The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Theslowcentury said:

May not be AoS related but apparently something big coming out in the June slot (AoS 2.0 in 2018, 40k 8th in 2017). Most tantalisingly, it’s apparently not something that has been previewed yet so not war cry. I guess we will see! 

Where did you hear that? Or do you just mean because of past releases?

4 minutes ago, Theslowcentury said:

I can’t really say where I heard it without potentially getting someone in trouble but it was told to me by a well placed source. Obviously apply salt, but I promise you I’m not on a wind up!

Oh, yeah I didn't mean it like that.  I was just wondering if I had missed some common rumor!

• Like 1

That means it is not forbidden Power either.  I think GW has already shown their hand in terms of non battletome releases for AoS in the first half of the year. 

The June slot will probably be 40k. We know that sisters are coming towards the end of the year and we will probably get more marines but beyond that we really know nothing.  

8 minutes ago, King Taloren said:

Could also be the Ynnari update and army.

I think when they do do a Ynnari codex and new models it will be a pretty big deal and essentially could represent a complete refresh for the Eldar line. 

So what with the pretty chunky Black Legion release at the moment and the increasingly closer and closer looking Sisters of Battle one, I'd imagine they'd leave a fair bit of breathing space to let wallets refresh before they drop that.

So I reckon for AoS...

Bigger Warcry reveal, maybe even a glimpse of something from the first war bands to be released post-starter set.

Proper Forbidden Powers reveal.

Kharadron Underworlds warband.

Hint of next Carrion Empire style box set, late April release that will similarly come with 2 new BTs and a couple of models, would not be surprised if its something like KO vs Iron Jawz or Sylvaneth vs Tzeentch.

Storm Vault board game info.

Something teasing an entirely new thing or reimagining of an old thing (ogors etc) (yay for vagueness).

That would be a lot to digest.

-

I, personally, think Darkoath/StD will be autumn once Warcry is out and maybe an extra war band or two.

With Slaanesh as a big release next year alongside some kind of Aelf business.

Anyway looking forward to being proved hilariously wrong on all counts.

I really hope that Ynnari is either done after a Craftworlds update or alongside. The core of the Craftworld Eldar models is ever so out of date! Even many of their plastics are first generation plastics with no revised updates. Eldar needs a big and almost full rework of their core army and I've love GW to do it - though honestly I'd love for them to embrace the more Xeno side of them rather than the more "human like" side. The old Farseer models and bonesingers with tehir elaborate and large helms always looked really alien to me. In contrast things like their mech units with their domed heads always looked rather plain and dull. 

7 minutes ago, Overread said:

I really hope that Ynnari is either done after a Craftworlds update or alongside. The core of the Craftworld Eldar models is ever so out of date! Even many of their plastics are first generation plastics with no revised updates. Eldar needs a big and almost full rework of their core army and I've love GW to do it - though honestly I'd love for them to embrace the more Xeno side of them rather than the more "human like" side. The old Farseer models and bonesingers with tehir elaborate and large helms always looked really alien to me. In contrast things like their mech units with their domed heads always looked rather plain and dull. 

Especially given how incredible the Drukhari range is, Eldar need some love

Yep on the 40K side I really hope Eldar are next! Orks and Chaos have had big updates; Marines get continual updates; Tyranids are pretty much all updated (I wouldn't say no to new heads for gaunts or plastic duel kits for the lictor/deathleaper and bio/pyrovores); Necrons, Dark Eldar and Tau all have new fancy toys and good solid ranges; Sisters of Battle are getting a big update whilst Orks and Chaos have had/are having a big update. Genestealer Cults got a massive update - so yeah the last thing on the table for an established functional army is Eldar

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Overread said:

Yep on the 40K side I really hope Eldar are next! Orks and Chaos have had big updates; Marines get continual updates; Tyranids are pretty much all updated (I wouldn't say no to new heads for gaunts or plastic duel kits for the lictor/deathleaper and bio/pyrovores); Necrons, Dark Eldar and Tau all have new fancy toys and good solid ranges; Sisters of Battle are getting a big update whilst Orks and Chaos have had/are having a big update. Genestealer Cults got a massive update - so yeah the last thing on the table for an established functional army is Eldar

you forgot imperial guard, which have pretty old models. other then the scions the IG plastic kits are just as old as the eldar plastics (both are needing updates) and many of the regiments are still metal (it would be nice if we atleast got an upgrade sprue for them), not saying eldar don't need it too, but I think the IG need it aswell.

27 minutes ago, Turin Turambar said:

you forgot imperial guard, which have pretty old models. other then the scions the IG plastic kits are just as old as the eldar plastics (both are needing updates) and many of the regiments are still metal (it would be nice if we atleast got an upgrade sprue for them), not saying eldar don't need it too, but I think the IG need it aswell.

Yeah IG needs some new models. But rules wise they are pretty good. Especially with allies of over half (probably 3/4) the factions in the game.  Elder had a good codex at open of 8th but then GW didn’t stop making everything stronger than the last codex. And brought in Knights and superheavies into regular play. Eldar kind of fell behind and Ynnari got so badly nerfed it’s the KO of 40k.

Edited by King Taloren

9 minutes ago, King Taloren said:

Yeah IG needs some new models. But rules wise they are pretty good. Especially with allies of over half (probably 3/4) the factions in the game.  Elder had a good codex at open of 8th but then GW didn’t stop making everything stronger than the last codex. And brought in Knights and superheavies into regular play. Eldar kind of fell behind and Ynnari got so badly nerfed it’s the KO of 40k.

Don't want to be "That Guy", but let's focus on our nonexistent rumours, anybody heard anything about Adepticon?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TheR00zle said:

Don't want to be "That Guy", but let's focus on our nonexistent rumours, anybody heard anything about Adepticon?

I heard that I am tired of waiting for Darkoath.

edit-- my source is solid.

Edited by Austin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7