The Rumour Thread

Kairos Failweaver getting a nerf scroll? That'd be sweet

Where did this come from? Bear in mind that he has been nerfed already - no longer +2 to cast.

This video seems like an (extended?) version of the one from the end of the Warhammer TV reveal. Is the image of the "Bird" / "LoC" new? If so - seems to have no arms and only one head. Sounds exciting whatever it is!

Edited by Nico

17 minutes ago, Nico said:

Where did this come from? Bear in mind that he has been nerfed already - no longer +2 to cast.

This video seems like an (extended?) version of the one from the end of the Warhammer TV reveal. Is the image of the "Bird" / "LoC" new? If so - seems to have no arms and only one head. Sounds exciting whatever it is!

I think it is that vulture that comes in the new acolyte box.  Just a guess though.

• Like 3

Back to this one: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/16/the-rumour-engine/

I thought that with the new death roller reveal it was obvious that that's what it is but after another look it seems that they aren't from the same model.

The styles don't really match and the paintjobs seem to be TMM (in rumour pic) v NMM (FW deathroller). Ofc maybe they've painted a few.

So I guess this is still unconfirmed and likely steamhead?

17 minutes ago, daedalus81 said:

What death roller?  I can't find it anywhere.

Yes, the death roller was done in NMM and having seen it from a few angles can confirm I didn't spot anything that matched the rumour engine pic.

I also didn't find out anything new from the open day at WHW yesterday.  The new Khorne Dragon is coming along nicely and Trish had one there which looks like it's ready to be molded up

33 minutes ago, Bjarni St. said:

Would it be too much to hope the (possibly maybe) upcoming Dwarf release looks even half as good as those?

Bet on it.  While there are legitimate concerns about scale creep - I can say that after getting my hands on the Thousand Sons kits, it is a good thing.  The stuff that they can do with the upsized models is incredible. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, daedalus81 said:

Bet on it.  While there are legitimate concerns about scale creep - I can say that after getting my hands on the Thousand Sons kits, it is a good thing.  The stuff that they can do with the upsized models is incredible. 

I cannot think of any downside to scale creep. Space Marines were always comically small for superhuman giants (for instance).

Oh maybe one downside - transport!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeGrunt said:

january%2Bwhite%2Bdwawrf.PNG

Looks like Devoted of Sigmar get a nod. Here's hoping they get a little something in response to it, would be nice to see Humies get a faction book.

I actually do think we may see something from them in the future overall I think the devoted of sigmar fit as the new main "human" faction for AOS. The stuff they bring out is pretty high fantasy and along with the excelsior war priest from sliver tower I do think they are in the pipe somewhere. 

Also the stuff tzeentch is doing? Part of their job is to keep it from happening. 

Also new novel is coming out, the link is not working on dakka but I shall put up the information. Finally a novel on a witch hunter character that's been like my wish it seems though we are at the fleshing out stage of the fluff. 

City of Secrets 

A Legends of the Age of Sigmar novel 

In the city of Excelsis, in the heart of the Realm of Beasts, Corporal Armand Callis of the city watch stumbles upon a dark secret and finds himself hunted, with just a witch hunter for companionship. 

READ IT BECAUSE 

It's an in depth look at life in a city of the Mortal Realms coupled with a rip-roaring tale of action and adventure, not to mention a most intriguing mystery, as you might expect of the City of Secrets… 

THE STORY 
Excelsis is the city of secrets, a grand and imposing bastion of civilisation in the savage Realm of Beasts. Within its winding streets and shadowy back alleys, merchants deal in raw prophecy mined from an ancient fragment of the World That Was, and even the poorest man may earn a glimpse of the future. Yet not all such prophecies can be trusted. When Corporal Armand Callis of the city guard stumbles upon a dark secret, he finds himself on the run from his former comrades, framed for a crime he did not commit. Only the Witch Hunter Hanniver Toll knows the truth of his innocence. Together the pair must race against time to save Excelsis from a cataclysm that would drown the city in madness and fear. 

Written by Nick Horth 

2526d7c3160cde7462a6fd6bd4def57c_5394.jp

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Percivael said:

Anyone get any news from the open day re. New Fimir models?

Nobody there really to ask!  All we know is what was gained from one of the Open Days last year, FW will continue to produce new Fimir models all the while they sell.  There isn't a solid plan to make a Battletome - however there also isn't a solid plan not too, so if the range continues to prove popular we may see something appear in the future.  We can expect the Hag (with helpers) and the Sorcerer released at some point this year all being well.

• Like 1

Lord of Change is still possible.

Five things we love in... January 

[5]Clearly the Changer of Ways is in the ascendancy, for he has managed to sneak some of his twisted minions into a second issue of White Dwarf, including some that won't be out for another couple of weeks. But can you spot Tzeentch's latest minions, and will the Great Conspirator attempt to infiltrate next issue and go for the hat-trick?