The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Bjarni St. said:

Applied some google-fu to the Acolyte text. It seems as if the Glaive is a champion upgrade, but I'm not at all sure if that's what they mean, with the other options being the scroll, "to strengthen blasphemous powers", or the evil parrot. The bird is a "creature of Chaos who gorges himself on arcane power and is more than happy to tear apart a magician to get it."

"Some" Gaunts fight on foot, while others choose to ride discs. Not surprising, given the old model on disc and the ST one on foot. They have quite different warscrolls currently, it'll be interesting to see what scroll(s) will be in the book. The current disc rider's rules are pretty sketchy, especially in matched play.

Does it mention the Familiars in the Gaunt Summoner's description? I'm surprised that they're not in the picture. That suggests an entirely new Warscroll for this model, as the rules for the Familiars make up about 50% of the current one.

Hmmmmm if I can finish painting this 1000 point Slaanesh army before Tzeentch comes out I may just have to grab myself some of the new stuff! But I'd also like to see steampunk dwarves, and I still have previous projects to finish painting argh too many pretty new toys on the way D:

1 minute ago, CJPT said:

Does it mention the Familiars in the Gaunt Summoner's description? I'm surprised that they're not in the picture. That suggests an entirely new Warscroll for this model, as the rules for the Familiars make up about 50% of the current one.

No, and he's pictured without them so I'd venture a guess that they're not coming along for the ride.

• Like 1

£15 for a hardback Battletome is nuts! Loved the early cheap ones like Pestilens. I was convinced we'd see them creep up and up in price as they added more content and fleshed the game out. Looks like it's going the other way! At this price, I'll buy them for  armies I'm only half interested in. Great move by GW! 

Screenshot_2016-12-29-19-35-33.png

• Like 4

On 12/29/2016 at 5:34 PM, Bjarni St. said:

No, and he's pictured without them so I'd venture a guess that they're not coming along for the ride.

This is interesting. It makes sense, because the familiars are on the main Silver Tower adversaries sprue with the tzaangors, horrors, acolytes, skaven and so on. The Thaumaturge and Gaunt Summoner are both on their own standalone sprues, which will be what is in these clampacks. However, that means that we'll basically have three pointed-up warscrolls for two Summoner models: Gaunt Summoner on Disc, Gaunt Summoner with Familiars, and Gaunt Summoner with No Friends And No Ride.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CJPT said:

Gaunt Summoner with No Friends And No Ride.

Awww! Poor junior high summoner! He just wants a girl to at least talk to him, he'll just dream of the heady heights of High School and dating a girl of his own. Perhaps his One True Love, They'll go to the Chamon High School prom on a stretch disc of Tzeentch and live happily ever after. Don't drink the punch, Nurgle spiked it!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DarkBlack said:

There is a warscroll for familiars in general...

The rules are completely different, though. The Summoner's familiars are more like tokens that denote specific buffs, and can be treated as ablative wounds but only if your opponent opts to do so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dez said:

Awww! Poor junior high summoner! He just wants a girl to at least talk to him, he'll just dream of the heady heights of High School and dating a girl of his own. Perhaps his One True Love, They'll go to the Chamon High School prom on a stretch disc of Tzeentch and live happily ever after. Don't drink the punch, Nurgle spiked it!

Age of Sigmar High School AU. Go!

On 29/12/2016 at 7:51 PM, hobgoblinclub said:

£15 for a hardback Battletome is nuts! Loved the early cheap ones like Pestilens. I was convinced we'd see them creep up and up in price as they added more content and fleshed the game out. Looks like it's going the other way! At this price, I'll buy them for  armies I'm only half interested in. Great move by GW! 

Screenshot_2016-12-29-19-35-33.png

This is brilliant news. I'm definitely picking the up just to read!

At £15 there may even be people picking it up as a first look at the Lord of Change mini, even 40k players. And anyone whose painted a Silver Tower set, myself included, will be thinking 'well If I just add a box of this and a box of that I could easily start a small Tzeentch army'! will definitely pick up the battletome and allow it to sway me!

9 hours ago, daedalus81 said:

Twitch feed said 'several weeks' of releases.  40K gets a splash to start then we'll be through Feb, I think.

On a side note, anyone had a look into latest 40k book with Thousand sons? There wete supposed to be rules for blue and brimstone horrors in there. Any confirmation? This might hint if we will get those as a separate boxes, how many models inside etc.

20 minutes ago, Malin said:

On a side note, anyone had a look into latest 40k book with Thousand sons? There wete supposed to be rules for blue and brimstone horrors in there. Any confirmation? This might hint if we will get those as a separate boxes, how many models inside etc.

They are in the 40k books know, and broke the meta.