Adepticon is next week. I’m hoping for more Warcry too, but it wasn’t that long since the trailer so I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t get much more so soon after.