The Rumour Thread

25 minutes ago, Minis by Night said:

Well we found the Darkoaths I guess. People who wanted Conan style barbarians should be pleased.

But man those Reavers are amazing!

There not to be confused with khorne bloodbound reavers.

These are just chaos tribes, all new stuff really. Can colour them anything.

EDIT: they have no khorne icons at all the only reason you think they are khorne reavers is the chaos warrior similarities and they painted them red. But the symbols are clearly just chaos. 

Edited by Rollcage

I don't see any of the typical markings on any of those "khorne" models. They are painted red, otherwise look like an entirely new thing? The darkoath looking guys seem to line up pretty well aesthetically. Those new Furies are awesome. Looks like a bunch of new terrain too, which is neat.

Chaos only...

Never did I remotely expect to be sandbagged by Warcry, but here we are.

It sounds great, I guess? It is, at its core, what I was hoping for. AoS Killteam. Narrative elements, mordhiem-esc progression. The sculpts look great, interesting and diverse. But seriously, Chaos only? Reading through the facebook comments it is just the starter, but all the talk is about it delving deeper into Chaos. Likely with representation from all four of the gods in new and interesting ways. 

All I wanted was a skirmish game to collect bits and pieces of different factions. Maybe make an Ogre team, pick up a little chaos, perhaps even some order factions...

I just don't get it. Basically just turned it into a boxed game by restricting it to only one grand alliance. I might just be tired, but I don't think I've been this disappointed in a reveal since... forever. 

Congrats for people only interested in Chaos I guess. Hope they eventually open it up to more factions, but now looking at the premise and comments, I really doubt it.

• Like 4

I know people are not exactly happy with that product either but aos skirmish is exactly the product you are asking for @Shankelton I was not into the idea of chaos only when we first heard about it but that was a failure of imagination on my part. 

One of the best things about this reveal is that we have seen three warbands so far and none of them are just new Khorne, Tzeentch,  Nurgle,  Slaanesh or Skaven warbands. 

From the icons, I am guessing that none of the first six warbands will.  

Then we have multi tiered scenery which will be usable in skirmish too, campaign play,  character advancement etc. It very much feels like Aos Mordheim which didn't have warbands from every faction either.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I know people are not exactly happy with that product either but aos skirmish is exactly the product you are asking for @Shankelton I was not into the idea of chaos only when we first heard about it but that was a failure of imagination on my part. 

One of the best things about this reveal is that we have seen three warbands so far and none of them are just new Khorne, Tzeentch,  Nurgle,  Slaanesh or Skaven warbands. 

Then we have multi tiered scenery which will be usable in skirmish too, campaign play,  character advancement etc. It very much feels like Aos Mordheim which didn't have warbands from every faction either.

Fair. I'm sure there will be some very creative sculpts, and takes on the forces of chaos that will only flesh out the world more. 

But there's just no getting around the Chaos only thing for me. One of the biggest problems I have with AoS is that, still, everything feels so laser focused on Chaos and Stormcast. Of course, that is warhammer... no issue with it being a huge focus, but im still waiting for my factions to even get a mention in story content. Now this thing I was looking forward to comes around, and the parts of the world I want to see fleshed out arn't even invited to the table. lol.

Sure it'll be great, but for the moment all I feel over this release is sour. Can't get over the design choice lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

No, Skirmish is NOT the product people want. People want a balanced game with more detail, something Skirmish isn't (Skirmish is horribly unbalanced if you know what to do). They want AoS Kill Team. 

In short, they want Warcry, but they want to be able to use all factions, not just Chaos. 

• Like 3

On Warcry:
My guess would be a Chaos Only 1vs1 (in terms of models) Skirmish for Chaos Heroes fightning each others. I don´t think any other factions will be added as even the alone place warcry takes place is a high security chaos area.

On Chambers:
It could be anything. And althrough Stormcasty in first appeareance I doubt it to be Order/SCE Only. I Would rather guess it is really a new addon-concept like endless spells are.

1 hour ago, novakai said:

I think people may have overhyped Warcry just a little bit because of those rumor that happen awhile back (it being AoS Killteam with leaders and using Shadespire board) which are now pretty much false.

Just show how much damage false rumours do. 

• Like 3

All Chaos is a no go for me. But am I the only one to also find that the models look terrible? Perhaps the "darkoath" are salvageable. But the bearded warband, the beasts warband and the full helmet one all look very bad IMO. And this is something I almost never say of GW miniatures.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, TheWolf said:

No, Skirmish is NOT the product people want. People want a balanced game with more detail, something Skirmish isn't (Skirmish is horribly unbalanced if you know what to do). They want AoS Kill Team. 

In short, they want Warcry, but they want to be able to use all factions, not just Chaos. 

Can I just say I’m not people? Apparently...

I have my problems with Skirmish but an open rules system that I can mess with to my hearts delight yes please. 

And the other end of the spectrum, I really was excited about killteam would have been my first 40k game but every expansion makes it less likely. It’s getting so matched/competitive play focused that I don’t think I’m going to get it anymore. 

So no I don’t want AoS killteam nor do I dislike skirmish to the point I DONT want it. 

Otherwise ignore this message, but using the opinion of all People to validate your own opinion always feels a bit dumb to me. 

• Like 5

What ever Warcry turns out to be, I can’t imagine it will be long before expansions add the ability to include non-chaos factions.

I hope it has the scope to really personalise and evolve the warbands. I doubt we’ll see the D1000 chaos attribute charts return but something along those lines would be great.

The six icons are probably tribal but it would also be cool if it possibly explored the idea of the lesser powers of Chaos.

(Apologies for the wish listing I know it aggravates some folks beyond all reason!)

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

Bolded that last bit for emphasis.

I've seen a few people on FB making complaints about the lack of variety compared to Mordheim; they're either forgetting or are ignorant of how narrow the focus of those initial warbands was. At launch, we had humans, hairy humans, rich humans, religious humans, differently religious humans, Chaos humans, undead humans, and Skaven. All of those Empire factions made sense, because the game was set in the ruins of an Empire city, just like Warcry is set in a Chaos wasteland.

It was through Town Cryer that we eventually got rules for so many warbands in Mordheim, and there's a good chance we'll see the same for Warcry in White Dwarf.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Can I just say I’m not people? Apparently...

I have my problems with Skirmish but an open rules system that I can mess with to my hearts delight yes please. 

And the other end of the spectrum, I really was excited about killteam would have been my first 40k game but every expansion makes it less likely. It’s getting so matched/competitive play focused that I don’t think I’m going to get it anymore. 

So no I don’t want AoS killteam nor do I dislike skirmish to the point I DONT want it. 

Otherwise ignore this message, but using the opinion of all People to validate your own opinion always feels a bit dumb to me. 

I didn't say ALL people. I am people too and I don't like Skirmish. It has many issues. Just look at all the fan-created variants that have come out of the years and you'll see what I mean; I am not the only one that thinks this..

Some people like the idea of Warcry being Chaos only. Some people don't. Each to their own. Personally, I was *hoping* Warcry would be the AoS equivalent of Kill Team. And it still may be. But it doesn't read that way.

A little disappointed because of the chaos focus (which I did not believed when the rumours came up here some weeks ago). Like many I would have preferred different factions or destruction instead of chaos in the box set.

BUT, it seems to be packed with terrain, I love the fact that they are pushing the word « narrative » and I am sure it will be a good rule set. It is just that ****** box content.

• Like 1