The Rumour Thread

14 hours ago, Greyshadow said:

Oh wow - Leena Stormspire is awesome! It would be a two hour drive to purchase this kit but I think it would be worth it. This is the Stormcast model I have been waiting for. I think she would make a great leader for a Skirmish warband.

This would also be a great swap for the Knight Questor in  Silver Tower.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

the chaos space marine stargate... there's going to be lots of good conversion potential in that  I feel.

I wonder if that'll have anything to do with the upcoming Slaves to Darkness/Darkoath/Everchosen mixed Battletome. There's nothing about the terrain piece that screams "40k only" to me, so maybe as an altar for Chaos Mortals armies to summon in support from the Realm of Chaos or something. Would be an easy win for GW to get double sales off one box.

Just now, Requizen said:

I wonder if that'll have anything to do with the upcoming Slaves to Darkness/Darkoath/Everchosen mixed Battletome. There's nothing about the terrain piece that screams "40k only" to me, so maybe as an altar for Chaos Mortals armies to summon in support from the Realm of Chaos or something. Would be an easy win for GW to get double sales off one box.

Well the crown itself has clearly industrial "feet", and is full of plasma glowing cables.

It would be easy to convert it to AOS (corrupted Realmgate ?) removing the too "technological" parts, though.

2 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Only problem being how Space-ish it looks... reminds me of the Protoss stuff back in Starcraft.

yet it looks like a great corrupted chaos realmgate! 

6 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Next two weeks of releases will probably be new CSM as most of the sculpts have been shown off now. From the stock advice that GW sent out it looks like raptors and cultists are not getting new kits.

We can also safely assume there will be more vanguard space marines at somepoint this year. 

Last two warbands for Nightvault release in April and possibly one more book, spells and scenery release. 

Hopefully we get a nice diverse showing at adepticon. 

GW said there are gonna be lots of new models for chaos on Sunday, and so far they’ve shown the Terminators. And yep, the raptors are unlikely to get new kits. Cultists might get a rebox though, and there are apparently even more sculpts on the way. Hopefully they’ll finish showing off the range before adepticon, both for my sake and for for AOS :D

6 hours ago, Aryann said:

GAMA was a bit of a let down for AoS. Even though 40k is on a roll I expect 1-2 new battletomes to be announced and maybe some more light on Forbidden Power. So far it were the first halfs of the year for AoS to get its announcements so Adepticon and later Warhammer Fest are our best bets for AoS news.

I feel you, mate. GAMA was hyped quite a fair bit, but had been pretty meh for AOS fans. But don’t worry! I think Adepticon will definitely have something for us hobbyists! 

6 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

The GW studio preview seminar at Adepticon will be around 2-3 hours in the morning next Thursday (not tomorrow).

http://www.cvent.com/events/adepticon-2019/agenda-7822dab492fa4ed0bde10d960366d97c.aspx

The AOS website has a new WARCRY section ; I think it's a safe bet we'll get more news on this game at Adepticon. 

https://ageofsigmar.com/warcry/

O.o I actually feel like Warcry might expand to encompass all grand alliances eventually. No way that GW is dumb enough to do that and make it only for chaos. It really feels like they are trying to make warcry their ultimate trump card for all of AOS... 

we’ll have to see at adepticon, but i’m Beginning to feel the hype train picking up speed... 

9 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Well the crown itself has clearly industrial "feet", and is full of plasma glowing cables.

It would be easy to convert it to AOS (corrupted Realmgate ?) removing the too "technological" parts, though.

Hm, I think they only look like Plasma because of the lighting effect in the preview picture. I could easily see that being painted as stone or metal for a more Fantasy feel. But I guess it is more "industrial" than most Chaos things.

52 minutes ago, Kaz said:

It really feels like they are trying to make warcry their ultimate trump card for all of AOS... 

After this

52 minutes ago, Kaz said:

but i’m Beginning to feel the hype train picking up speed... 

Only beginning to pick up speed? 😉

Boi, your hypetrain is moving faster than a Japanes magnetic train from the future! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Kaz said:

O.o I actually feel like Warcry might expand to encompass all grand alliances eventually. No way that GW is dumb enough to do that and make it only for chaos. It really feels like they are trying to make warcry their ultimate trump card for all of AOS...

Be prepared for total disappointment then.

They just released a Stormcast only game.

Stormvault-Games-Workshop.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Kramer said:

After this

Only beginning to pick up speed? 😉

Boi, your hypetrain is moving faster than a Japanes magnetic train from the future! 

HAHAHA

55 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

Although this was for a pretty minor reveal, unlike Warcry which gw Seems to actually be putting a lot of effort into. Remember, this box was barely even noticed by the larger community, so i feel that GW (hopefully) is trying to appeal to the entire playerbase with warcry

Yet, I’m still happy for Warcry. I’m a fan of half-naked barbarians with their own unique flairs, especially chaos ones (I’m a heretical worshipper of Chaos) 

WHY MUST TIME PASS SO SLOWLY BEFORE ADEPTICON 

2 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

This looks like it is aimed at boardgamers exclusively though, I don't really think it's really that comparable to a skirmish. I do think Warcry might actually be only chaos though at least until an expansion comes out later down the line if one does, here's hoping if it is just chaos for the entire run they go absolutely nuts with the warbands (I'm talking mutations, weird designs, daemons and completely different races the whole shebang) and maybe even throw in some warbands of minor chaos gods.

Edited by Dirtnaps
  • Like 1

Well that answers one of the rumour engines. Lovely models too, they're killing it with these Black Legion lads, the 2 adjuncts would work nicely in AoS with not much effort.

Actually just realised it answers 2 of them as they showed the lectern on the back of the other bloke as well. 

WordBearerLegionFocus-Mar21-DarkApostle20gfewbfbsd.jpg

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JPjr said:

Well that answers one of the rumour engines. Lovely models too, they're killing it with these Black Legion lads, the 2 adjuncts would work nicely in AoS with not much effort.

Actually just realised it answers 2 of them as they showed the lectern on the back of the other bloke as well. 

These 3 new Idoneth Endless Spells are weird

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, JPjr said:

I know we're all getting impatient about no new AOS rumors or that one of our(personal) favorite factions have yet to receive a battletome(insert Y/N and favorite army here), but let us all take a moment to appreciate the beauty of this model and how it is clearly a sign of the quality of models to come.......... Okay now let's get back to the topic of  rumors.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SuperKick said:

Been out of the rumour loop for a while. Anything floating around about when we might see Malerions aleves? 

Far as I'm aware we've got nothing at present. 

Hints from GW itself that "more slaanesh will come " and "new aelves" are about all we've got. Otherwise the GW Leaks Department has been really slow - heck I'm willing to bet GW has closed the department and sold the potato! 

• Thanks 1

Love the mew disciples, defintley have some somehow in my StD Army.

on another note, I know its HH bit a Daemon is Daemon.  This popped up on rumour sites, saw it on spiky bits. Seems to be an undivided Daemon, I can only assume it will follow some day (hopefully not 3 year gap) with a beautiful Resin model on par with Samus and Utterblight. Only time will tell but my burning wallet sense is tingling. 

B6399B07-C069-478E-A485-653D1932D276.png

• LOVE IT! 2

3 hours ago, JPjr said:

The book was one of the 'Daemon Engine' rumour engines too.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Love the mew disciples, defintley have some somehow in my StD Army.

on another note, I know its HH bit a Daemon is Daemon.  This popped up on rumour sites, saw it on spiky bits. Seems to be an undivided Daemon, I can only assume it will follow some day (hopefully not 3 year gap) with a beautiful Resin model on par with Samus and Utterblight. Only time will tell but my burning wallet sense is tingling. 

B6399B07-C069-478E-A485-653D1932D276.png

I dunno if it will. The Daemon list is deliberately ‘generic’, so you can use loads of different models and aren’t just stuck with the same daemon models we already have. There’s even base size list for the list, so you know what size model to use for each entry.